Young black males high school graduation rate

Unfortunately, these are the baby daddies and baby mommas who are replicating themselves, bringing more children into the world to lead the same dead-end life as their parents, bogging the race down with ignorance and violence. It's depressing.

You people are in the Ozone.

How many young black males you think you had graduating high school in 1950? In 1970?

More Young Black Males graduating high school than any time in history.

And anyway, what jobs they got for them now? What they got to look forward to?

Everybody is not a book reading dilettante. The high school I went to was plenty of young WHITE males either did not graduate or could not read a lick when they did.

They all did well--went to the auto plant, the steel plant, the munitions plant.

Now here this:

EVERYBODY IS NOT ABLE TO WORK WITH THEIR MINDS. YOU NEED JOBS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN WORK WITH THEIR HANDS. DON'T GIMME THAT CRAP ABOUT THEM JOBS IS GONE AND AIN'T COMIN BACK! THEY BETTER!

Keep on playin. I heard the Taliban is providing work for such people over in Afghanistan--

IT CAN HAPPEN HERE!

No matter how hard you try to obfuscate the issue with your usual rendering of subtefuge and rhetoric, Chrishayden, "the mind is a terrible thing to waste". You are implying that young black men have no potential and should settle for being manual laborers/field slaves despite the fact that, as evidenced by their partiacipation in FaceBook, and their apt facility for video games, none of them seem to be computer illiterate. What they need is motivation instead of the rationalization that excuses their aversion to education. Bad schools also have to share the blame for this dire situation. But your solution is to ignore all of this and criticize those who lament it.

And your determination to prove to me that I have an idealized image of the 1950s continues. But I can tell you that back in the 50s getting your high school diploma was a priority of all black folks. And - what you never explain in your skepticism about my claims, is your own situation. You never suffered any of the hardships you insist were rampant during the late 50s and 60s. You instead start lecturing about St Louis being the "South", which has nothing to do with the fact that YOU apparently got a good education, weren't subjected to "whites only" public facitilties, didn't sit in the back of the bus, or go to segregated schools, and weren't the victim of hooded night riders. Puleeze.

Chris your reaction to the current situation, which I've seen coming over the last 20 years, is... well, interesting.

Part of the problem Chris is that the schools are not teaching vocational skills either. You'll always need plummers, carpenters, car mechanics, cooks, etc, but even those skills, increasingly, require skills historically provided by a good secondary education.

For a number of complicated reasons men, in general, and Black men in particular are not fairing well in the pubic school system.