WANTED: A GRAMMAR/PLAGIARISM DETECTOR WEBSITE

I used to used the free version  Grammarly, but it got in my way.  Cynique may feel I should go back to using it, but the additional overhead was not worth it to me. Is the grammar checker that comes with your word process in adequate?

As far as checking for plagiarism I was not aware that grammarly did that.  Maybe you get that feature with the fee based version.  When I feel the need to check for plagiarism I just run a Google search against a string of the questionable text in double quotes. But if you are a teacher that needs to check an entire class' papers there is of course software available but I can't recommend any.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Troy said:

When I feel the need to check for plagiarism I just run a Google search against a string of the questionable text in double quotes.

Great Minds think alike... I did that too.   Troy, I write so much I forget what I've written and what are notes from a text I wrote something last year, but I forgot that I had written it .   I needed to check if it was my prose or something I heard.  

I used the free version of grammarly last night -  and had to correct my  content  for what felt like 50 times.  I finally got an "A"  but  I can't do that for a manuscript - it would be too time-consuming.  Grammarly is superior and its features such a checking for plagiarized documents is stellar.  -Still,  I'm very serious about patronizing members of our community before I go outside. 

Try Huria Search you might get lucky there.  It queries over 300 black websites maybe one of the newspapers may  have written an article on the type of business you need. There are a few sites that provide lists of Black owned business but I've already went through those most of the business crafts, clothing, oils and the like.

I've been talking to many more people lately who are serious about doing business with Black owned businesses.  Indeed, one Brother I spoke with on Friday has written a book on the subject.  I'll share it when I get the information.  But it feels like supporting Black business is becoming part of the zeitgeist, and important part of Black social consciousness.  

I actually know people who refuse to do business with Amazon!  That is serious stuff and if enough people do the same we can have a real impact.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Troy said:

That is serious stuff and if enough people do the same we can have a real impact.

We have to create the habit... When I saw the monthly subscription fee, a bell went off.   Since it wasn't "free" I was able to consider the cost and then decide where I'd like to spend my money.