What It Feels Like To Be A Black Man In Australia

"...as a Black-American in Australia, we’re viewed as exotic. We have an “accent,” we dress different, and we carry ourselves in a different manner that makes us stand out. So, to no surprise, we’re very well received here." Read the full article.

The above was one of main selling points. All you have to do is move to a diffetent region of the country to reap that "benefit." At anyrate, it wasn't a compelling argument to move there.

@Del did any of this reasonate?

13 hours ago, Delano said:

...but there is a growing tide of racism. 

I'm beginning to think this is a global phenomenon, maybe even part of human nature.  Even in all Black country people find not shortage of ways to hate each other; skin color, tribe, religion, gender, and on.

Technology has enabled racism spread faster.

They say the grass in greener on the other side.....lol.

In the United States I haven't found a huge difference in the way Caucasians and other races behave and treat AfroAmericans regardless of region. Perhaps in the South Caucasians are a LITTLE more respectful because we are the majority population down there, other than that it's not a huge difference.

In Canada and Europe I HAVE seen a major difference in how AfroAmericans are treated, especially AfroAmerican men. It was much easier getting women in Canada and Europe than in the United States. Infact, in most cases it was effortless because as soon as they heard you speak they were attracted to you and came (no pun intended) to you!

Troy

Technology has enabled racism spread faster.

I think you're right.
The PERCEIVED anonymity of being on-line has emboldened a lot more people to not only express the truth of how they really feel but also seek out the company of others who feel the same way.
It looks to me that that the racism among young Caucasian men under 30 seems to be bolder and more striking than even the racism of their fathers. If you get on an elevator with an older White man atleast he'll smile and perhaps try to strike up a conversation......a younger White man usually won't even look at you directly but will stare out of the corner of his eye, won't say a word, and won't crack a smile. You can only wonder what he's chatting about with his friends online.