Some Reacted to 2020 by Purchasing a Gun Others buy Purchasing Books

Why One Kentucky Man Joined the 2020 Gun-Buying Boom (SPECTRUM NEWS)

"Like Fisher (pictured below), many Americans bought a gun for the first time in 2020, a year that set the record for gun sales when it was only nine months old. By the start of December, Americans had purchased more than 20 million firearms, well ahead of the 2016 record of 16.6 million, according to the firm Small Arms Analytics & Forecastings (SAAF)." 

2020 will be a record year in book sales for AALBC. In fact we hit our annual record by July.  Why do some people react to the events on 2020 by arming themselves with a weapon and others with knowledge?  Humans are a curious bunch indeed...

gun buyer.jpg

@Stefan history and experience tell me the interest in "anti-racism" book will end.  It is the nature of the book business. Something hits, the market is flooded with more of the same, people get tired, demands plummets, and it is on to the next thing...

@Delano I guess that is why more money is spend on weapons than books.  Fewer people are going to college...

It is not only that fewer people are going to college. It's that fewer people even bother to read.

We are in an era of Dumbness where accuracy, knowledge and explanation tend to be ridiculed by those who are insecure. You can see the personality of a Donald Trump (I'm the smartest man in the room) in many men, regardless of their race or background. 

No one wants to fact check. No one wants to do any research. All the silly want to do is attack, attack and attack. It's as if someone who's well informed bothers them so much, their stomach starts to hurt. 

No disrespect to you 3 who somehow managed to make it through the maze of Western education, however I think that UNLESS they are going into the medical or engineering fields.....fewer AfroAmericans going to college/university is actually a GOOD thing.

Because it means less indoctrination to further confuse an already confused people.

It is difficult to obtain a well-paying job with benefits without a college degree.

One can learn a trade in a profession that is necessary for a society to function, such as plumbing or electrical work. But some type of education will always be required.

The less knowledge and experience an individual has, the more likely it is for them to be indoctrinated. Not the other way around. 

Learning different college level subjects defeats Ignorance. 

On 12/19/2020 at 8:47 AM, Pioneer1 said:

fewer AfroAmericans going to college/university is actually a GOOD thing.

In some cases perhaps, but in most cases I suspect there is a net benefit.

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

The less knowledge and experience an individual has, the more likely it is for them to be indoctrinated

Absolutely.  Only on with little knowledge and experience would refute this.

• Thanks 1