Beyonce Has Gone Totally White

Unfortunately, they have been whitening black folks for a long time:

Nat King Cole was dark:

The story of Nat King Cole and his racist neighbours | The Independent |  The Independent

Most famously, there was the King of Pop:

image.jpeg.ad3f42edf8256463f9e384521bc2e055.jpeg

So, I'm not surprised Mrs. Beyonce Knowles-Carter has received the whitening treatment. 

I think it's unfortunate that in 2021, some black folks are still selling out. 😎

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Unfortunately, they have been whitening black folks for a long time:

Nat King Cole was dark:

Most famously, there was the King of Pop:

So, I'm not surprised Mrs. Beyonce Knowles-Carter has received the whitening treatment. 

I think it's unfortunate that in 2021, some black folks are still selling out. 😎

************************************************************************************

@ProfD

That's great info.

Of course they lightened NKC, they were trying to sell him to a white audience.

I think Beyoncé might be trying to morph herself into Becky with the Good Hair.

************************************************************************************

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

Of course they lightened NKC, they were trying to sell him to a white audience.

I think Beyoncé might be trying to morph herself into Becky with the Good Hair.

it is amusing and sad to see the transformation entertainers will go through in order to sell themselves.

Fake hair, eyelashes, butts, breasts, dental implants, tanning and bleaching, etc.

Yet, Father Time remains undefeated.  When it catches up, there's no fix.  They're all going to shrivel up.😁😎

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ProfD said:

it is amusing and sad to see the transformation entertainers will go through in order to sell themselves.

Fake hair, eyelashes, butts, breasts, dental implants, tanning and bleaching, etc.

Yet, Father Time remains undefeated.  When it catches up, there's no fix.  They're all going to shrivel up.😁😎

@ProfD

I can understand Nat King Cole, and the other actors of that era, needing to 

appease the white audience by applying skin lightening makeup for film.

But someone like Beyoncé, I don't get it.  Aren't her and Jay-Z bazillionaires?

Why would she try to lighten herself so drastically.  

I know that she lightened herself when she was in the girl group, so that she 

could stand out as the star, but why is she doing it now.

She is setting a horrible example for Black women and girls.

🤨  "gone" totally White?

There girl has ALREADY been pretty much White for the past 15 years or so with that nearly White skin and blonde hair hanging all over the place.

Look like the same old nearly White Beyonce to me.

This is one of the reasons I'm opposed to the "one drop" rule.
It's too easy for half and even nearly White people to rise to the top of the community and benefit from their phenotype while at the same time CLAIMING to be "Black".

In Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia and other urban areas you'll find entire communities of light-skinned AfroAmericans marrying, reproducing, and associating among eahcother formulating a little caste-like structure among themselves.

In the 60s, 70s, and 80s the Black Power movement kind of broke up MOST of it.

When I was a kid you almost never saw two light skinned people together as a couple.  If the man was light..he was looking for a dark skinned woman to chill with.
If the woman was light...she HAD to have a Wesley Snipes type brother to get down with...lol

Wesley Snipes moving on from Blade | Fox News

"If I go down...I'm taking other
mofo's with me!"

"

But after the 90s...that "paper bag" shit started rising again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

🤨  "gone" totally White?

There girl has ALREADY been pretty much White for the past 15 years or so with that nearly White skin and blonde hair hanging all over the place.

Look like the same old nearly White Beyonce to me.

13 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I'm guessing 2 billion is better than 1.😁😎

@Pioneer1

You are correct, she has been lightening herself up for several

years, but she's really bright in this Tiffany commercial.

It looks like a combination of makeup, lighting and Photoshop.

@ProfD

Two checks are better than one, that's for sure.

At what point will these two have enough wealth to stop 

their money grubbing ways.

What I don't like is that she's being promoted as a role model for "Black girls" and she's not even Black.

Not only have I've heard numerous races talk about how unattractive Black people are and then point to Beyonce as an exception to the rule.....it's is crazy as hell, but understandable.

But I've also gotten into arguments with silly Negroes who use Beyonce as a standard of "Black beauty".

It's so frustrating to see other Black people promote non-Black or non-Black looking people as success symbols of Blackness.
They seem to have little idea of how psychologically damaging it is to do so.

• Like 1

ProfD

AfroAmericans should never let others define our beauty

Absolutely

However, to keep it real...I have to take exception to Nina.

For some reason I found her a bit too masculine for my tastes.
Voice all deep.
Kind of angry or tough in demeanor.

When I think of deep dark chocolate Black beauty, I think of........

220 Lauryn hill ideas | lauryn hill, lauren hill, black beauties

Lauryn Hill

Lupita Nyong'o on myCast - Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories

Lupita Nyong'o

220 Viola! ideas | viola davis, black beauties, black actresses

Viola Davis

Soft feminine Black beauty.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

However, to keep it real...I have to take exception to Nina.

For some reason I found her a bit too masculine for my tastes.
Voice all deep.
Kind of angry or tough in demeanor.

When I think of deep dark chocolate Black beauty, I think of........

Lauryn Hill
Lupita Nyong'o

Viola Davis

Point taken regarding Nina Simone.  Everything about her beauty (look, voice, demeanor, etc.) is appreciated by a man who's totally secure in his own masculinity.

To me, the women listed are extremely beautiful too and to varying degrees, I believe they could potentially give off that Nina vibe as well.  Especially Lauryn and Viola. 

Of the 3, I'd choose Viola Davis every time and twice on Sunday. 

I wanted to beat my man Denzel Washington azz aka Troy in Fences the way he had my girl Viola snotting and crying and sh8t. 😁 

Viola was gangsta in Widows so I didn't have to f8ck Liam Neeson up. 😁 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ProfD

I wanted to beat my man Denzel Washington azz aka Troy in Fences the way he had my girl Viola snotting and crying and sh8t.

Man Fences was an EXCELLENT movie.
One of the best Black movies I've seen in a while.

But as I tell the younger cats, you have to be over a certain age to really appreciate it.

I think you'd have to be born before 1975 and grew up in atleast a somewhat urban environment to HALF WAY understand the movie and what it was about.

I saw things in that movie that reminded me so much of what I saw in my childhood growing up in a working-class Black neighborhood.
Fences CAPTURED it excellently

And the weird thing for me is Denzel actually DIRECTED it.
He's a pretty good director.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 4:53 PM, Mzuri said:

Two checks are better than one, that's for sure.

At what point will these two have enough wealth to stop 

their money grubbing ways.

As long as they are relevant, the money will contine to flow.  To a certain extent, it's out of their hands.  The public has to decide if/when they're tired of enriching them. 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

As long as they are relevant, the money will contine to flow.  To a certain extent, it's out of their hands.  The public has to decide if/when they're tired of enriching them. 😎

If I had all their money I'd be trying to live off the interest and dividends.

I wouldn't be doing much of anything.

I'd just be kicked back chillin'.  

That is all.

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

If I had all their money I'd be trying to live off the interest and dividends.

I wouldn't be doing much of anything.

I'd just be kicked back chillin'.  

That is all.

Unless they decide to retire from the entertainment business, there's no telling when the bosses are going to let them chill and live off interest and dividends. 

image.png.291401857bb58615c680453a1184cbfc.png

Excuse me Mrs. Queen Bey, where's that gotd8mn album you owe me to fulfill your contract.😁😎

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, ProfD said:

I think it's unfortunate that in 2021, some black folks are still selling out.

white-bey.jpgThere has never been a shortage of celebrities, not just Black ones, willing to do anything to maximize their wealth. 

Is there any record of a Black person, in entertainment, who sought to darken their skin, or are they always trying to lighten it.

We know white women have been known to seek to darken their skin.

I don't Bey is "selling out" as in selling out Black people.  I think she is an A-list celebrity and is behaving like one.  Try to shoe horn our senilities on to her in an effort to understand her motivation is a futile exercise.

I know I liked when i skin got tanned in the summer, in fact I prefer my darker completed self.  It was a running joke in my family that I believe my skin color is really darker than it is 😉   I always said my Nubianess is coming out as my skin darkened in the summer.  In Florida I was able to keep my Nubianess all year long 🙂

On 10/20/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mzuri said:

But someone like Beyoncé, I don't get it.  Aren't her and Jay-Z bazillionaires?

Why would she try to lighten herself so drastically.  

That is why we are not bazillionaire.  The Carters not only know what to do to get super rich thet are willing to do it.   

On 10/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, ProfD said:

Everything about her beauty (look, voice, demeanor, etc.) is appreciated by a man who's totally secure in his own masculinity.

Right on!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Troy said:

There has never been a shortage of celebrities, not just Black ones, willing to do anything to maximize their wealth. 

That is why we are not bazillionaire.  The Carters not only know what to do to get super rich thet are willing to do it.   

Celebrities are super rich.  They are not wealthy. 

The Carters have rapped and sang and danced their way into a huge bag of money.  No doubt about it.  But, they didn't have to lighten up in order to get it.

The beauty of Hip-Hop music is that it was street.  Folks didn't have to sell out in order to get paid from it. 

Jay-Z could be himself and make it based on his gfit for lyrical wordplay.  In fact, he still hasn't changed much.  I don't see him becoming white.  He hasn't gotten a lip reduction either.

OTOH, Jay-Z's wife has fallen into the entertainment trap. She too made a fortune prior to this latest round of whitening. But, there are folks in her ear leading her to believe "darling, this makeover will be beautiful".  I don't think she's whitening on purpose.

Between the rise of Hip-Hop and fall of the King of Pop, I thought black folks would learn and understand that they could be unapologetically black and successful at the same time.  It worked from the late 1980s through early 2000s. 

For the most part, many black entertainers are staying true to themselves.  Lizzo hasn't become bulimic or aneroxic and/or whitened herself...yet. 😁😎

• Like 1

Yeah, there is a big difference between WEALTH and RICHES.

Riches are strictly financial.

Wealth involves POWER and INFLUENCE to go along with the money.

Chris Rock said:

Chris Rock Hits the Road, Could Become Latest Thorn in Trump's Side

"Michael Jordan is rich.
The White man who signs his
paycheck is wealthy!"

There are a lot of RICH Black folks, but not too many are WEALTHY.

If you're just rich....you got a lot of money in the bank.
But if you have your own lawyer, own several businesses, and know the mayor and a few judges on a first name basis and routinely have lunch with them....now you're WEALTHY. 

• Like 1