AALBC to Publish Kalisha Buckhanon’s Next Novel - March 16, 2022

AALBC Things Past Telling

From Sheila Williams, the author of The Secret Women, comes Things Past Telling, a remarkable epic that charts one unforgettable woman’s journey in a breathtaking novel that combines the epic romance and adventure of Outlander, the sweeping drama of Roots, and the haunting historical power of Barracoon. Buy Now ▶

running-to-fall

I’m pleased to tell you AALBC will be publishing, Running to Fall (AALBC, Sep 6, 2022), the follow-up to Kalisha Buckhanon’s critically acclaimed novel, Speaking of Summer!

“My gratitude and forever ‘Black Power’ fist to great literary friend Troy Johnson and his legendary AALBC.com, which I dreamed of being listed on when I was just a college English major, for picking up this novel as one the historic AALBC would take a chance to publish in America. Being the first Black writer and novel African-American Literature Book Club publishes actively is an honor and highlight of my career I am filled with pride and joy for.”
—Kalisha Buckhanon

kalisha-200

Kalisha Buckhanon is the AALBC bestselling author of, Upstate, which won the 2006 American Library Association ALEX Award and was nominated for a 2006 Zora Neale Hurston/Richard Wright Foundation Legacy Award in Debut Fiction.

Her novel, Speaking of Summer, was described as “An absolutely riveting thriller” by Cosmopolitan. Shondaland wrote, “This book packs a punch, so buckle in.” O: The Oprah Magazine said, “This mysterious novel is well worth the wait.” Running to Fall promises to continue the trend. Read an excerpt here ▶

builderandbackers

20 Tulsa Entrepreneurs Begin National Accelerator Program to Turn Ideas into Reality

I worked on AALBC, from my home office, in relative isolation for years. The pandemic, surprisingly enough, has been a period in which I have connected with so many other entrepreneurs and entities who are supportive of entrepreneurs. One such entity is Builders + Backers. Builders + Backers has helped me look at my business with fresh eyes, see the potential of AALBC, and provide funds to help me realize that potential.

Troy-D-Johnson-AALBC-Founder-2020-news

Dear Reader,

I’m super excited and honored for the opportunity to publish Kalisha’s new novel. She has always been supportive of AALBC. AALBC is fueled by our community. There is no way I could have run this site for 25 years without help. There is a lot of work ahead, but the future looks bright.

Always remember Reader, you are part of the help that keeps AALBC growing. Your paid subscriptions, book purchases, suggestions, engagement on the site, commenting, social sharing, and advertisements help support AALBC’s mission.

Peace and Love,
Troy Johnson
Founder & Webmaster, AALBC.com

This message is sponsored by Amistad.
Consider sponsoring our eNewsletter or a dedicated email.
★ AALBC.com eNewsletter – March 16, 2022 - Issue #354

• Troy changed the title to AALBC to Publish Kalisha Buckhanon’s Next Novel - March 16, 2022