Tribal people from India try Soul Food for the first time.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who doesn't eat dairy in the winter!   They are hilarious but no lies detected.  Belly is full but no nutrients.  And yes, I can cook my a - off but I know that food is bad for the heart.  Even though it's good for the soul. 

9 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

And yes, I can cook my a - off but I know that food is bad for the heart.  Even though it's good for the soul. 

Same here. I love to cook as well. Moderation is the key when it comes to eating it. 😁😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProfD said:

Moderation is the key when it comes to eating it.

I've been on a weight-loss diet since puberty - so yes, exactly!  Moderation is the key!

But here's something else I've learned.  Movement. A lot of us forget to move when we get older.   I'm not talking about exercising for 30- 60 minutes a day, although that is good too. But I mean getting up and moving every hour for at least 9-10 hours a day.  I jog for 3.30 minutes every hour. And I don't eat after 6 PM.  Well, at least 6 days a week.  

Ok back on topic: - I'll eat soul food (poultry/ fish, greens, oats and corn meal, but I've cut back on wheat.  Baked macaroni for holiday meals. But no peach cobbler, ever. 😎 

8 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I've been on a weight-loss diet since puberty - so yes, exactly! 

Movement. A lot of us forget to move when we get older. 

Yep. I've been on a see food diet for as long as I can remember. I see food and I eat it. 🤣

Great advice regarding movement. It's harder for the bad fat to stick if it gets burned up regularly. 😎

• Like 1