Researchers: Many Bitcoin fans are psychopaths and narcissists

This is sure going to upset a lot of folks. 

A study from Australia's Queensland of Technology has found that the average Bitcoin enthusiast is a calculating psychopath with an inflated ego.

Now, I wouldn't go that far. But I would definitely say some don't seem to care about the well being of other Blacks and enjoy disparaging those who defend our people who still struggle. And most do get dressed in the morning.

I guess this explains on the part of some, their fascination with Donald Trump and belief this proven racist is a really great guy, owns the stairway to heaven, the escalator and probably the high speed elevator, too.

Ah, but don't take it from me.

A recent survey of more than 500 people studied the personality traits most common among crypto enthusiasts discovered that many cryptocurrency investors exhibit signs of the “dark tetrad." This is a group of four unsavory traits made up of narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy and sadism. Sadism? Whaaaaaat?

Knowing this, I will ever be able eat creamed asparagus sprinkled with peanut brittle and purple-colored corn flakes for lunch ever again.

In plain English, that means dark tetrads have an inflated sense of self-importance and derive pleasure from the pain of others, according to some White dude who works at The Sun, which is owned by Fox News' Rupert Murdoch, another White dude who rails against being "woke." Probably because the 89-year old soon won't be.

I know. That was cruel. And I'm no fan of Bitcoin. Or any cryptocurrency or even a crypt. So I can't be a sadist. Or a bitcoin.

And one thing about Aussies. They know how to be sadists. Ask the original residents of Australia.

Still, I think this look see at a relatively small number of folks who appear hellbent on ignoring truth, justice and centuries of the American way in favor of future riches kinda proves what I've always suspected about some Bitcoin cheerleaders on here. A few have blinders on when it comes to viewing how Blacks are actually treated from sea to shining sea.

Here, read it for yourself:  Many Bitcoin fans are psychopaths and narcissists

Under normal circumstances I would have ignored this article as the title is the very definition of click bait.  One as to ask what is the purpose of the article?

Your replace the words "Bitcoin Fans" with any group of people and it would still be an arguably true statement -- even with out data, as we already know "many" people in the population as a whole are 'psychopaths and narcissists." 

Again what is the point of the article?  Do we know any more now that we did before reading it?   I mean there were no percentages or comparison to the norm. 

As far as I can tell the article was created purely to drive traffic to the site to server ads and collect more of our data.

The Financial Times, who owns the website is generally considered to be a reputable source, but their website give me cause for concern about the state of journalism on a global level.

Troy, 

Several publications ran this news story. And it is a legitimate news story. Though one that is completely slanted. 

I just added my own humor.

Right at the beginning, I said "this is going to upset a lot of people." I also noted that the study's conclusions are a bit harsh.

But it dovetails exactly what I think about certain ones on this forum who are obsessed with promoting cryptocurrency, which you yourself noted, is volatile, prone to thieves and will remain so until it is regulated.

Again, I had no idea this discussion forum had morphed into a Conservative echo chamber where incessant attacks against Black people were permitted, but not pushback. 

Once you labeled me a troll because I asked if I could post my own memes. Then in a discussion about education, you found out we went to the same high school. Your attitude changed a bit.

I'm no troll. And this is your Website. You finance it. And I certainly agree with your right to impose censorship.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with it, I enjoy reading differing points of view.  Especially when it's ridiculous enough to make me laugh.😁

Also, I haven't seen where @Troy has been heavy-handed in censorship.  The forum works just fine from my armchair. 😎

@ProfD

I did not say Troy was heavy handed in censorship. I said that Troy COULD impose censorship if he wanted.

And I would not disagree with his right to do so. This is his Website. 

I've been a thorn in the side of the Right Wing since 1972. And I've been making fun of Republicans since forever. And even Trump fans have laughed at my memes of him. Lord Dampnut is an easy dude to poke fun of. 

I was a moderator of two Black-issue Facebook groups. The biggest problem I and other mods had was trying to tone down the anti-White vehemence, the incessant attacks on Black Women, how they should dress, wear their hair and how they should behave. Anti-Christian hate was always present and there was a serious problem of duplicate posts.

It was always difficult trying to make some understand that just because Barack Obama was in the White House, that did not mean racism was over, $1 million reparation checks were on their way and everybody Black would make $100,000 a year. Some individuals just have unreasonable goals, ignore reality blame or someone else for their failures. 

I didn't delete or ban anything or anyone. I could care less what a person thought. Unless it was duplicate post. Or someone just bent on trolling. 

But this is not my Website. I just post here. 

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

I did not say Troy was heavy handed in censorship. I said that Troy COULD impose censorship if he wanted.

I was making a general observation. I was not implying you felt he was heavy-handed in censorship.  😎

@Stefan, regarding censorship, I’ll simply let my record dial for it self. Despite your comment, have i ever censored anything you’ve posted? Are you aware of me censoring anyone else?

How can the forum be an echo  chamber chamber where the Trump supporters, whose opinions i welcome, are continually challenged and even ridiculed by others?

Technically this is my website as i pay the bills and maintain the site. But this is indeed “yours ” in the way that it matters most; your posts make it yours. 

The decisions people make in what, or what not, to post make the site what it is. This forum has changed many times over the 25 years it has been on line. I do not control that we do that collectively.

the forum belongs to all of us. 

i can’t have a discussion forum by myself.   Sadly we take more “ownership” of social media groups when ownership is actually far from possible. — the moderators don’t make the rules and have no control over who is booted—including themselves.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:56 AM, Stefan said:

I did not say you censor anything. I said you could, if you wanted to. 

So why bother raising as an issue? I can do a lot of things, why introduce something that is so highlight ly unlikely to support your point?

On 4/17/2022 at 1:56 AM, Stefan said:

And this forum HAS become a Right Wing echo chamber. That is my opinion. 

Why capitalize the word “has?” Is that to emphasize it as a statement of fact? It is disingenuous to then follow that statement up with “that is my opinion.”

Of course it is your opinion, and I’m glad you shared it. 

18 hours ago, Troy said:

Technically this is my website as i pay the bills and maintain the site. But this is indeed “yours ” in the way that it matters most; your posts make it yours. 

the forum belongs to all of us. 

Thank you for providing this space for black discussion.  I most definitely appreciate it.😎

• Thanks 1

I appreciate it, too. 

But I abhor those who dismiss the suffering of Black people and others or jump to the defense of Trump for whatever reasons they prefer to trot out.

I was stunned by the hysterical rants from Mzuri who seemed to have it in for Cardi B and anyone else who disagreed. I am aware Cardi B has said some things that raised eyebrows. But people say all sorts of things to garner attention, start a controversy or to make money. Just as GOP's Sen. Ted Cruz did when he attacked newly confirmed Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson during a Senate hearing and then checked his phone to see if he was trending on Twitter.

(By the way, Tashsa K, the YouTube blogger who constantly lied to malign the Dominican entertainer, faces jail time and a $50,000 fine for refusing a federal judge's order to remove the offending content. This is after all parties mutually agreed to the move. The blogger is still on the hook for $1. 25 million she owes after losing a defamation lawsuit).

I don't know if he's still waging war on his "Battlefield of Life," but Nels' nonsensical, anti-Black screeds surprised me on a forum where most tended to celebrated Black Achievement or engaged in thoughtful discussion. But Nels is another who thinks Trump can do no wrong. Black People can practically accomplish anything if given a chance, the same resources and opportunities Whites have.

So, I'm not surprised many on here both think Trump and Republicans are the answer. However, the majority of Black people in this country feel differently. 

And neither party has a lock on morality. Both have corrupt members and alleged criminals and of course, quite a few that have been convicted. There are those on here who deny racism, White Supremacy, the loss of our Voting Rights, not to mention the huge disparity in Income, Education, Health and Mental Health Care. 

I will never agree with politicians who believe in handing over billions in tax cuts to the wealthy while Black, Latino and other disadvantaged children have to make do with subpar cafeteria food, old textbooks and unheated and less than ideal school buildings. This is still going on while Republicans gleefully ban books written by Blacks because they don't know what heck CRT is.

The Governor of Texas sits in a wheelchair. But had the audacity to slash funding for disabled children's therapy to pay for tax cuts for property owners in 2017. Another example of Compassionate Conservatism. 

Defend all that? You're echoing Right Wingers. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

Defend all that? You're echoing Right Wingers. 

“Defend” If by that you mean allow the opinions to be posted… well I’m guilty as charged.

However, if I did not allow the opinions to be posted then people like you would not be able to tear the arguments apart for all to see.

Sometimes the posters expose themselves with the lunacy of their

own words, other times it is not so simple.

For example,  i never brought into the notion that Trump is dumb; (not saying this is your argument) objectively the man is not “dumb.” However when one uses that argument, cavalierly dismissing his arguments, and more importantly his supporters one misses a great deal of insight on how they think.

Again i welcome the arguments of Black Trump supporters.  It helps me understand our people. Which is why i maintain the entire website.

i have books here by the likes of Candice Owens and there is every little i like about her. She is however skilled with words and making believe people like her don’t exist, or worse under estimating their impact, is a mistake — as Mark Lamont hill did fitting her interview of him: 

On 4/13/2022 at 6:42 AM, Stefan said:

But I would definitely say some don't seem to care about the well being of other Blacks

Say what?

Anti-American globalists and both domestic and foreign control freaks hate Bitcoin with a vengeance and they are desperately trying to undermine Bitcoin so they can control the digital currency market forever. It has absolutely nothing to do with black America, race, or any of that other nonsense.

https://www.bitcoin-trader.org/news/447317/peter-thiel-tags-warren-buffett-jamie-dimon-larry-fink-bitcoin-enemies-bitcoin-2022

http://www.tintuc97.com/2022/04/peter-thiel-calls-warren-buffett-jamie.html

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/peter-thiel-warren-buffett-bitcoin-price-crypto-keynote-miami-2022-4?op=1

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/peter-thiel-warren-buffett-crypto

https://stocksmarket.in/402356/2022/04/08/key-words-peter-thiel-calls-warren-buffett-jamie-dimon-and-larry-fink-a-finance-gerontocracy-and-enemies-of-bitcoin/

https://crypto24hnews.com/article/peter-thiel-calls-warren-buffett-bin18049