by Octavia Butler
- A Top 10 Book in the “Science Fiction Books” Category
- Voted #15 of the Top 100 Books of the 20th Century
- 7 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Selected for 3 Book Clubs’s Reading Lists
- A QBR 100 Essential Black Book
Publication Date: Feb 01, 2004
List Price: $16.00
Format: Paperback, 288 pages
Imprint: Beacon Press
Publisher: Beacon Press
Parent Company: Unitarian Universalist Association
Borrow from Library
Dana, a modern black woman, is celebrating her twenty-sixth birthday with her new husband when she is snatched abruptly from her home in California and transported to the antebellum South. Rufus, the white son of a plantation owner, is drowning, and Dana has been summoned to save him. Dana is drawn back repeatedly through time to the slave quarters, and each time the stay grows longer, more arduous, and more dangerous until it is uncertain whether or not Dana’s life will end, long before it has a chance to begin.