Such A Sad Story.......

Body of missing Florida 2-year-old found in alligator's mouth

The boy’s father is being charged  with murder. The 2-year-old was discovered missing after police found his mother slain in her apartment.

A missing Florida 2-year-old whose mother was discovered slain in her apartment was found Friday in the jaws of an alligator, St. Petersburg police said.

The child’s father has been charged with murder.

A detective shot and killed the alligator, Police Chief Anthony Holloway said.

“We didn’t want to find him this way, but at least we can bring some closure to that family now,” Holloway said at a news conference.

Taylen Mosley had been missing since Thursday, when his mother Pashun Jeffery, 20, was found killed in her apartment, police have said.

Taylen Mosley Taylen MosleySt. Petersburg Police Department via Facebook

She had been stabbed multiple times, Holloway said Friday.

The child’s father, Thomas Mosley, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, the police chief said.

The child was found near Dell Holmes Park, which is close to Lake Maggiore, almost 10 miles from his mother's apartment, Holloway said.

Family members saw Jeffery and her child Wednesday, and on Thursday, they asked an apartment manager to check when they couldn’t reach her, police have said.

The boy's cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner, Holloway said.

Thomas Mosley checked himself into a hospital and had cuts on his arms and hands, Holloway said, and he remained hospitalized Friday. He did not speak to detectives and requested a lawyer, according to the police chief.

Online case information did not appear to be available Friday night, and it was not clear if Mosley had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

A search for the boy included dogs, a drone, and federal and state law enforcement agencies. An Amber Alert had also been issued for him. 

Body of missing Florida 2-year-old found in alligator's mouth (nbcnews.com)

St. Pete mother stabbed over 100 times before toddler thrown in lake: affidavit

Story by Nathaniel Rodriguez  Yesterday 2:51 PM

• ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The father accused of murdering his 2-year-old son and his mother has been booked into the Pinellas County Jail.

Thomas Mosley, 21, was charged with the murder of Pashun Jeffrey, 20, and her 2-year-old son Taylen Mosley after Taylen’s body was found in the mouth of an alligator Friday, according to police.

Mosley was accused of killing Jeffrey after celebrating his birthday at her apartment, according to newly-released arrest affidavits from the St. Petersburg Police Department. Jeffrey and Taylen were last seen alive at 5:15 p.m., when the last of Jeffrey’s family members left her alone with Mosley.

Police said Mosley was unaccounted for until 9:03 p.m., when he showed up at his mother’s house with gashes on his hands and arms, “consistent with injuries caused by slippage during a knife attack.” He admitted himself into St. Anthony’s Hospital to treat his wounds.

Jeffrey’s body was discovered at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, after her family asked apartment staff to do a welfare check on her after they spotted blood on the sidewalk. The young mother was found on her bathroom floor with over 100 stab wounds, the affidavit said.

Thomas Mosley (Credit: Pinellas County Jail)
Thomas Mosley (Credit: Pinellas County Jail)© Provided by WFLA Tampa

Investigators found a bloody fingerprint on a bottle of cleaning solution, which allegedly matched Mosley’s and was intentionally stashed under the bed, according to the affidavit. The affidavit said there was a bloody shoe print with the Gucci logo in the room where Jeffrey was found, but the redacted document did not specify how that is connected to the case.

Investigators determined Mosley left Jeffrey’s apartment at around 8:42 p.m. He allegedly brought Taylen to Lake Maggiore and either threw or placed him into the water, according to St. Pete police.

Mosley then went to his mother’s house, which was about 10 blocks away from the lake.

Taylen’s body was found the next day in the jaws of an alligator. Police euthanized the animal and recovered the child’s body.

According to Jeffrey’s family, she had just started living on her own while taking care of her son.

“This was her first month to have lived here and very happy to have a better place than what she had before,” said Theo Brickhouse-Sails, Jeffry’s great-aunt. “And for a 20-year-old, she was doing well. She wanted more out of life.”

“It is my condolences going out to the family and to his loved ones,” he said.

Thomas Mosley now faces two first-degree murder charges and remains in the Pinellas County Jail, as of this report. He has an appointed public defender and pled not guilty to those charges during a hearing Saturday morning. He is being held without bond and was ordered not to have any contact with Taylen nor Pashun’s families. On the affidavit, police indicated he may have mental health issues.

According to a GoFundMe started by Taylen’s maternal family, funeral arrangements are being made for the child and his mother.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WFLA.

St. Pete mother stabbed over 100 times before toddler thrown in lake: affidavit (msn.com)

This is such a sad story.
It's not the saddest I've heard, but for some reason when I read it last night.....it hit me.
Not sure why.
Thinking about that little boy and the sad situation he probably witnessed only to end up dead.😪

image.png

This is one of the reasons I constantly say the righteous among us need to unite and build our own communities instead of going our separate ways.
Being apart and doing your own thing doesn't always work in this society.

I don't know how he would have turned out as he got older, especially in the family situation he would have grew up in....but that little boy deserved a future.

A better future.

How many of our children have to grow up in these fucked up environments before the righteous and intelligent among us have had enough and are willing to build SOMETHING to provide an oasis for us in the midst of a chaotic society.

Mental illness is problem throughout American society.

Dysfunctional people exist for a number of reasons. A lot of it stems from environmental factors. 

I wish the Supreme Being kept certain people from having the ability to procreate. 

But, I guess seeing the worst of humanity is some kind of  lesson to the rest of us. 

A tighter community could possibly identify a potential human monster but I'm not so sure that it could prevent one. That monster would have to be contained or destroyed before it got out of hand.😎 

I'm a firm believer that as AfroAmericans, if left alone by other races....we would DEFINITELY work out our own problems and thrive successfully as a community!
Infact, I think we would be one of the most productive communities in the history of humanity....if left alone to do so.

The problem isn't just the monsters and those with mental illness among us.
Every community in humanity has those to deal with.
The problem is we have little CONTROL OVER the law enforcement of our community, from the laws, to the policing, to the sentencing, to the punishments.
Our community is pretty much at the mercy of the White men in charge and THEY too often have the final decision; which means the monsters and predators end up being released (if ever arrested in the first place) and sent back to the 'hood to cause more death and destruction.

Trust me, if we COMPLETELY controlled our own communities in the U.S.....you wouldn't hear about stories like this in the U.S.
Why not?

1. That couple would be married, or they wouldn't have a child together....one or the other.
2. That man would love his wife and son so much he wouldn't have thought of doing somethign so heinous to them.
3. And if his love wasn't enough to stop him, that man would have been in SO MUCH FEAR of the consequences coming to him from the other men of the community that he'd dare not commit such a crime.

Despite the laws of the land and waiting for  white folks to intervene, AfroAmericans could take matters into their own hands when it comes to 1) identifying problem people and 2) dealing with them. 

The 1st people to recognize a problem person are their parent(s).  Unfortunately, unlike the animal kingdom, human beings do not kill their offspring that show signs of mental and/or physical disabilities.

The 2nd people to recognize a problem person are family, friends and neighbors i.e. the community.

Instead of containing or neutralizing the threat, we normalize it and come up with sh8t like no snitching.

Mothers show up in court begging and pleading on behalf of their murderous offspring. They knew that n8gglet was a potential problem.

@Pioneer1, I know you have a vision of an autonomous utopian AfroAmerican community.

In order to bring a self-sufficient AfroAmerican community to fruition, there's a lot we can within the existing structure to start the process of  building it.

As always, the rising tide for AfroAmericans starts with strong and intelligent Black men. 😎

I'm not sure how strong the desire is at this point among our people to even build such a community.

I want it, but i don't know too many others who share that same dream.

Even most of the religions people, who sing and pray about how they can't wait until a "New Heaven and New Earth" is established....seem to REALLY be content with the world the way it is now. 

Yep. I'm fairly certain that Black folks worldwide are content with the status quo based on what I'm seeing from their actions and images.

Western culture has made it's way around the globe. Freedom, independence, autonomy and sovereignty are no longer priorities. 

AfroAmericans and Black folks in general are good with being able to do *some* of the same sh8t as white folks.😎

• Thanks 1