Does Mixed Race Marriage Produce Better Babies?

Jet Magazine, at least back in the mid-20th century, was good for crafting headlines would be considered click-bait today.  This headline It got my attention, not because I did not know the answer; I wanted to see how the magazine -- designed to appeal to the masses -- covered the issue back in 1953.  What do you think about the coverage?

jet1953.jpg

a.jpg

a1.jpga3.jpga4.jpga5.jpga6.jpg

To the coverage, it is very gentle. I wonder how many whites read Jet? Cause while the article comes to the conclusion that babies from interracial relationships are not any better than babies from monoracial relationships, it speaks to interracial relationships themselves very congenially. Speaking of Booker T washington/Frederick Douglass/The Dumas's or other you will think all or most interracial relationships were positive, not rapes or one sided. It also doesn't state a difference between being born from two who don't have the same phentoypical range of skin or being born from parents of the same phenotypical range while one's skin is between the range labeled black and the other range labeled white. It was unwilling to embrace the complexities of race.