One Reason I Celebrate the U.S. over a lot of these other nations....

Look at this madness.........

Black Tunisians lie low as violence against Black people worsens (msn.com)

That's what happens when you ascribe to the "race doesn't exist" theory.
Or claim that religion and culture takes the place of race or erases it....when we KNOW it doesn't.

If you pay attention, this is the exact same thing they're doing on the OTHER side of the globe in the Dominican Republic.
Persecuting and chasing the Black and dark skinned people out of the cities and into the woods and wilderness.

And just like the light skinned Dominicans CLAIM it's not based on race but that they're really going after Haitians who are there illegally....the light skinned Tunisians are going after the dark skinned Tunisians and claiming THEY are "immigrants" and don't belong there either.

Problem is, they aren't taking time to separate the people and find out who belongs there and who doesn't....they're going by what the people LOOK like.

Racists are just using it as an opportunity to rid their society of the Black and darker people.

You can take on whatever religion you want and call yourself whatever you want but at the end of the day....if you're Black....chances are other non-Black groups will SEE you as such and TREAT you as such.

One of the good things about the United States is that most AfroAmericans RECOGNIZE who we are and aren't fooled by that "we're all the same" garbage.

Well, despite its dysfunction, America is my birthplace and *home*.  I celebrate the good and call out the bad.

Tunisia was conquered by Arabs 1,300 years ago. The Ottoman empire conquered and ran it for 300 years.  The French colonized it for 75 years.

Black folks have been a minority in Tunisia for 13 centuries. Migrants will fare worse.

But, I'm never surprised by the ethnic cleansing and colorism countries practice in order to further malign Black folks.

The question remains at what point will Black folks close ranks and *fight* for their *right* to exist on this planet in peace and prosperity. 

To date, Black folks all over the planet seem to be content with the status quo of trying to thrive and survive in prison of racism white supremacy. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:27 AM, ProfD said:

Well, despite its dysfunction, America is my birthplace and *home*.  I celebrate the good and call out the bad.

Tunisia was conquered by Arabs 1,300 years ago. The Ottoman empire conquered and ran it for 300 years.  The French colonized it for 75 years.

Black folks have been a minority in Tunisia for 13 centuries. Migrants will fare worse.

But, I'm never surprised by the ethnic cleansing and colorism countries practice in order to further malign Black folks.

The question remains at what point will Black folks close ranks and *fight* for their *right* to exist on this planet in peace and prosperity. 

To date, Black folks all over the planet seem to be content with the status quo of trying to thrive and survive in prison of racism white supremacy. 😎

Well said, as usual........

Although I don't have an answer to your (most likely rhetorical) question, I do have a RESPONSE:

Perhaps we shouldn't look for Black folks en mass to close ranks and fight, but expect for certain groups to protect themselves in the face of global racism.

When I started seeing THIS shit:

image.png.6faba7438ead4f878de36472f43c2474.png

I woke up, got off the couch, and put the day dreaming aside.

Now it's not so much about trying to unite ALL or even MOST Black folks, but uniting a CRITICAL MASS of intelligent Black people of like minds to establish and protect whatever community and environment we choose to focus our energies on.