What do you think of the other oppressed repeating Black DOS narratives?

Do black people complain too much, provide too many excuses?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do other oppressed groups/races/types , women<gender>/latinos<language>/muslims<religion> complain like blacks<phenotype>?

• yes
    • no

Many Black descended of enslaved complain that all black people do is complain, not enough action. But the articles linked at the end of this post, are complaints from two groups: one a gender race, the other a linguistic race, not the black phenotypical race.

What is my point? Black people in the usa and elsewhere tend to complain that we are the only ones who complain and everyone else are great do-ers, the two articles prove by the words of those in other communities, they are not do-ers. 

The articles are below if you want to read

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2390&type=status

Most oppressed groups of people complain about and/or provide excuses for their condition instead of taking action(s) to change it. 

Brown people labelled as terrorists seem to be the most active when it comes to fighting imperialism.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There ProfD goes again stealing my lines.......lol.

I was going to say that many other marginalized and oppressed groups DO speak out and complain but they do more than JUST complain.
They actually DO something about their mistreatment and use various methods to do so.

I personally don't believe that AfroAmericans complain ENOUGH.....and definitely don't DO enough and take enough ACTION to right the wrongs done to our people.

And often times, it's not so much the complaining but it's who you complain TO.

You have to take your grievances to the proper channels.

There was a lady I used to work with who would constantly come to ME complaining about a man who was sexually harassing her.
She'd complain to me about him over and over and over again and she'd also complain to other co-workers.
But who she DIDN'T complain to was the Human Resources Department or even to the Managers....just other co-workers.

Like Neely Fuller Jr. often says, a lot of Black people have a bad habit of picking up what DOESN'T work and focusing in on doing just that.
Find out something that clearly DOES NOT WORK.....and dive right into it and do it to death.
The sit back complaining about why their condition hasn't improved but has gotten worse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There ProfD goes again stealing my lines.......lol.

Oops homie.🤣

You're absolutely right about taking actions that actually work

That requires a plan:

1) Identify problem.  2) Come up with a solution.  3) Execute.

Of course, that level of discipline goes back to codification.😎

• Like 2

ProfD

Oh but yes......niccaz DO believe in codification!

They believe in codifying what DOESN'T work....lol.

If it works and everybody sees it working, these niccaz'll stop doing it for mysterious reasons still unknown.
But if it clearly DOES NOT work and has proven to be ineffective and a waste of energy and money, niccaz will plan a BLOCK PARTY around it and put some music to it.
JAM ON IT.

What DOESN'T work?

Getting high.
Cussing out and running from the police.
Selling dope that you know is a TRAP put out to get you incarcerated.

So what do niccaz do?
CODIFY these activities in their music and movies not only to "perfect" the art of rolling blunts and running from the police while getting shot in the back....but encourage FUTURE generations of youngsters coming up to do it.
Codification!

Gangsta Rap teaching you the smoothest way to "kill a nicca"...........CODIFICATION.

Trap Music on how to sell dope and typical activities at a dope house.....CODIFICATION.

Crip Walking and Blood Walking......CODIFICATION.

NO SNITCH policy....CODIFICATION

Learning how to roll up a blunt with one hand and smoke it while still driving....CODIFICATION.

Engaging in reckless and dysfunctional behavior and codifying it so that if other niccaz want to do it.....they can do wrong the RIGHT way, lol.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:02 PM, ProfD said:

Most oppressed groups of people complain about and/or provide excuses for their condition instead of taking action(s) to change it. 

Brown people labelled as terrorists seem to be the most active when it comes to fighting imperialism.😎

Ah! What an amazing observation! @ProfD

I had a delayed reaction to this point in that makes me think of how the Western viewpoint of the kind of brown people that do fight against things they don't like are negatively portrayed byway of negative propaganda, so therefore, this could be thought of by others as a way to make others afraid of taking any form of action.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, Pioneer1 said:

And often times, it's not so much the complaining but it's who you complain TO.

You have to take your grievances to the proper channels.

There was a lady I used to work with who would constantly come to ME complaining about a man who was sexually harassing her.
She'd complain to me about him over and over and over again and she'd also complain to other co-workers.
But who she DIDN'T complain to was the Human Resources Department or even to the Managers....just other co-workers.

Ah! But @Pioneer1 for some BLACK PEOPLE, sometimes complaining to HR or managers will absolutely get you fired or cause much more harrassment. 

I KNOW THIS ON A PERSONAL BASIS!

On 7/26/2023 at 11:44 AM, richardmurray said:

Many Black descended of enslaved complain that all black people do is complain, not enough action. But the articles linked at the end of this post, are complaints from two groups: one a gender race, the other a linguistic race, not the black phenotypical race.

What is my point? Black people in the usa and elsewhere tend to complain that we are the only ones who complain and everyone else are great do-ers, the two articles prove by the words of those in other communities, they are not do-ers. 

If the POLL had a third option @richardmurray, of which would be 'Not sure', then I would select that option because I really don't know if other ethnic people complain as much as Black people do. I know that they complain, but I don't know if they do to the same degree as Black people. 

I read some of the article you posted but need to come back and read all of it before I know for sure how to comment. 

BUT, I do feel sometimes, that only after Black people complain about certain issues that revolve around racial injustice, then and only then do other ethnic people complain when they see that Black people begin to get noticed and this, in turn, is used against Black people whereby others will get the better relief while we just get blamed for starting the problem and then demonized and then suppressed even more so. That is how I feel. 

• Like 1

@Pioneer1,obviously I would not condone the codification of dysfunctional and non-constructive behavior. 

Surely, there is a small population of AfroAmericans who choose to be dysfunctional and do dumb sh8t.

We have to deal with the chicken heads and dusty dudes accordingly. Even some of them can be redeemed when righteous rise up. 

It's easy to look at a house in disrepair and complain about or neglect it. But, if that house is a worthwhile investment and inhabitable, then it's just a matter of making the necessary repairs. 

Building or fixing requires action. At some point, we have to do the work. 😎

Chev

for some BLACK PEOPLE, sometimes complaining to HR or managers will absolutely get you fired or cause much more harrassment. 

I KNOW THIS ON A PERSONAL BASIS!

You're absolutely right about this.....sometimes.
She said this was what she was afraid of.

It was pretty much an all White HR staff and she didn't think they would do anything about it anyway except make him mad and he'd probably try to retaliate....so she didn't want to tell them.
Instead she'd tell the men hoping WE'D do something about it.

I told her this wasn't high school though.
It's not like we can hem him up against a wall or locker with our hands around his throat and threaten him to leave her alone "or else".

image.png.9fcfbe45a4b4f582ffadb08a573ceb3a.png

There could be legal problems.
She wanted to do thing the "hood way".....which could get more Black men fired and possibly locked up.

The crazy thing about it.....I asked her did she ever just plainly tell him to STOP and be serious about it?
She said NO.
When I saw them, he indeed WOULD mess with her inappropriately but she'd giggle and play around with an uncomfortable look but never straight faced told him to stop and leave her alone.
After a few months she finally did.....and according to her, he stopped and moved on.

ProfD

Building or fixing requires action. At some point, we have to do the work.

When you're repairing a house....sometimes a bad porch or termite infested room needs to just be REMOVED and REPLACED.
Don't even both trying to fix it....lol.

Even a bad ROOF.
Don't bother patching it up over and over again just so every time you fix a leak on THIS end you get another new one on THAT end...lol.
Every time it rains, walking down the hallway upstairs is like walking through a carwash....lol.

Naaaawww..
Rather than subjecting the entire house to further damage, just tear that sucka off and build a brand new one from scratch.
That's how you save the ENIRE house.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, that's why I mentioned building first.

Before fixing anything, an assessment has to be made of whether or not it's worth repairing and/or if it needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

Either way, the solution isn't to stand around looking at and discussing the problem(s) indefinitely.

Eventually,  it's time for action in order to get the work done.

That starts with finding the *right* people people who have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to make it happen. 😎

ProfD

One of the reasons why most Black folks in America aren't taking the actions needed to solve their problems is because White folks are pretty much keeping things going and running so there is no dire emergency for us to do so.
Most Black folks can eat, have a roof over their heads, and access to medical treatment.
So we can sit around and complain all day long but when it comes time to actually DO something.....we can duck and bow out and let White folks take care of it.

If there were no White folks around to run the show and keep the lights on, we'd be FORCED to cut out all the chit chat and in the words of Arsenio Hall: GET BUSY

25 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

One of the reasons why most Black folks in America aren't taking the actions needed to solve their problems is because...there is no dire emergency for us to do so.

Correct.

Therein lies the difference between need and want.

People will do just enough to have their basic needs met.

White folks are providing just enough access (jobs, loans, credit) for Black folks to live comfortably. 

Reminds me of when n8gglets sit around talking about how they want a Benz but they do just enough to get a hoopty.🤣

However, when people want something...short of luck, they have to work for it.

Becoming slf-sufficient means it's time for some action or as you quoted...get busy.😎

ProfD

However, when people want something...short of luck, they have to work for it.

Becoming slf-sufficient means it's time for some action or as you quoted...get busy.

In Detroit before 1985 (when Reaganomics really kicked in), it used to be that even those who were slightly BELOW average intelligence could come to the city and get a job and buy a house and new car.
I'm talking those slightly BELOW average.

Even today, to buy a decent house and new car most people have to be smart, paired up with a partners, and both have good paying jobs.
But back then you didn't need to do all that.

But if they were average or above average intelligence.....man, you could buy up blocks of houses and even save up enough to leave the factory and start your own business. This was COMMON back in the day.

This is what MADE the United States in my opinion.
Manufacturing jobs that didn't require a lot of brains or hard work, just show up and do what you are told.

When we as Black men finally DO build our society the way we want it, we shouldn't make it so harsh and rough to where you'd have to be damn near a genius with 2 rabbit's feet in your pockets just to earn a decent living....lol.

Chev

Absolutely!

You gave her good advice. 

I've seen a lot of Black folks loose their jobs over bullshit.
Personal shit that could have been avoided if things were handled the RIGHT way.

Husbands and wives working together......BIG MISTAKE.
They want to sit up and argue about how much they need the money and are going to bring their man (woman) up into the place and hook them up with a job too because they NEED the money and get to work together.
......2 months later one of them is laid out in the parking lot bleeding with an ambulance parked next to them and some White folks in tight pants standing around asking them do they need oxygen.

What happened????

Take your pick:

The man was accused of cheating on his wife and she stabbed him.
The woman was accused of cheating on her husband and he shot her.
A supervisor or manager said the wrong thing to the husband and the wife messed him up.
A supervisor or manager said the wrong thing to the wife and the husband fucked him up.

Either way....BOTH of them are out of a job.
One is due to injury.
The other is due to them either being in jail or on the run.

Just a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

In Detroit before 1985 (when Reaganomics really kicked in), it used to be that even those who were slightly BELOW average intelligence could come to the city and get a job and buy a house and new car.

I'm talking those slightly BELOW average.

Manufacturing jobs that didn't require a lot of brains or hard work, just show up and do what you are told.

@Pioneer1, Up to 30 years ago, white folks were handing out labor jobs that allowed Black folks to come up.

Many of those types of jobs have been out-sourced overseas or automated or handed over to immigrants.

IMO, Black folks (ADOS/FBA) failed to pool their wealth in such a way that they could become self-sufficient in terms of building a sustainable infrastructure. 

In 2023,  Black folks should not have to rely on white folks or anyone else for jobs. A sustainable infrastructure could have insured that every Black person had employment. 

Hard work is relative in proportion to the type(s) of jobs one does and their knowledge,  skills and abilities. More importantly, how much one wants to prosper. That applies to both individuals and collectively.😎

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, Up to 30 years ago, white folks were handing out labor jobs that allowed Black folks to come up.

Many of those types of jobs have been out-sourced overseas or automated or handed over to immigrants.

IMO, Black folks (ADOS/FBA) failed to pool their wealth in such a way that they could become self-sufficient in terms of building a sustainable infrastructure. 

In 2023,  Black folks should not have to rely on white folks or anyone else for jobs. A sustainable infrastructure could have insured that every Black person had employment. 😎

Not only that!

But actually, as Afro-AMERICANS we should be in the position to give out the jobs!!!

Even if we don't decide all of who can come into the country, we should be in the position to pick and choose WHICH immigrants we employ at OUR jobs.

As soon as Africans or Latinos come to the United States, they should be running to the Black community kissing our asses to try to get a job and some decent money.
We really should be in a position to not only provide housing for ourselves....which is a given...but also provide housing for immigrants who come here based on who we want and who we don't want.

One of the reasons AfroAmericans too often don't get along with other immigrant groups is because many of them don't respect our community.
Most AfroAmericans have nothing to offer them in terms of jobs or housing.

28 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

But actually, as Afro-AMERICANS we should be in the position to give out the jobs!!!

As soon as Africans or Latinos come to the United States, they should be running to the Black community kissing our asses to try to get a job and some decent money.

One of the reasons AfroAmericans too often don't get along with other immigrant groups is because many of them don't respect our community.

Slow down bro...that's a bridge too far to go.🤣

IMO, AfroAmericans would have to be on code and lock for at least 100 years before we could even think about providing any type of opportunities to folks outside our community.

In fact, I'd prefer that our communities resemble the chocolate City in which I grew up and where I live now. Predominantly Black who are doing just fine. 

The main reason other groups of people don't respect AfroAmericans is mainly due to 1) white racist propaganda and 2) our own disunity. 

The funny and sad thing is that other groups of people can see the natural talents and abilities in AfroAmericans that could enable us to be moee successful in all areas of human activity.

Except that AfroAmericans aren't on code. We don't have a tie that binds us....culture. We're kinda all over the place like Stevie Wonder driving a bus.

Every other group of people steals AfroAmerican flavor. They sow and reap the benefits within their own culture.

Of course, for several centuries now, white folks have straight jacked and capitalized off AfroAmericans In all things.

AfroAmericans do not own and/or control anything. Before we can think about doing for anybody else and/or building strategic alliances....our mentality when it comes to ownership needs to change ASAP. 😎

ProfD

Ofcourse other groups steal our style.

They steal our food, our music, our dress, our slang, etc.

And when people doubt or question this, all I have to do is tell them to look at the particular nation an immigrant comes from and ask yourself are they dressing or eating or talking like that OVER THERE?
If not....then they obviously copied it from somebody here....lol.

Mexicans aren't wearing long white t-shirts and ball caps with baggy short on back in Mexico.
They're wearing them HERE.
Where did they get THAT style from?

Chinese aren't eating fried shrimp back in China.
They didn't start eating them until they moved HERE.
Who did they get the recipe from?

Like you said, we don't codify our inventions.

I hear you on first providing enough jobs and housing for OURSELVES before providing them for other people.
I assumed that was a GIVEN though, lol.
Surely we aren't going to go around building housing if most of OUR people are homeless or facing eviction.
Surely we aren't going to send out notices to Asia and Africa recruiting immigrants for work projects here while half of Black men in the U.S. are unemployed.

.....but at the same time we can't waste time trying to resurrect zombies either.

Once we get on the right track....at some point this train is going to have to start MOVING.
Ain't got time to sit still for another 200 years waiting on some nicca high off of fake weed or half drunk off Hennessey with a chewed up straw hanging from his mouth and a greasy face he ain't washed in a week to come staggering out of the woods like a zombie hoping HE'LL get on board before the train takes off.

image.png.853ff243bdfe076498daac9040b48b4c.png

"But I'm sayin' doe......where yall tryna go?
Why should I get on the train?
Fa' what doe?
Naw....I'm straight dog.  
If I can't have my weed......I ain't going"

Now we gotta sit there and argue with THAT nicca about why he should put the weed down and get on the train so we can move towards progress.

No sir.
We can't save ALL Black folks, so at some point when we get a critical mass....we have to get going and move towards progress.

So I say, when we have provided good paying jobs to all AfroAmericans who WANT to work.....then we can start hiring outside of our community to help us build our businesses and projects.
Some of these clowns don't want to work.
They want to stand on the street corner with wholey-clothes on and some white crust formed on the corners of their mouths begging for just enough money to let them into the fake weed dispensary.

When we have made sure that all AfroAmericans who WANT decent housing has it.....then we can start making money by providing housing for those outside of our community.
Some of these niccaz DON'T WANT a place to stay in.
They're happy just to find a tree to crawl up under and eat a can of vienna sausages to go with their can of Schlizt Malt Liquor
We can't wait on them.

That's how we build ties and strengthen alliances around the planet.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We can't save ALL Black folks, so at some point when we get a critical mass....we have to get going and move towards progress.

@Pioneer1, surely those who choose to be the most dysfunctional and lazy cannot be saved.

But, seeing an abundance of progress and excellence will motivate some of our people to do better.😎

On 8/6/2023 at 3:56 PM, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, surely those who choose to be the most dysfunctional and lazy cannot be saved.

But, seeing an abundance of progress and excellence will motivate some of our people to do better.😎

Some will be motivated to step up their game and do better.....others will be jealous and seeing other Blacks succeed just activates their haterade.

image.png.24ac64eb2f6e17febbc1a6dbdb81c5eb.png

All you did was give them a list of WHO to rob and mooch off of.

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Some will be motivated to step up their game and do better.....others will be jealous and seeing other Blacks succeed just activates their haterade.

All you did was give them a list of WHO to rob and mooch off of.

Nah bro, once we're on code, dysfunctional n8gglets will get the bizness like anybody else who's out of pocket.

There was a time when Black folks didn't play that sh8t with the bum, lazy, mooch, etc.  We would call them out. 

Nowadays, between indifference and/or being afraid of silly azz younger folks who might be shooters, the elder Black folks don't have the energy or desire to correct them:

image.jpeg.ae0db133719a4e6cc78bc5d18d6605ef.jpeg

It brings out that Sam Jax.🤣😎

@Pioneer1 funny about that school, it is still the same, for all the movie's hype, the reality is a fiscal poor community is just that and education will not cause a leap while on the other hand while the lean on me school had these kind of speeches, white jewish children in nyc private schools were not being taught how to read or write to the simple city's standard  and were given no speeches like this externally or internally, whatsoever. An those kids abrely able to write english were given trips to cancun and swimming and shops and all sorts of amenities. 

I will no longer tolerate black people in the usa acting like education is our problem when some communities are getting away with not educating their children at all, and being chastised by few to no one externally or internally. 

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2064&type=status

Clark passed away but to him and all the other blacks, many who chime in this community talking about what black children need to do educationally, I say shut the fuck up and do what the white jewish adults are doing for their ignorant children, giving them a golden road. SHut up clark, shut up any of those like you and give black children the world, cause that is what white children , who can't read or write are being given by their adults. 

No Excuse Black Adults.

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

...the reality is a fiscal poor community is just that and education will not cause a leap...giving them a golden road.

Wealthy people don't need an education in order to maintain their power and resources.  They're already calling shots.

However, in the absence of power and/or resources, education should be used as a stepping stone to paving a golden road out of poverty, hopelessness and despair. 

Increasing one's knowledge, skills and abilities provides the building blocks necessary to create and/or seize constructive opportunities and build a golden road for others to follow.

Collectively, Black folks have a wealth of natural talent and abilities.  We lack the willpower to conquer and dominate others.😎

• Like 1

richardmurray

White Jews give their kids so much because they HAVE so much to give them.
Many if not most AfroAmerican parents DON'T HAVE too much to give their children in the first place.

Detroit didn't have as many Jews as New York, but we had a sizable Jewish population inside the city at one time and my neighborhood used to be mostly Jewish before the 70s so I got a chance to see how a lot of them operated.

Most Jewish parents believe in educating their children THEMSELVES instead of letting the public schools educate them.
Trust me, they ARE learning how to read....write...and count.
But as you said, they aren't relying on the state's SIMPLE and INEFFECTIVE teaching methods to do so......they design a curriculum themselves to properly educate their children.

We should be doing the same.
The Nation of Islam used to (and still does to some extent) do the same by taking their children out of the public schools and educating them themselves.

@Pioneer1 did you read the article, the jewish kids failed the standardized test over 90%, can you imagine how you would react if any black school had over 90% failure on a standardized test. It doesn't matter what methods the white jewish school were using for the white jewish  children, they failed over 90% on the standardized tests. 

All kids in NYC have to take the standardized tests. The white jewish children been failing it for a long time.  And, maybe you didn't read the article but the lawsuit that exposed this came from a white jewish parent who felt her child was being disserviced by the white jewish school. Did you read the article? 

Either you didn't read the article or you don't want to accept the truth it point to. Your position is invalid in the context of that article. 

@richardmurray, context is everything.  

From the article, 99% of thousands of boys from 30 Hasidic schools grades 3 through 8 failed standardized tests.   There's a reason for it.

The Hasidic school curriculum places very little emphasis on secular subject matter (English, math, science, etc.).  In other words, these boys are being taught more about religion than anything else.   

It's not that the Hasidic students  cannot read and write.  They don't perform well on standardized tests because that isn't their core curriculum.

Other religious-affiliated schools, performed much more like public schools, where nearly 50% of students passed.

It can be argued that New York state government should not be giving Hasidic schools $1 billion in government funding.  Let's see how well it goes for the politicians who try to enforce keep funding from Jewish schools.  Somebody won't be getting re-elected.  🤣

Surely, it would be awesome if Black folks started their own private schools and lobbied for their $1 billion dollars to educate future generations of young people. 😎

@ProfD  No, the standardized test of NYC can not be failed that large a percent and suggest they can read and write. no, its below par and again, a white jewish mother is why the case came forward. she was the one who was unsatisfied so... 

BUT you like many of the other commentors are evading the point

YOu and many others who comment will speak to great lengths if black children failed in any way like these white children. Black children who unlike these white children are given nothing equivalent in gifts/money/ leisure/opportunity. 

All of you don't want to admit that the lean on me school never failed like these jewish schools have for decades, but your mouths are open all the time speaking to black children about what black children need to do while you are not providing for black children like white adults. 

@richardmurray, I'm not evading the point. I seriously doubt the Rabbis and priests they're grooming these white boys to be cannot read and write.

More importantly, this Jewish children story is immaterial to the plight of Black children. Jews can take care of their own. 

I cannot speak for immigrant Black folks but AfroAmerican children specifically cannot afford to not be able read and write.

The future of an AfroAmerican child is dependent on his/her ability to communicate both oral and written. 

To the best of our abilities, AfroAmericans provide children with food, clothing, shelter and love. The essential ingredients for them to survive, thrive and flourish. 

So, you are correct, me and every other AfroAmerican adult has a responsibility to encourage our young people to learn as much as they can because it's their only means of survival within the system of racism white supremacy. 😎

@ProfD  All I will say is your comment

@richardmurray, I'm not evading the point. I seriously doubt the Rabbis and priests they're grooming these white boys to be cannot read and write.

More importantly, this Jewish children story is immaterial to the plight of Black children. Jews can take care of their own. 

I cannot speak for immigrant Black folks but AfroAmerican children specifically cannot afford to not be able read and write.

The future of an AfroAmerican child is dependent on his/her ability to communicate both oral and written. 

To the best of our abilities, AfroAmericans provide children with food, clothing, shelter and love. The essential ingredients for them to survive, thrive and flourish. 

So, you are correct, me and every other AfroAmerican adult has a responsibility to encourage our young people to learn as much as they can because it's their only means of survival within the system of racism white supremacy. 😎

is in my view a disconnect , or not a reply to my point. You have simply reaffirmed your positions, But it doesn't relate to my point. About the past of the black community in the usa , its failures and how it has developed a dysfunctional heritage of parents to child. But I will say this. I was fortunate. My two black parents never lied to me about the world and I realize now how thankful I am for that. 

14 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

is in my view a disconnect , or not a reply to my point. You have simply reaffirmed your positions, But it doesn't relate to my point. About the past of the black community in the usa , its failures and how it has developed a dysfunctional heritage of parents to child.

We cannot fix the past. 

IMO, Black parents are doing their best to raise children within a prison of racism white supremacy. 

There are many Black folks who would beg to differ with your opinion of failure and a dysfunctional heritage.  Especially those who've managed to become successful within the confines of a prison system.😎

@ProfD no one can change the past, no one. Your correct. My intent wasn't to suggest the past need to be changed, the only thing that can truly be changed between today side yesterday  is how anyone interpret the past. 

some black parents are, I concur. 

Many, don't be gentle, I argue most black folks in the USA beg to differ, regardless of their financial status. Which is fine, I don't have any problem with that.