NY State became the 11th state to ratify the constitution today and black female intracommunal help

Do you live in the USA?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If you live in the usa, do you want the state you live in to be a federal district of remain a state in the union?

• State in the union or star on the flag
    • become federal take that star away

When I think of New York State I don't think of a Black< phenotypical race>  place. Yes, Black people are human or can live anywhere they want to as humans. But New York State was and is not and I bet against will be a haven or positive place of growth for Black people beyond uncommon individual instances.

But thinking on this moment, I wonder, is New York State better as a state in the union , its current form, or a federal district. 

NY State doesn't financially support its populace well enough<the number of incarcerated people is the proof>, across racial lines. NY State doesn't have an efficient elected official body nor a system that guides government to efficiency regardless of who is in government. 

To be honest I only pondered said question today and I don't have a clear answer and I will not think on this after today. Though I think at the moment, it is a question rarely asked but potentially warranted. 

For Black women, it is a one time only it seems, please engage

now11.png

https://therapyforblackgirls.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIvdOyhqz4rH9RX7Almx59zzzNatjVaJPb3#/registration

now13.gif

REFERRAL

https://animatedtext.tumblr.com/post/723861541550784512/requested-by-justanotherenbyhere

40 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

But thinking on this moment, I wonder, is New York State better as a state in the union , its current form, or a federal district. 

IMO, every state is better off as a member of the union with the exception of Florida. 

Florida needs to be put in time out until their backwards governor grows a brain.🤣😎

• Like 1

Unless Michigan develops it's own nukes and a million man army......I'm tryna be team U.S.A. all day.....lol.

There's strength in UNITY.
That's why since the UNITED States was established....now nearly every country wants to form pacts and be part of unions be it the U.S.S.R., United Kingdom, Organization for African Unity, etc.

People recognize the power  in Unity.

@Pioneer1 

To your historical points...

There's strength in UNITY.
That's why since the UNITED States was established....now nearly every country wants to form pacts and be part of unions be it the U.S.S.R., United Kingdom, Organization for African Unity, etc.

humans beings always made unions long before the usa and long after, the usa isn't a trendsetter in union making. And the usa wasn't established to be a symbol or standard of unity. The usa was established for the financial betterment of its financial elite the slaveholders as well as the middlemen between the wealthy of the usa and the british empire. It is historical fact that benjamin franklin plus thomas jefferson side others made countless , expensive , trips to england to keep the colonies as part of the british empire.  The reality is, the usa could only exist if all the provinces joined it and comprehend the provinces of the british empire were competitive to each other, al the articles of confederation, the first form of government they made, which is the loosest form of unity possible.  what the usa has added in the historical context isn't unity or unions, it is easing the centralized power. Going back to why benjamin franklin pleaded with england so long. England, as with its other colonies ireland/scotland/ or other, never accepted the concept of allowance. The relationship of Europe to the USA today is a prime example. Europe is impotent but the usa doesn't simply do what it wants. The USA knows honey gets you more flies than vinegar, even if the honey is in the shape of a cage. But all empires are de facto unions. the key to the usa , ala born from the british empire, which is why britian changed how it worked its unions after the white colonialist broke free <it must be remember most indigenous side blacks opposed the creation of the usa even to the war of 1812> is that the usa during the constitution <post the articles of confederation again which is rarely admitted as the first attempt> allows for states to have power. The key addition the usa brings to unions is the concept that a union can still be effective and not have an all or nothing central power. When you look at the mongolian empire for example, the mongolian empire allowed all of its pieces to grow on their own and created a peace among them after temujin died. And the pieces grew independently from each other. So the usa isn't historically what you say. The USA has added in the european historical context a novelty, but not something absent non european historical sources.

To your point about michigan,

Unless Michigan develops it's own nukes and a million man army......I'm tryna be team U.S.A. all day.....lol.

you missed my question. I did not ask should the state one live in cede from the USA. I said should it remain as it is now, a state or become a federal district. A federal district is like the district of columbia. To rephrase, will you rather michigan be like the district of columbia or remain a state? 

Now please after a reread, provide your answer. 

richardmurray

To rephrase, will you rather michigan be like the district of columbia or remain a state? 

Now please after a reread, provide your answer. 

If you REMOVE  the SouthEast section of Washington D.C.......lol.....then I wouldn't mind Michigan being more like D.C.

Still remember visiting SouthEast D.C. in the 80s.

Not sure about today, but back in the day when I was a kid dudes used to STAND IN LINE to snatch purses at the bus stations and local grocery stores...lol.
When one person saw a victim they'd take off and snatch her purse then the next fool in line would hop up and down shaking his legs getting ready to run down HIS victim....and so on....lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you REMOVE  the SouthEast section of Washington D.C.......lol.....then I wouldn't mind Michigan being more like D.C.

Wait a minute bro....I was born and raised in Southeast Washington DC.😁

Do not come for my beloved city and specifically for my section of it.🤣

I'm an OG now but still repping SE DC to the fullest.  I wouldn't be here without it.😎

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Not sure about today, but back in the day when I was a kid dudes used to STAND IN LINE to snatch purses at the bus stations and local grocery stores...lol.
When one person saw a victim they'd take off and snatch her purse then the next fool in line would hop up and down shaking his legs getting ready to run down HIS victim....and so on....lol.

🤣 My relatives live(d) in SOUTHEAST DC!!!

LOL! I lived and went to school there at times when I was young.. 

At one time, my aunt lived in Kennilworth! Ya Know! 

And, my Mom was mugged on 17th Street SE walking home from the grocery store. I can't believe you just wrote this.

At one time, even the cabs wouldn't come to that side of DC. LOL.

But DC can't be all that much more worse than what I've heard about Detroit, can it?

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

I'm an OG now but still repping SE DC to the fullest.  I wouldn't be here without it.😎

🤣

What is OG?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

LOL.....I figured you'd say something, which is why I wrote it like that.
I knew you were from D.C. but I wasn't sure which part.

But what I said was true though......it was a pretty rough area.

SOUF'EECE....lol.

Chev

And, my Mom was mugged on 17th Street SE walking home from the grocery store. I can't believe you just wrote this.

At one time, even the cabs wouldn't come to that side of DC. LOL.

Then you know what I'm talking about.....LOL.

Them cats were standing in LINE waiting for their turn to rob somebody.
Niccaz in gym shoes and Adidas sweat pants stretching and bending getting loose so they can run, snatch a woman's purse or a dude's gold chain right quick...and hop a fence.

Back in the 80s not as many people were packing gats as much so I guess they weren't worried about people popping them.

Police NOWHERE to be found.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

LOL.....I figured you'd say something, which is why I wrote it like that.
I knew you were from D.C. but I wasn't sure which part.

But what I said was true though......it was a pretty rough area.

SOUF'EECE....lol.

Yep. Unfortunately, Souf'east still makes the news more than any other quadrant of the city.😎

And don't get me started on the HOUSING in some parts of D.C. and Baltimore....lol.

Most Eastcoast cities have row houses....but atleast in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston there seems to be some STYLE to them.
Seems like when they built them they took their time to carve out designs and exquisite architecture over the doorways, on the stoops, along the balances that go up the porches, and into the hallways.

By the time they got down to Baltimore they must have gotten tired of even bothering to design the houses and just said FUCK IT....let's just hurry up and build some places for these jokers to stay in...lol.

So you go to some neighborhoods and all you see is one long brick building after another with doors cut out on the side....lol.

This is not ALL of D.C. or Baltimore by the way.
Both cities have some nice well built areas with fine architecture.
I had another cousin in Georgetown we visited a couple times and I remember that neighborhood was BEAUTIFUL.

38 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

And don't get me started on the HOUSING in some parts of D.C. and Baltimore....lol.

No need for fancy houses when accommodating an influx of people showing up as a labor force to work.

The people just needed a place to shave, shower, eat, sleep, f8ck and raise their children. 🤣😎

26 minutes ago, ProfD said:

No need for fancy houses when accommodating an influx of people showing up as a labor force to work.

The people just needed a place to shave, shower, eat, sleep, f8ck and raise their children. 🤣😎

Lol....well if that's all they needed.....that's all they GOT.

Generic as hell.

Might as well get rid of the fancy names for the neighborhoods or blocks and just put a sign up as you come off the avenue that says: HOUSING

That's it....lol.

Detroit has a FEW of them, but that's mostly in the very inner city.
When you move out further from downtown you get way more space......but on the Eastcoast MOST of the city is built like that it seems.

When you're driving down the freeway pass some of these neighborhoods on the Eastcoast, there should be signs that simply say:
"HOUSING" with an arrow pointed at the neighborhood, because that's all you're gonna get, lol.
No backyard, no trees, no recreational facilities.....just rows of buildings with holes in them and doors attached, lol.

image.png.f4cb536a91dea426dae53ca18ad5e095.png

And streets so narrow....as soon as you open your door and walk outside you have to look both ways to avoid being hit by a car....lol.

Houses made RIGHT ON the street.

It was a strange experience to visit family and we're sitting up in the living room talking and you see Afros and bald heads bouncing up and down as people walked back and forth pass the window and occasionally looking over into the house at you.....LOL.

WTF????

Any nicca can just reach up over through the window and snatch something and run off down the street...lol.
Same thing with the bedroom and the alley right behind it.
You're in bed sleeping and any nicca walking down the alley can just reach in and slap you upside the head and run off grinning and you wouldn't know WHO did it....lol.

You don't get a little space and room to move around until you get to Pittsburgh....lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Might as well get rid of the fancy names for the neighborhoods or blocks and just put a sign up as you come off the avenue that says: HOUSING

All housing and types of it serves the same purpose I mentioned above. 😁

Guess what's going on in a 32 bedroom mansion with a bowling alley, tennis court, movie theater, swimming pool and a groundskeeper. Eat, sleep, sh8t, f8ck. 🤣

Nicer things come with a price that someone is willing to work for and pay. It's not given away.😎

3 minutes ago, ProfD said:

All housing and types of it serves the same purpose I mentioned above. 😁

Guess what's going on in a 32 bedroom mansion with a bowling alley, tennis court, movie theater, swimming pool and a groundskeeper. Eat, sleep, sh8t, f8ck. 🤣

True....but you can do all of the above mentioned in a lot more PEACE and QUIET....lol.

I live in an apartment now, but I remember how it was when I live in a house.
I could drive up and walk through the door with my pizza and sit down and enjoy watching television as loud as I want it without distraction.
Now......
When I come home with a pizza and walk down the hallways I see little round heads poking out quickly before slamming the door shut.
And the smell of what's cooking next door can sometimes overpower MY food that I'm eating in my  apartment, lol.

But along the lines of what you were talking about, I think apartments should be STANDARD housing for post people anyway.
An actual HOUSE for yourself should be earned....something you have to work or provide extra money for.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Wind 'em up Chuck!  You ever visit Mahogany Books?

Of course, I'm very familiar with the late Chuck Brown, beloved Godfather of our local Go-Go music scene.   

As a musician, I'm a fraternal member of the Go-Go scene having conections to and having played keyboards in a few well-known bands. 

I have not visited Mahogany Books but I know exactly where it's located. I'll check it out when time permits. 😎

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

As a musician, I'm a fraternal member of the Go-Go scene having conections to and having played keyboards in a few well-known bands. 

Wow!  A true renaissance man!

I remember the first time I heard Go-Go like it was yesterday, the fall of 1980. A football player, from the DMV was blasting this music in the locker room.  I was like dude what is that?! They were jamming!  He said "it is Go-Go cous" I was like what? what did you say?  I was like damn how could I know have heard this music before.

See I was from Harlem and we thought we were really the center of the universe.  People would ask me where I was from and I'd say "the city."  Until someone pointed out to me that there were other cities besides New York 🙂  In college I discovered, Go-Go, Jazz, Classic Rock, Bob Marley.  I realized I did not know anything about music.

DC was one of the cities I wanted to move to, but just never did it.  I still may one day, but I'm not feeling the traffic or the weather (DC can't handle snow at all). 

I visited Sankofa Books (NW) a few weeks ago, and road a scooter to Bus Boys & Poets, the one off U street. I like the city, but it is clearly gentrifying.  I'll post an interesting chapter form a book I started reading.

@Pioneer1 yeah I lived in a townhouse in Harlem it is not as bad as the picture you shared but yeah you step out you place and you are almost in the street.  Plus we put are trash right on the street in garbage bags!  That seems perfectly normal until you live someone else 😉

Did somebody mention CHUCK BROWN???

Wha'chall know about BUSTIN' LOOSE.......lol.

"talkin' bout bustin' loose guh-hul"

"bustin' loose to my love jones.....bustin' loose to each his own"

"hey LEROY....gimme somadat horn mayne.....yeah"   

LOL....MAN THAT'S MY JAM!!!

I didn't know it was part of a particular genre.
I called it "80's Soul" for lack of a better term.

That's been my song since the 80s and I jams it on a WEEKLY basis!

Troy

yeah I lived in a townhouse in Harlem it is not as back and the picture you shared but yeah you step out you place and you are almost in the street.  Plus we put are trash right on the street in garbage bags!  That seems perfectly normal until you live someone else

That's one of the reasons New York has so many rats running around in the streets....lol.

I was in Brooklyn one time and was eating some jerk chicken and it was so good I started dancing and knocked over a garbage can by accident and saw a SWARM of rats  behind it swimming around in circles eating....and they DIDN'T run...lol.

Another thing about New York that got me was how they didn't collect garbage once or twice a week like most communities but EVERY DAY...and if I recall properly, back in the 90s twice a day in some communities.

But like I said, atleast the housing in New York ain't AS bland as the rowhouses they built in some other Eastcoast cities further down south.
Harlem has a VERY nice architecture even in the ghetto blocks.
Every doorway has art and gargoyles and shit carved into it....lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

That's one of the reasons New York has so many rats running around in the streets....lol.

Yep.  Some of them critters are pretty robust.  I saw one go through the turnstile in front of me to go into the subway.  It clearly ate well it was huge and it's coat was thick and luxurious!  

Man, if shit goes really south New Yorkers could hunt rats for their fur and meat.

Yeah, Chuck Brown was an icon. 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Back in the 80s not as many people were packing gats as much so I guess they weren't worried about people popping them.

Police NOWHERE to be found.

These last few post are too funny!

But there were some gun violence in the 60s, sad to say.

However, as you say, it wasn't many, mostly knife crimes. 

I remember when I was in 2nd grade the school intercom announcement warned us about a gang called 'the Jolly Green Giants' jumping kids while walking home from school. It gave me nightmares. But thankfully, I had a few male cousins that were rough enough for the threat, and probably were, uh, ya know what I'm finna say . . . LOL. They showed up a lot to jump in and help me and my sister out, as we did get in a lot of fights on the school grounds. 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

Wind 'em up Chuck!  You ever visit Mahogany Books?

I remember Mahogany Books, but I am out of sync. I don't know what it has to do with Chuck?

Anyway, Katt Williams is too funny! Oh! I love Iverson mall! DC!!! 

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I was in Brooklyn one time and was eating some jerk chicken and it was so good I started dancing and knocked over a garbage can by accident and saw a SWARM of rats  behind it swimming around in circles eating....and they DIDN'T run...lol.

🤣

You made me laugh till I started crying.

• Haha 1

Chev

I remember when I was in 2nd grade the school intercom announcement warned us about a gang called 'the Jolly Green Giants' jumping kids while walking home from school. It gave me nightmares. But thankfully, I had a few male cousins that were rough enough for the threat, and probably were, uh, ya know what I'm finna say . . . LOL. They showed up a lot to jump in and help me and my sister out, as we did get in a lot of fights on the school grounds. 

Lol...JOLLY GREEN GIANTS.
Sounds like they ate a lot of candy in that gang, lol.

I didn't grow up in the 'hood hood but we did have our share of rough customers and gangs that did damage in the community.

I remember when I was in the 1st or 2nd grade the school was placed on lockdown because somebody off the street got angry and shot at the school hitting the principal's office.

I forgot whether they were targeting her or not.

Yeah, as Troy mentioned...New York is OUT COLD with the rats.

I remember one time seeing a CLOUD of rats running down the street and up a wall to go into an abandoned building.
Again, this was in Brooklyn.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 8:50 PM, Chevdove said:

On 7/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, Pioneer1 said:

🤣

You made me laugh till I started crying.

I ran across this video and thought of you:

On 7/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, Pioneer1 said:

• Haha 1

Chev

When it came from that jerked chicken cooked right on the street in Brooklyn, the reaction was actually more like............

P.S.....
When my man started acting up, why did the White woman pick up her baby and head in the opposite direction!!!! LMBAO.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When my man started acting up, why did the White woman pick up her baby and head in the opposite direction!!!! LMBAO.

🤣

Some non-Black people are just not accustomed to eating in a soul food environment! 

Anything might happen and it wouldn't faze Black folk. Loud talkin, figtin, dancin, ... 

• Like 1