What Black Unity Looks Like.....

The video is blocked in your post but it's the brawl at the riverfront in Alabama.

AfroAmericans stood together and threw down on racist, privileged white folks and gave them what they deserved...azz whuppin.🤣

I hope it's the beginning of AfroAmericans standing up for themselves and fighting back.😎

That brawl at NY Union Station last week (according one FOx TV footage), and Teenage Takeovers in Chicago, that Alexander and Garcia baseball one punch fight that send Alexander on his behind, all say, violence is not the answer to any of our problems.  Regardless of how many times I have had the sh_t beat out of me in this life, did it solve anything.   Most of my enemies and oppressors are dead,  and  I am lying underneath my air conditioner eating pizza, butter pecan ice cream and root beer soda, watching GUNSMOKE with Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty Russell.  All of my scum oppressors lie in their graves, and all I did was prayed for them. 

The church still holds to turning the other cheek to your enemy, even if many Baptist preachers still carry handguns contra to Christ.    Louisiana has put the motto,  'In God We Trust'  back in all of its schools.   Submission to YAHWEH is the answer, to all 'Negroes' and 'colored folks'  problems.  Come with me my 'brothers' to the 'mourners bench' in the Black Baptist church, and give all your grievances to da' Lawd.  And love your White scum 'brother'. 

9 hours ago, zeke1234 said:

...violence is not the answer to any of our problems. 

The United States (US) has the most powerful military on the planet.

Many of them are religious folks who are willing to kill or be killed.

The US makes it very clear that they will preserve, protect and defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic

Turning the other cheek can lessen the possibility of getting injured and/or killed.  It doesn't always solve the problem(s) either. 

Violence prevails where diplomacy breaks down or fails especially when it comes to self-defense and/or securing power😎

I had a chance to see the Alabama dock 'brawl' twice on CNN today for the first time.  FOX NEWS

showed a different angle, with a big Black guy trying to break up the fight.  Six White guys on

top of the first Black guy, who told them to move their boat.    There was no time for diplomacy.

Because the White guys attacked the first Black guy, suddenly, who worked on the pier, or on the other boat.

'Stand your ground',  or the Lord makes exceptions in the time of need, like throughout the Old Testament, to

protect yourself.  King Saul trying to take David's life, and David always outfoxing Saul. 

Someone pulls a gun, and a fist fight becomes a murder.

I was in a fist fight with my White roommate at a Big 10 school in the 1970s.  I went downstairs to get some Blacks

to help me.  The 'other' Whites came out of their dorm rooms with guns and knives.  Cooler heads prevailed.

I have seen too many Black on Black, and Black versus White street fights in my life.  If we would only all turn

to Christ.

I found the brawl too. 

Despite the violence everything I know about people (and the South) tells me that someone was armed.

The fact that no one was shot or killed is a miracle and testament to restraint on the armed people who were there.  But you know there was someone with a glock 9mm, laying in the cut, saying to themselves, "I wish a MFer would !"

Hopefully the boater and all those who jumped homeboy will be appropriated punished to the fullest extent of the law

Yeah some of the jokes were funny.  It was as if that was the purpose of the mele to provide fodder for social media memes.  It seems social media is the only winner of these events.

@ProfD Black people have always fought back, but this narrative and the stories were strongly suppressed.  (1) you did not want white folks sacred to death and (2) you did not want Black folks getting any "silly" ideas in their heads.

How many memes couched this as a form of Black people fighting back against racism, or was it all jokes?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Troy said:

@ProfD Black people have always fought back, but this narrative and the stories were strongly suppressed.  (1) you did not want white folks sacred to death and (2) you did not want Black folks getting any "silly" ideas in their heads.

It seems that you're right.......and guess what....it sounds like a CONSPIRACY to me.
If that's not a conspiracy on the part of Caucasians to suppress the true history of Black resistance to racism, what else could it be.

An excellent example is how BOTH of the videos I provided of that fight have been removed by Youtube!
Not one....both.
And they weren't just removed from this site but from the very sources I took them from!
I went to one guy's Youtube channel and the video was gone.

But meanwhile videos of Black men being beat up and shot by White cops are still up and played over and over again on the evening news.

32 minutes ago, Troy said:

Black people have always fought back, but this narrative and the stories were strongly suppressed. 

Of course, Black folks have always fought back in many situations that we'll never know about a bout and we know the reason for it.  

However, if social media is good for anything, this is a case in point. 

Turn on those cameras for the world to see that racism white supremacy is still alive and well. 

Some Black folks will not be bullied and/or go down without a fight. 

Here is the proof and evidence for the cowards, bootlicks, shills and sellouts.😎

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But meanwhile videos of Black men being beat up and shot by White cops are still up and played over and over again on the evening news.

You're right. @Pioneer1 The video of this brawl does not even come close to some of the other videos of Black people being attacked. I don't get it! 

And, mostly all of the major news sources play this brawl and anyone can access it. 

10 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I can't see I will find later, but happy no one was killed

Yes. Me too. It's obvious that people were fighting though, and there were some arrest. 

• Like 1

What black people did on that boat dock was long overdue. White people need to be put on notice that racist violence especially mob action will not be tolerated. Black people are willing and able to meet such action by whites with force. LIFT EVERY CHAIR AND SWING TILL EARTH AND HEAVEN RING !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KENNETH said:

What black people did on that boat dock was long overdue. White people need to be put on notice that racist violence especially mob action will not be tolerated. Black people are willing and able to meet such action by whites with force. LIFT EVERY CHAIR AND SWING TILL EARTH AND HEAVEN RING !

We still have one or two weeks of Vacation Bible School at my church, where we teach the love of Christ, and

the peace and joy that surpasses all human understanding.  Love your enemies, and do good to those who

would mistreat you.  That big Black guy who gentlely  pulled the five Whites off of the Black boat co-captain named Pickett,

that big Black fellow did no fist swinging, tried to break up the fight,  he is a Christian role model.  

17 hours ago, KENNETH said:

Lol....lift every chair and swing!!!
I like that!

I think I'm going to use that as a signature.....lol.

zeke1234

That big Black guy who gentlely  pulled the five Whites off of the Black boat co-captain named Pickett,

that big Black fellow did no fist swinging, tried to break up the fight,  he is a Christian role model.  

Hey my brutha let me ask you a couple questions.........

According to the Bible, during the Flood that was sent from God to destroy all of humanity except for Noah and his family........
What if Noah or one of his sons decided to toss a rope or rod out of the ark as the water was building up offering to save as many people as they could get on the boat and rescue them from drowning?
Do you think that would have been a "good" thing or a "bad" thing for them to do?

According to the Bible, when Moses was down in Egypt telling Pharoah to let his people go and the plagues started coming......
One of the plagues was that the first born male child of each family would die, except for those who's homes were marked.

What if some of the Hebrews went around Egypt marking the homes of the Egyptians too, including their task-masters and overseers....ensuring that their first born sons would be saved....and the deaths were somehow averted?
Do you think that would have been a "good" thing or a "bad" thing?

Curious minds want to know.....😃

• Like 1

@Troy 

thank you, black people everywhere have always fought back against the non black, the problem is when non blacks anywhere escalate, usually <not everywhere all the time>many and sadly most black people tend to relent or melt away. in this very comment stream you have the theme of nonviolence, which comes from more than a sense of peace, it also comes from fear. 

Luckily in modernity, non blacks in the usa don't have the same sense of unity as the near past. Immigration since 1965  has changed all communities in the usa in multiple ways.

I know I beat the dead horse but the IRA comprehended most irish who might be in for  a march or blowing up a store wasn't ready for escalation. But the IRA was and thus achieved their result. 

I do not advocate nonviolence or violence, but either way has negative or positive sequences and too many in my view, focus too much on the positiive sequences of nonviolence or the negative sequences of violence absent comprehending both holistically 

The internet if flooded with this story.

Even still a lot of the videos that are posted showing the actual brawl are taken down pretty quickly. 

I did see a few though, that showed mostly all of what was videod. I saw the swimmer swinging and landing some blows.

And, I saw the man with the folding chair. 

One meme looks like Jamie Fox, but I am not sure. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol....lift every chair and swing!!!
I like that!

I think I'm going to use that as a signature.....lol.

zeke1234

Hey my brutha let me ask you a couple questions.........

According to the Bible, during the Flood that was sent from God to destroy all of humanity except for Noah and his family........
What if Noah or one of his sons decided to toss a rope or rod out of the ark as the water was building up offering to save as many people as they could get on the boat and rescue them from drowning?
Do you think that would have been a "good" thing or a "bad" thing for them to do?

According to the Bible, when Moses was down in Egypt telling Pharoah to let his people go and the plagues started coming......
One of the plagues was that the first born male child of each family would die, except for those who's homes were marked.

What if some of the Hebrews went around Egypt marking the homes of the Egyptians too, including their task-masters and overseers....ensuring that their first born sons would be saved....and the deaths were somehow averted?
Do you think that would have been a "good" thing or a "bad" thing?

Curious minds want to know.....😃

Two situations where many theologians would say God's 'election' of Noah and his family is on

display, as well as his 'election' of the Hebrew people during the days of Abraham.  'Him alone have I

chosen', according to Genesis.  You can't go against God's 'elect', and try to mix in 'bad apples/

characters' with the 'alledgedly' elect.   Even in life and death situations, the 'bad' have already been judged by God. 

Noah was 'elected', because he 'walked with God', was obedient to the OT Mosaic convenant.  No 'bad' apples on

that ark, except unclean four legged creatures.

Christ in the NT pushes away from the Jews being God's 'elect', and consigns them to Hell, ie, 'how can you

escape the damnation of Hell'.   Paul reinstates the 'electedness' of Israel, say 'all Israel shall be

saved'.  History itself has already spoken on this matter, the Inquisition  (forced conversion of Jews  to Christianity

or else), the fall of Jerusalem 70 AD to a Cesaer wanna be, WW II alledged holocaust.  The 'elected'. 

These Bible situations are no where analogous to the Alabama dock situation.  Everybody on that dock

are still working out their eternal salvation, with God's final judgment apparently nowhere on the horizon. .  

You don't know what set those five white 'crackers' off against the wanna be 'Negro' boat co-captain.  Arguing  with

rednecks, throws fuel on the fire.  'Brother man' knew what he was doing, and where he was doing it, and who his

audience was.   I would have called the police (da' po po), after asking them to move their boat twice, rather than

arguing with them. 

On 8/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, zeke1234 said:

I would have called the police (da' po po), after asking them to move their boat twice, rather than arguing with them. 

The last time po-po was called on the rednecks for stealing a golf cart, the Captain was encouraged to drop the charges. 

Rednecks have become accustomed to having their way in the south.  As always, they picked the wrong Black man to exercise their white privilege on that particular day. 

Black folks gave rednecks the bizness they've been wanting for a long time. 

As we see can see from the viral nature of the video and memes, most folks approve of the beatdown our people administered. 

It's going to happen again as soon as somebody else listens to that Jason Aldean song "Small Town" and wants to get froggy and beat up.  

So, while the God-fearing choose to turn the other cheek or pray for their enemies when attacked by racists, the righteous will go down swinging fists...and chairs.🤣😎

• Thanks 1

zeke1234

I'm sorry, what was your official answer to the two questions I asked concerning whether or not it would be wrong to try and save the people not on the Ark or the Egyptians???

Arguing  with rednecks, throws fuel on the fire.  'Brother man' knew what he was doing, and where he was doing it, and who his
audience was.   I would have called the police (da' po po), after asking them to move their boat twice, rather than arguing with them. 

A couple of things:

1. He didn't get the OPTION to call the police.
After he told them the second time, they ATTACKED him.  At that point his only option was to SURVIVE the attack. 

2. For all intents and purposes, he WAS the "police".
This wasn't just some average citizen with a complaint, he was the  SECURITY OFFICER for that dock so he was authorized to make them move the boat.
Calling the cops shouldn't have been necessary.
He should have had a gat and cuffs to arrest them along with other security as back up.....IMO.

ProfD

The last time po-po was called on the rednecks for stealing a golf cart, the Captain was encouraged to drop the charges. 

Good point.
Sometimes it's better for Black folks to just go ahead and take of things ourselves rather than "expect" White folks in authority to do the right thing.

Just like it's better to police YOUR OWN neighborhoods to keep the peace and ensure that criminals are punished and detered, rather than expecting White cops to do it....only for them to ignore the crime and "work with" the criminals instead of punishing them.

As we see can see from the viral nature of the video and memes, most folks approve of the beatdown our people administered. 

It was a breath of fresh air, and inspiration.

After seeing so many videos of Black men getting beat up and killed and LOSING....it felt great to see us WINNING.

It was a bonafide CATHARSIS.

On 8/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, ProfD said:

So, while the God-fearing choose to turn the other cheek or pray for their enemies when attacked by racists, the righteous will go down swinging fists...and chairs.🤣😎

When ever that scripture comes up, other Christians will also bring up the fact that JESUS went off at the money changers in the temple. He whipped them and forcefully put them out of the temple. So, that scripture is totally mis-understood about turning the other cheek. 

It's contextual people. Some situation calls for self-defense!

• Thanks 1