Buy Black with Amazon: Black is Remarkable

I got an email from a large Black-owned business with the subject line: "Buy Black with Amazon: Black is Remarkable"

Amazon is so wealthy it is trivial for them to pay to co-opt the very concept of "Buying Black," as long as you are buying from or through them.

I replied to the email saying that; as the owner of a Black-Owned bookstore I am sickened by this email and that the principle of "Buying Black" means buying from Black businesses.

Now the company that sent the email does not need Amazon to promote Black-owned businesses.  They have a large enough of a platform to do it themselves.  Of course, each business would make more money per order selling products directly form their own ecommerce platforms instead of Amazon's.

Some will say Amazon's offers a variety of benefits, but these are short-term benefits.  The potential damage could put any of those businesses into serious jeopardy.

Truth be told, if Amazon offer me enough money, I'd probably sell out too 😞  Of course, I'd use the money for good, but I doubt that good would compensate for the damage I'd be contributing to.  I liken it to "blood money." 

After years of calling for the boycotting of Amazon.  I'm sure I don't have to worry about them offering me money to promote their business.

On the heels of the Georget Floyd murder Amazon started flying the Black Liberation flag in one of these offices, so Amazon has already told us they will co-opt any aspect of Black culture -- even the UNIA's flag -- for profit.

What next Amazon FUBU?

Unfortunately, the sellout has been real for a very long time. 

No matter how successful some Black folks become, there is something about the white man's ice that makes it more appealing.

Amaz8n doesn't need Black folks but surely, Jeff B. will take our money too.😎

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

Amaz8n doesn't need Black folks but surely,

When your goal is to be the place were literally everything the is purchased online is purchased from Amazon; you need Black businesses to supply them with products.

Amazon wants their hands in everyone's pockets, and they are executing that strategy brilliantly.

Well don't forget, a lot of these major corporations are being HEAVILY funded and protected by the Federal government.

The way Capitalism SHOULD work is that every business survives and thrives (or fails) on it's own merit and profits.
No help from the outside.

That was the way MOST businesses operated all the way up to the early 20th century.

Now you have these mega corporations who not only have lobbyists in D.C. helping them to get tax breaks and grants, they can routinely break laws and regulations with impunity.
No one gets shut down or spends a day in jail.

Why?

Because White racists in government supports White racists in business.

Now just imagine if there was a Black Representative or Senator from Florida in Washington D.C. whom you could talk to who would hook YOU up with a $40 million grant to declare AALBC a "National Institution" and pay your an annual endowment to maintain the site and all it's property for perpetuity.
That's how a lot of White folks do with eachother.

Some of these corporations become so large, the government buys from and/or consults with them on global issues.

For example, Elon Musk, a foreigner, talks to Ukraine, Russia and NASA equally. Musk has the technology, products and services they all need.😎

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

Some of these corporations become so large, the government buys from and/or consults with them on global issues.

For example, Elon Musk, a foreigner, talks to Ukraine, Russia and NASA equally. Musk has the technology, products and services they all need.😎

Now one would have to ask one's self.......how can a PRIVATE CITIZEN have more technology than a wealthy Western government, that they would have to go to him for goods and services instead of generating them themselves?

I don't believe it's true.
Like I said earlier, I think they are GIVING White folks....private White citizens.....knowledge and authority to do certain things in order to RE-segregate society and ensure White men stay on top both covertly and overtly.

There is nothing Elon Musk or Bill Gates or any other Billionaire has that our nation with it's MULTI-TRILLION dollar economy couldn't simply mine or make themselves.
Nothing.
Elon isn't connected to some secret out of space "Mother ship" that can fly in and give him special technology that nobody else is getting.
The government is giving him and others the technology instead of making it public.

Privatization is the NEW form of Jim Crow segregation.
Instead of keeping it in the government where Black folks have a right to work in and be apart of it....they privatize it where diversity and affirmative action laws don't apply; so they can lock Black folks out with no recourse.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:45 AM, ProfD said:

No matter how successful some Black folks become, there is something about the white man's ice that makes it more appealing.

Not so sure about that. IMO, only a weak mind would consistently fall for a notion such as that.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, nels said:

Not so sure about that. IMO, only a weak mind would consistently fall for a notion such as that.

Well.............a lot of our people ARE weak minded.

Look at the "Black Voices For Trump" dude sitting up in the jail house right now.
He was willing to go to jail for a man who didn't even know he EXISTED....and STILL hasn't said a word in his defense.

image.png.b14e6c103b0098e79f7d5c3d7890c568.png
"Harrison who???
Never heard of him....."