Dr. Claudine Resigns as Harvard University President

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2024/01/02/claudine-gay-resigns-from-harvard-why-black-excellence-is-never-enough/

While Dr. Claudine Gay seemingly survived congressional inquiry into her handling of war protests on the campus of Harvard University, she ultimately resigned under intense scrutiny from the white court of public opinion.  

Unsatisfied that Dr. Gay wasn't fired after the congressional inquiry, white folks went after her academic record claiming plagiarism in her writings. 

I find it hard to believe Dr. Gay's credentials were not verified prior to white folks allowing her to become president of one of America's most prestigious universities.

White supremacy usually breaks its tools when they no longer find them useful. Dr. Gay's resignation is a clear example of it. 

Dr. Gay will remain on the faculty of Harvard. Apparently, the plagiarism charges don't keep her from teaching. She'll just  have to move to a smaller office on campus for now. 

I don't know how many AfroAmerican students Dr. Gay was able to get admitted into Harvard during her short tenure.

However, I do believe Dr. Gay could use this situation as a stepping stone to leading an HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities).

An HBCU should be place that will welcome someone with Dr. Gay's credentials with open arms providing that she wants to be there.

We'll have to wait and see how comfortable Dr. Gay is with being demoted over some sh8t that she had zero control.😎

1 hour ago, frankster said:

Cornel West suffered the same fate for the same reason at Harvard....

The biggest difference is Dr. West wasn't getting a salary of $900k per year.🤣

Otherwise, I can imagine it looks/feels good believing these folks respect the credentials until they find a reason to kick that azz to the curb. 😁😎

16 hours ago, ProfD said:

However, I do believe Dr. Gay could use this situation as a stepping stone to leading an HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities).

You must be joking LOL!  Sometimes folks with credentials like here will do this after they have "retired."

9 minutes ago, ProfD said:

folks respect the credentials

Black folks have no credentials white folks are bound to respect. 😉

Cornel West suffered the same fate for the same reason at Harvard....

I'm not so sure about that, Gay remains a tenured professor. West never gained tenure at Harvard, he was only offered it after public outcry for Harvard refusing the consider him for it.

Harvard is not a "normal" school and it is irrational to expect them to behave as such. 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I'm not so sure about that, Gay remains a tenured professor. West never gained tenure at Harvard, he was only offered it after public outcry for Harvard refusing the consider him for it.

In my estimation they were both fired over Free Speech on the Israeli-Palestinian issue....Cornel was never given tenure because of his stance on that same issue

1 minute ago, Jeromex said:

She was fired !!!  She was given a chioce, either resign or get fired.

This is what happens when jobs are handed to someone based on skin color and not merit. She is also very goofy looking. 

How do you know this?

She was fired for fanning the flames of anti semitism and not protecting jewish students. As the president of a college you just cant say “ I hate blacks, I think they are violent and irresponsible “. First amendment protections wouldnt apply. You would be fired from anywhere had you said that in the workplace. She was never a qualified candidate to begin with.

Quote one statement of hers that is "fanning the flames" of Anti-semitism....?

When and Where did Claudine Day say anything Anti-semitic?

Even a Congressional Hearing could not find her guilty of Racism/Anti-semitism or of putting anyone's life in danger.

• Thanks 1

When and Where did Claudine [Gay] say anything Anti-semitic?

Excellent question brotha @frankster.👏🏿

19 minutes ago, frankster said:

sorry Gay

It's all good. We know the dealy-o.

Awaiting a response to your question.😎

Claudine Gay is incredibly incompetent and she never should have held that position. She was an embarrassment to not only Harvard but to herself as well.

Blacks get their panties in a bunch if anyone says anything perceived as anti black such as saying Blacks need fathers and structure in the home or some blacks used skills they learned as slaves , they also used when they were freed.. Which is true.

She was asked if “ calling for the genocide of jews violated her code of conduct when it threatened or harassed jewish students?”

Her response- “ it depends on the context”.

Lets not forget she was also guilty of plagiarism. 

3 hours ago, Jeromex said:

Claudine Gay is incredibly incompetent and she never should have held that position. She was an embarrassment to not only Harvard but to herself as well.

Blacks get their panties in a bunch if anyone says anything perceived as anti black such as saying Blacks need fathers and structure in the home or some blacks used skills they learned as slaves , they also used when they were freed.. Which is true.

So you have no evidence of her saying anything anti-semitic....I get upset when people spread lies

You have no Evidence of her " fanning the flames of anti semitism and not protecting jewish students."

4 hours ago, Jeromex said:

She was asked if “ calling for the genocide of jews violated her code of conduct when it threatened or harassed jewish students?”

Her response- “ it depends on the context”.

And it Does....

Its a College Campus where almost all issues from every perspective is discussed....sometimes things get heated

Was anyone killed or hurt?

Was there any property damage?

3 hours ago, Jeromex said:

Lets not forget she was also guilty of plagiarism. 

There is no "also" here ....She is not Guilty of Anti-Semitism

Claims of plagiarism....Are at best Allegations and will remain so - No statutory body has been empanelled to find guilt or innocence

The Corporation that is Harvard found No Violation or Misconduct....which is tantamount to a not guilty.

"Following an independent review, the Corporation announced that though instances of improper citations had been identified in Gay’s scholarship, they did not violate Harvard’s standards for research misconduct."

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2024/1/3/plagiarism-allegations-gay-resigns/#:~:text=Following an independent review%2C the,Harvard's standards for research misconduct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't followed the story too closely but it's clear that the right-wing wanted her out of her position.
For over a week I had been seeing stories pop up on my news feed every day from right-wing outlets targeting her over this and that.

To be honest with you, I kept seeing the word "gay" and thought it was just another ploy to promote the LGBT agenda and use a Black face to do it....lol.
And that short natural she was rocking didn't really help clarify things....lol.

I hadn't realized that it was her last name until I stopped to read a few articles.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2024 at 8:15 AM, ProfD said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2024/01/02/claudine-gay-resigns-from-harvard-why-black-excellence-is-never-enough/

While Dr. Claudine Gay seemingly survived congressional inquiry into her handling of war protests on the campus of Harvard University, she ultimately resigned under intense scrutiny from the white court of public opinion.  

Unsatisfied that Dr. Gay wasn't fired after the congressional inquiry, white folks went after her academic record claiming plagiarism in her writings. 

I find it hard to believe Dr. Gay's credentials were not verified prior to white folks allowing her to become president of one of America's most prestigious universities.

White supremacy usually breaks its tools when they no longer find them useful. Dr. Gay's resignation is a clear example of it. 

Dr. Gay will remain on the faculty of Harvard. Apparently, the plagiarism charges don't keep her from teaching. She'll just  have to move to a smaller office on campus for now. 

I don't know how many AfroAmerican students Dr. Gay was able to get admitted into Harvard during her short tenure.

An HBCU should be place that will welcome someone with Dr. Gay's credentials with open arms providing that she wants to be there.

We'll have to wait and see how comfortable Dr. Gay is with being demoted over some sh8t that she had zero control.😎

Okay, I heard about that situation, but I don't know all the details.
Are the rumours about plagiarism true, or was she fired just because of that scandal? Not to ruin the reputation of the university?
It's a complicated situation, but plagiarism is something which should never be found in any work, especially the work of a person with such a job. I'm also a student, and I need to write a lot, but I always do my best to have everything original. I also use this https://gradesfixer.com/plagiarism-checker/ because I need to be sure that when I send something, it's original, not only quality and informative. It's important for me to have a good reputation because I want to work in the educational sphere.

7 hours ago, josephinabazan said:

Okay, I heard about that situation, but don't know all the details.

Neither do I

Are the rumors about plagiarims true,

Improper Citations not Plagiarism.

To my understanding it is more a matter of the Applications of New Rules possibly regarding Attributions....which were not required when she wrote her Thesis/Doctorate - Rather than Appropriations.

or she was fired just because of that scandal?

Yes and the bru haha so rounding the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict vis a vis Free Speech....Her being label by some as Anti-Semitic..

There may also be Racism and Misogyny at play as well.

Not to ruin the reputation of the university?

No not ruin...more like besmirching