Georgia DA Fani Willis Smear Tactic

DA Fani Willis is being accused of having an improper relationship with lead prosecutor Nathan Wade:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/12/politics/nathan-wade-fani-willis-da-georgia-election-subversion-case/index.html

I know these two people didn't waste their time going to law school and getting degrees only to be dumb enough to have an affair and take trips at taxpayer expense. They wouldn't have done that and taken on a high profile care. 🤣

Hopefully, none of these allegations are true and this is just an attempt to affect the case against former POTUS.😎

I find this story VERY interesting, for multiple reasons.
So, let's look at the CNN article in the link you provided..............

Fulton County, GACNN — 

When Nathan Wade was appointed lead prosecutor in the Georgia election interference case in 2021 to prosecute former President Donald Trump, some of his closest allies, lawyers in Cobb County where Wade practiced law, universally wondered, “Why him?”

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis had the largest staff of any judicial circuit in Georgia, including salaried lawyers with more experience as felony prosecutors. Wade had once been a prosecutor briefly, but mostly handled misdemeanors and never such a high-profile case.

More than two years later, questions are surfacing about Wade’s role. One of Trump’s co-defendants facing criminal charges over efforts to overturn the 2020 election has alleged in court papers that Wade is romantically involved with Willis and used money he billed the district attorney’s office for his work on the case to take her on lavish vacations.

While the filing didn’t include direct evidence of their romantic involvement, Willis was served this week with a subpoena to appear at a deposition in Wade’s divorce proceedings.

Pallavi Bailey, a spokesperson for Willis, told CNN that the office will respond to the allegations “through appropriate court filings.”

Wade has not responded to CNN’s requests for comment and was smiling as he walked into a scheduled Friday afternoon motions hearing regarding multiple matters related to the case.

The situation has created a political firestorm for Willis, with Trump and his co-defendant arguing Wade, Willis and the entire district attorney’s office should be taken off the case. The allegations, if true, may not derail the prosecution, but multiple lawyers tell CNN that the appearance of a conflict of interest could hurt Willis’ chances of securing a conviction before a jury.

The judge overseeing the case said on Friday that he planned to hold a hearing on the allegations in early February.

Former DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James does not question Wade’s qualifications but does have concerns with Willis’ decision to bring him onto the case – if the allegations of an improper relationship hold up.

“If I had a personal relationship, I probably would have not done it,” James said in an interview with CNN, “not because there’s anything inappropriate about it, only because people will take it, twist it and make it look like there’s something inappropriate going on.”

“It’s, just politically, is not something that I think is wise,” James said.

Michael Moore, a former US Attorney in Georgia and a CNN legal analyst, said Willis should consider stepping away from the case given its high-profile nature.

“I’d tell her to get out of the case. I really think in this type of case with these allegations, this case is bigger than any one prosecutor,” Moore told CNN. “And I think probably to preserve the case to show what’s most important to her is the facts of the Trump case as opposed to her political career if you will at this moment.”

On Friday, the Republican chair of the House Judiciary Committee, Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, sent a letter requesting that Wade turn over documents and communications pertaining to the Georgia investigation into Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election.

Republicans on the Judiciary Committee have long sought to undermine the credibility of Willis’ case. Her office has rebuffed previous demands from Jordan’s asking for documents.

An undisclosed contact with White House

The allegations against Willis and Wade came in a 127-page court filing this week from Michael Roman, a former Trump 2020 campaign official who was indicted over his role in the fake electors plot in Georgia.

Trump’s team is actively considering whether to join Roman’s motion, a move that would represent a formal endorsement of its allegations about both Wade and Willis, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

But there is no sign Trump is in a rush – he can amplify these allegations publicly with little legal risk while waiting to see how the DA’s team responds, the sources said. A Cobb County court has a hearing scheduled January 31 to address Roman’s motion to unseal documents in Wade’s divorce case.

Trump and his political allies are also seizing on entries in Wade’s expense reports that show previously undisclosed contact between Fulton County prosecutors and the Biden White House, claiming they are proof of a coordinated conspiracy to tank the former president’s reelection bid.

The expense reports were included as exhibits in Roman’s filing, showing a phone call with the White House counsel’s office in May 2022 and an “interview with DC/White House” in November 2022.

White House visitor logs from November 2022 show they do not contain any entries for Nathan Wade, according to a CNN review of those records.

Sources familiar with the matter tell CNN the contacts were routine, as Willis was gathering evidence and witnesses to testify before a special grand jury as part of her investigation at that time. One source said the discussions with the White House counsel’s office were about the process for contacting former Trump White House officials.

‘That’s ridiculous’

One line item stood out to multiple lawyers who reviewed Wade’s billing document included in the motion filed by Roman: On November 5, 2021, Wade billed the Fulton County DA for 24 hours in a day at $250 per hour.

“That’s ridiculous,” Fulton County criminal defense attorney Suri Chada Jimenez told CNN. “He could have billed 12 hours at $500 and that’s more credible and along with the rate of other lawyers.”

CNN has not been able to confirm what Wade did that day, but it was almost half a year before the special purpose grand jury was empaneled with investigative powers to spearhead exploring whether crimes were committed in Georgia by Trump and his associates.

Over the past two years, Wade has earned more than $650,000 for his work on the case, according to Roman’s filing which includes invoices from Wade’s firm. The filing alleges that Wade made more than other prosecutors in the DA’s office.

“Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard because unlike us poor defense lawyers they get to take away people’s liberty,” criminal defense attorney Scott Grubman told CNN. Grubman faced off against Wade as the former defense attorney for one-time Trump co-defendant Ken Chesebro, who struck a plea deal with Willis’ team last year.

Others who know Wade and spoke to CNN on conditions of anonymity now worry the allegations could taint Fulton prosecutors’ case against Trump.

“Now, you’ve made it that much harder at having a chance at securing any sort of conviction,” a lawyer who knows Wade personally told CNN. “It’s disappointing.”

Previous missteps

This is not the first criticism of missteps against Willis and Wade to surface in the high-profile case.

In 2022, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, the judge who oversaw the initial investigation by Fulton prosecutors which lead to the historic state charges, disqualified Willis from pursuing charges against Georgia state Sen. Burt Jones, who also served as a pro-Trump fake elector. The judge’s decision came after Willis held a fundraiser for Jones’ Democratic political opponent and later informed the state Senator, he was a target of her probe.

In a court hearing on the issue, McBurney criticized Willis for hosting the fundraiser for a Democratic candidate running against one of the investigation’s potential targets.

“It’s a ‘What are you thinking?’ moment,” McBurney said. “The optics are horrific.”

And last year, multiple defendants in the election subversion case complained after they received an advertisement brochure mailer at their homes from Wade & Campbell, Nathan Wade’s Atlanta-based defense firm.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee, who oversees the Fulton case, rejected requests from several defendants in the Georgia election subversion case to have a hearing about the brochure to try to force some type of punishment.

McAfee said the incident was “embarrassing” for prosecutors, but did not find proof it was intentional. “While presumably embarrassing on the part of Special Prosecutor Wade and his firm, this case should not be sidetracked by matters which facially lack merit,” McAfee wrote in his September 2023 order.

Who is Nathan Wade

Wade’s biography on the website of his Atlanta law firm Wade & Campbell describes him as a “former prosecutor and trial attorney” who is a “skilled negotiator who knows when to take a case to trial.”

He was appointed to oversee the 2020 election subversion investigation by Willis in late 2021, as their special purpose grand jury investigation was ramping up.

Wade & Campbell’s website says the partnership focuses on personal injury, contract litigation law, family and domestic law, and criminal defense. And says that Wade serves as Associate Municipal Court Judge and Pro Has State Court Judge in Cobb County.

Manny Arora, a defense attorney who also worked with Grubman representing Chesebro before he negotiated a plea deal, told CNN he is more concerned by Wade’s “utter lack of experience” more so than the alleged affair and potential payments being made.

“The bigger concern (than the alleged affair and financial payments) is hiring an attorney to handle the biggest RICO case, possibly in the history of US jurisprudence, when that counsel has never handled a RICO case before,” Arora told CNN.

John Floyd, a lawyer with deep expertise in racketeering cases, joined Willis’ team in 2021 to focus on the Trump case as well as others, including Willis’ gang indictment against the rapper Young Thug.

Lead prosecutor in Georgia election subversion case under scrutiny over alleged affair with DA | CNN Politics

Well.....
First of all I did a brief check on both of them and it seems that Fani Willis has been divorced since 2005.

I'm still trying to determine the marital status of Nathan Wade but from what I've seen he filed for divorce back in November of 2021.

I'm not sure when these alleged affairs first began...if ever.

When Nathan Wade was appointed lead prosecutor in the Georgia election interference case in 2021 to prosecute former President Donald Trump, some of his closest allies, lawyers in Cobb County where Wade practiced law, universally wondered, “Why him?”

My question is why is CNN even BRINGING UP this question in an atmosphere of supposed "objective journalism"?
Who cares "why him"?
Did they ask these questions of the lawyers who helped prosecute Bill Cosby or Jonathan Majors?

More than two years later, questions are surfacing about Wade’s role.

And WHO'S asking these questions?

Are these questions being asked by his political enemies?

Why is CNN giving focus and attention to questions being raised about the man's obvious haters?

One of Trump’s co-defendants facing criminal charges over efforts to overturn the 2020 election has alleged in court papers that Wade is romantically involved with Willis

And ofcourse a defendant he's prosecuting will make those type of allegations.
He'll say anything to take the focus off of HIM and what HE did and put it on those prosecuting him, but again....
The question is why would CNN even entertain THEIR questions?

Do they do this with the Black defendants being prosecuted by White DA's?

When Bill Cosby or Jonathan Majors questioned the ethics of THEIR prosecutors, did CNN or other major news outlets give voice to THEIR concerns and investigate the integrity of those prosecutors?

and used money he billed the district attorney’s office for his work on the case to take her on lavish vacations.

Check out the WORDING of this accusation though!

It doesn't say he actually billed the district attorney's OFFICE for those "lavish" vacations!
It says he USED THE MONEY that he received from billing the office to go on those "lavish" vacations.

1. What kind of "objective journalism" is this when you describe someone's vacation time that they probably deserved from working long hard hours for 2 years trying to take down an oligarch like Trump, as "lavish".
As if he's some sort of dictator who is living it up on the dole of the public????

It's HIS MONEY and he EARNED it.
The man has his own fucking law firm and probably rakes in HUNDREDS of thousands of year it not over a million individually from his bids.

He didn't need that particular job to go on a "lavish" vacation.

Which brings me to my second point.........

2. How in the hell can they sit up there and PIN POINT the money he spent on a vacation as coming DIRECTLY from a particular assignment he performed???

I'm almost sure he used credit cards to pay for his trips.
I'm almost sure he didn't cash a check he got from the city of Atlanta or state of Georgia at the liquor store, stuff THAT money in his pocket, and then used THAT CASH to scoop up Fani and fly off to the Bahamas.

So how in the hell can they say it was THAT money he used????

🤔 Imagine this.......

You work a job at Cosco.
Been working there for years and get your pay deposited in your account every week.

You:
Pay the mortgage.
Buy food.
Pay your phone and other bills.
Pay the car note.
...and go to a strip club a couple times a month.

And they claim you used "Costco money" to go to a strip club and exploit naked women!
And that gives Costco the right to fire you.

COME ON MAN.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

My question is why is CNN even BRINGING UP this question in an atmosphere of supposed "objective journalism"?

CNN is definitely not objective in its journalism.

Why is CNN giving focus and attention to questions being raised about the man's obvious haters?

CNN is left-leaning and trying to slide right on the sneak tip.

2. How in the hell can they sit up there and PIN POINT the money he spent on a vacation as coming DIRECTLY from a particular assignment he performed???

Let's just hope none of it is true and that they're unsuccessful in throwing shade on these folks.😎

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

🫤 .......ummmmm, but Fani Willis is kind of a FINE sista though, lol.
Especially at 50 something.

I mean.....

Absolutely she is a fine sista. If it's true, I applaud Nate for getting at her too.

I would just hope they weren't sloppy with the evidence.😁😎

Every brutha has seen a sista like her in highschool....lol.

Fine but smart sista who sits in class and keeps quiet and focuses on doing her studies so she can bounce out of there, into some HBCU and then on to either an Ivy League school or government job.

I didn't even do any research on her but I bet she was involved in all kinds of "student this" and "student that" in highschool and college preparing herself for a leadership role later on.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:14 PM, Jeromex said:

Fani Willis has the morals of an alley cat, she is a slob. I think we can all agree on that. Nathan Wade was not qualified and he can barely be a public defender. 

Lol....both of them got more than YOU got.

Can we agree on that???

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like Fani has admitted that she shared her fanny with brotha Nathan Wade.😁

Of course, DA Willis claims there was no misappropriation of funds and that they didn't start getting down until after he got the job. 

Let's see if this whole thing changes anything about the case against former POTUS Orange Julius.😎

ProfD

This may seem like a silly question to ask, but I'm not a lawyer so I'm not sure.

So she admitted to her affair with him.
Was what she did actually ILLEGAL?

I know it may SEEM unethical.....but was it actually ILLEGAL?"

Or if it wasn't illegal did she actually VIOLATE POLICY by her affair?

If what she did wasn't illegal or a violation of policy....the entire "ethics" debate is null and void in my opinion because Trump has done so much unethical shit yet his supporters still back him regardless.
Obviously "ethics" are up for interpretation and in some cases don't even matter.

I wouldn't give a damn if the mayor of a city was fucking the chief of police...as long as the lights were on, people were working, and crime was low.

9 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

So she admitted to her affair with him.
Was what she did actually ILLEGAL?

Nope. Not at all.

I know it may SEEM unethical.....but was it actually ILLEGAL?"

Ethics is how they're trying to nail her.

If what she did wasn't illegal or a violation of policy....the entire "ethics" debate is null and void...

Right. Let's see if the nothing burger gets thrown out like trash.

I'm glad Fani and Nate were bumping and grinding especially in a place like ATL where alternative sh8t is running rampant.😁😎

ProfD

Ethics is how they're trying to nail her.

Yes, they are using "ethic probes" and "ethic investigations" all around the nation to try to get Black politicians and executives caught up in traps and removed from their positions.

This is why we need to be so engaged in making the policies and laws.

The main thing they get Black men with are sexual allegations.
They know that we are sexual beings by nature and that women naturally find us attractive and sexual so the racists in power try to use that to THEIR advantage by trying to demonize and outlaw sexual activity.

I bet if Fani was in a sexual relationship with another WOMAN there would be no investigation.

especially in a place like ATL where alternative sh8t is running rampant.

I remember going to Atlanta and checking in a hotel and right next to the Yellow Pages were the RAINBOW PAGES.
A list of all the LGBT spots around the Atlanta area....lol.

And it was actually THICKER than the Yellow Pages book.

I didn't really listen to what was being said because to be honest, I'm not THAT interested anyway.
I just saw clips of her while she was testifying.

That woman is as fine as wine....lol.

It's obviously a witch hunt to remove her from the case and punish her for going against Trump.
Why so many in the media and especially Democrats aren't calling it what it is is a bit puzzling.

What is even more puzzling is why these women's groups aren't coming to her defense!

Seems to me the only time they want to run to a woman's defense is:

a) If it's a White woman

or

b) If it's a Black woman who was wronged by a Black man, but not by a White man.

Yep. It's definitely a politically motivated witch hunt.

DA Fani Willis has a net worth of $8M. She didn't need for Nate Wade or anybody else to pay for her on a trip.🤣

To Democrats and pro-Women's groups and everybody else who pretends to be an ally, they're silent because Black folks are their tools. Eventually, those tools get broken.😎

• Like 1

Smh. Will folks ever learn? "Never have your honey where you make your money." When issues arise,  this always taints your credibility.  Good thing Fani wasn't prosecuting Trump for sexual misbehavior. His legal team could've  chanted "it takes one to know one". 

Fani's father got it right when he told her "a man is not a plan." 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:47 PM, aka Contrarian said:

Smh. Will folks ever learn? "Never have your honey where you make your money." When issues arise,  this always taints your credibility.

True. Problem is Fani's fanny is getting up there in years. Also, she's living in a city where men are slim pickings. If she's too busy with her job to find a partner, close to home will have to be good enough. 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:47 PM, aka Contrarian said:

Fani's father got it right when he told her "a man is not a plan." 

The words are true. Dad guided her well. Fani doesn't need a man for security.

Apparently, the money doesn't take care of whatever is going on with Fani's hormones though.😁

When Fani needs an oil change dad's teaching amd guidance flew out the window.🤣😎