NYC's NYPD cost the city and state alot of money but should it be more?

do you know a black owned marijuana business in the city where you live?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are the settlements too low in NYC for those falsely imprisoned?

• yes
    • no

ProfD

The generations who received their teachings and messages figured AfroAmericans were better off with integration and civil rights and affirmative action.

Well, to be honest brutha I'm having THIRD thoughts about those programs now.

I had SECOND thoughts about them years ago when I thought that they were really used to trick Black folks and make our people think they were really being accepted into society.

Now, that's not my focus.

Perhaps they were, but I look at how many OTHER groups of color have benefited from integration and the Civil Rights movement and Affirmative Action programs and am beginning to wonder if THEY are the problem or some of our people the real problem as to why they haven't benefited much.

The fact is SOME of our people...many...actually have benefited from these programs.
So I wouldn't reverse them or get rid of them.

Integration (so-called) didn't FORCE Black folks to give up their land and businesses.
Many of them CHOSE to....and support White businesses.
I can't blame integration for that because nobody forced them to shut down their own hotels and grocery stores.

White women benefited more from Affirmative Action than our people because they HELPED EACHOTHER when they got into positions from it.
Did we do the same?
So now I can't even get angry over Affirmative Action because it did what it was supposed to do....did we?

Over the several decades, there's been no shortage of brilliant AfroAmericans who have matriculated through institutions of higher learning and they've pursued all types of careers.

True.
We have a lot of brilliant minds.

Many of them are working for White folks because our people don't have enough institutions ourselves to provide them with decent well beneficial employment.

IMO, AfroAmericans do not lack intelligence or work ethic. There's no vision plan or design for what we need. Theres no champion or leadership.

Some do....some don't.
Those are just the facts.
Some of our people are just plain stupid...dumb.
No way of getting around this.

In my opinion, the best strategy is to make a way for them to sustain themselves or sustain them if they are to the point of intellectual disability.
But the intelligent of our people MUST take charge of the community.

AfroAmericans can cover every position on the team. We just need motivation and incentive.

Most smart people tend to ALREADY be motivated and driven based on the needs they see around them.

Why does a community with failing schools where the ceiling and walls are crumbling and their is no toilet paper in the stalls need MORE of an incentive to roll up their sleeves and build their own schools and educate their own children?

You can't motivate a ZOMBIE.
Don't even waste your time.

At some point we MUST organize the few among us and move on.

I bet we could get a whole bunch of those same lazy people to work on building that hospital or school just by dangling a lucrative hourly rate.

You dangle money infront of the WRONG nicca and that hospital you want built will be needed sooner than you think....lol.

That's why I keep telling richardmurray that the police are NEEDED in our community.
Preferably a Black police force but if Black men don't want to stand up....WHO'S gonna do it????
Somebody has to keep order in the community and atleast PRETEND like they're protecting the children.
It's a damn shame White men have to do it so often when we know they aren't sincere about keeping it safe.

But to your point about paying them a good wage............

Some....yes.
But most of them wouldn't work if you paid them $100 an hour.

Put them on the site and some tools in their hand and promise them $100 an hour plus bonuses for completing the project early and......

Come back next week the tools are gone, blood is all over the construction site, and the police has the entire place taped off.

We gotta leave dead weight behind bro......

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now, that's not my focus.

Perhaps they were, but I look at how many OTHER groups of color have benefited from integration and the Civil Rights movement and Affirmative Action programs...

No doubt. Many Black folks benefited from those programs. Even more white women and others benefitted too.

Integration (so-called) didn't FORCE Black folks to give up their land and businesses.

Many of them CHOSE to....and support White businesses.

True. They didn't understand or realize how detrimental it would be to having a solid economic infrastructure. 

White women benefited more from Affirmative Action than our people because they HELPED EACHOTHER when they got into positions from it.
Did we do the same?

Yep. As much as we were allowed to do so. Again, it's harder to make Chess moves when you don't own the board. 

We have a lot of brilliant minds.

Many of them are working for White folks because our people don't have enough institutions ourselves to provide them with decent well beneficial employment.

Correct. At the same time Black folks were encouraged to get an education we should have been able to employ them.

Some of our people are just plain stupid...dumb.

No way of getting around this.

Your point is made in this regard.

Just as there's a talented 10%, there will be a challenged 10% and the other 80% will run the gamut.

But the intelligent of our people MUST take charge of the community.

Somebody has to take the lead. Osmosis doesn't work. 

Most smart people tend to ALREADY be motivated and driven based on the needs they see around them.

They have moved to places that well established.

Why does a community with failing schools where the ceiling and walls are crumbling and their is no toilet paper in the stalls need MORE of an incentive to roll up their sleeves and build their own schools and educate their own children?

Lack of leadership. The smartest people have left.

You can't motivate a ZOMBIE.
Don't even waste your time.

At some point we MUST organize the few among us and move on.

Folks have moved on to better communities.

It's a damn shame White men have to do it so often when we know they aren't sincere about keeping it safe.

White folks created the laws but they're not keeping Black communities safe.

In fact, white folks have created conditions to stir up crime which feeds into their system.

Put them on the site and some tools in their hand and promise them $100 an hour plus bonuses for completing the project early and......

Come back next week the tools are gone, blood is all over the construction site, and the police has the entire place taped off.

Obviously, it would take strong Black men to insure everything stays on point. 

We gotta leave dead weight behind bro......

Sure. In some cases, nothing can be done. But, I've heard that a stronger hand can even raise the dead. 😎

@ProfD I must add, not all black leaders in the past defined have our own the same way. the young web dubois was preaching hyper integration, so was frederick douglass his whole life. Again why Douglass was booed in his composite america speech facing a crowd of black people. I argued and I argue that black leaders in the past, while all wanted black betterment did not preach the same definition of what black betterment is. and that multivision, yes not division, multivision, has maintained in the black populace in the usa ever since. 

Frederick Douglass's definition of black betterment didn't include black financially independent towns or black people leaving the usa to other places regardless of the situation. 

Booker t washington's definition of black betterment didn't include phenotypically integrated work spaces

WEB DUbois the younger's definition of black betterment didn't include financial aid for the black poor. 

Marcus Garvey's definition of black betterment didn't include staying in the usa or any country mostly populated by whites or dominated by a white minority, ala the jamaica he came from. 

Nat Turner again , in the same time frame, yes killed for obvious reasons :)  but his definition of black betterment didn't include blacks living peacefully side whites

Remember all five of these leaders had cultural adherents in the black populace as they did live at the same time. 

And the same goes for later generations of black leaders in the black populace in the usa, the 60s especially,  Malcolm X/MLK jr/Fred Hampton all wanted black betterment but didn't have the same definition and the variances in definition matter.

Now why say this ?

When black people in the usa talk about our forebears we tend to name the ones that suit our philosophy but not name the others who don't but mention the whole as a unified mind. When they were not. I just gave two examples. 

So, all of us, including me, have to realize when we talk about the village, it has different tribes within and these tribes sometimes don't have a way to mix, but all tribes have presence today.

When you look at the black elected official class, they are the best embodiment of frederick douglass's definition. They don't do for black people, they are trying to make the ideal of the usa be true, which they feel is best for all. And have a larger populace than ever before. 

When you look at Historical Black colleges, as in the time of Booker T Washington they still get financed by whites for the most part, while are still overwhelmingly black educational spaces, and  as all are southern are equivalent to black towns in the south but are financially better off and foster greater education.And have a more stronger internal community than ever before. 

When you look at the black wealthy in the usa, they are the embodiment of Dubois when younger talented tenth, even more evolved, and like Dubois when younger many of them have a positive taste  for white european culture or peoples but are wealtheir than ever before. 

When you look at Black people who leave the usa for black countries that is the first step in garveyism and every year after he was forced out of the usa, blacks in the usa, have always left or returned to somewhere black outside the usa with a positive footing. Saturating the black countries outside the usa not just in africa but in the caribbean, with a mind to complete freedom for black people.

When you look at Black people who commit violent responses to white power that is the embodiment of Turner. And every year since he has died some black people have reached a tipping point with the white populace and even if alone, have exacted their revenge. 

And, these are not the only tribes. The black christian tribe. The black muslim tribe. The black nationalist tribe. The black republican tribe. And with immigration the Black latino tribe. The black asian tribe, have grown and have their own positions which are unique to them. 

In my mind the problem is too many black people criminalize blacks who are in other tribes. The one thing that I think all black people in the usa can accept is that the  black village in the usa has many tribes and all of them have the right to grow. yes, all of them. yes, the black militant. Just because I am not one to join the blacks who want to kill all the whites doesn't mean I think them crazy or stupid or foolish. The Black past in the usa is open to all interpretations. And, I don't see anything wrong by a black person saying they are in a blood feud with whites. It doesn't mean I Will join them but I don't see any incorrectness in their path. It has merit.  In the same way black people wanting to be presidents or governors has merit. And I will not join them either. 

So, when we black folks in the usa talk of our forebears , lets be specific, don't try to make them a unified set cause they were not and our leaders today are not. They had varying positions , all valid. Wish all black people well. Hope the best for them. and to those blacks who are similar minded, focus on your tribe in the village 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

I must add, not all black leaders in the past defined have our own the same way.  

So, all of us, including me, have to realize when we talk about the village, it has different tribes within and these tribes sometimes don't have a way to mix, but all tribes have presence today.

Right.

Black folks in the USA are not a monolithic group of people. Same goes for Black folks everywhere. 

The common enemy to ALL Black people regardless of class, creed, station or location on the planet is the system of racism white supremacy.😎

@ProfD  I think 99% of black people in humanity know tribes exist in the black village and have a local white populace as a historic enemy. I think 99% of black people know the solutions for black people in one geographic location rarely match another location. 

The issue of contention is the idea that black tribes must have common ground to cooperate with each other and as I said, I don't think that is true. Some tribes can cooperate, like black donkeys side black elephants in the usa. But how can black militants in the usa cooperate with black nonviolent vowing christians? no way exist and that isn't negative or a failing among black people, merely the truth that fate has brought.

This is why I tend to ask in AALBC, who is your tribe? In the same way that I am connected with you, Profd, pioneer, troy and the others in this online community into an online tribe, aalbc, offline you,  Profd, or pioneer or troy aren't in my offline tribe. And that isn't bad, that is merely a truth of fate. 

But often when i ask on here, what are you doing with like mindeds offline i get no response. all black people in the usa  have to embrace their tribes more.

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

The issue of contention is the idea that black tribes must have common ground to cooperate with each other and as I said, I don't think that is true. 

But how can black militants in the usa cooperate with black nonviolent vowing christians? 

Common interests could lead to cooperation which starts with communication. 

Strategic alliances are often built on common interests moreso than friendship or shared ideologies.

If a tribe doesn't need any help reaching its goals and/or protecting itself there's nothing wrong with being an island.😎

• Like 1

What are Black militants actually DOING that they need cooperation with?

The root of the word cooperation is "operation"....which means to execute or carry out action.
What actions are the so-called Black militants in the U.S. carrying out?