No, honey. AA LITERATURE does not belong with smut.

books by Bebe Moore Campbell, Jewell Parker Rhodes, Toni Morrison, James Baldwin, Hurston, and Wright are mixed with and hidden behind the poorly with smut.

Every time I've been to Barnes and Noble, the books have been arranged on the narrow shelves with their spines facing outwards. There isn't room to put one row of books behind another. And they're in alphabetical order within each section.

My bad. Its Borders now, not B&N. They changed it to Borders a few years ago and I always forget.

To everything else--WUT? What does Kolan or Belafonte have to do with my craptastic bookstore?

LOL! I love that you never stop trying. You are adorable in that way.

Guest Chris Hayden

1. You do know, don't you that every writer you named has been accused of peddling smut (add also books like Lady Chatterley's Lover, Ulysees, Naked Lunch, et al.

2. How do you KNOW they were smut? You read them? Or did you realize this by osmosis?

3. Pat Robertson has a nice little bookstore, I believe, where you could keep your hands and mind clean.

My bad. Its Borders now, not B&N. They changed it to Borders a few years ago and I always forget.

It's been a Borders store for somewhere between four-and-a-half to five years, according to archived versions of the mall's directory.

If you really lived in Hartford and had really patronized a different bookstore in that location when you were in your early teens, it would not have been a Barnes & Noble, but rather a Waldenbooks -- which is what the 2005 directory says the Borders used to be. You keep striking out on your attempts to construct a believable story, but you are obviously powerless to stop.

Your impersonation of a real-life teenage girl takes this in a very troubling direction. Very troubling.

Guest Erzulie_Danto

The Borders in Westfarms Mall in CT is right next to Nordstroms. I'm not stupid and I'm not making shit up here. If you're trying to catch me in a lie, you can just stop it right now.

You know what? How about tomorrow when I can get my hands on a webcam, I'll upload a video of myself where I personally address you and show you that I'm not a troll? I'll even throw my ID picture into the deal and everything. Because I don't need you coming at me at every turn, telling me that I'm a liar. Is that cool with you Mr/Ms. Bookfan.

You know what, bookfan? I have an idea about how we can end this whole troll/impersonation business right now. Pop back to this thread at about 1:20-1:30pm tomorrow on Sunday. By then, I'll be able to get my hands on a webcam and upload a video of myself personally addressing you and this issue, with my school ID thrown into the mix and everything. Then will you address the issue I actually brought up in my thread instead of harping off about unfinished business you have with somebody else? Please?

LMAO. :lol: This I gotta see. Is there no end to your chicanery?

Instead of being non-plussed and clueless about the suspicious over your being a troll, it's like you were anticipating challenges as you immediately shifted into the defense posture you are so adept at executing because you have to rely it so often inasmuch as somebody is always outing you.

Mount Holyoke, my ass. Did you even finish highschool. You probably got your GED while you were in the nut house. :P

What would you do without the _ insertion which allows you to use different user names on the same IP and you probably have a collection of lap tops, photo shop soft ware and flunkies as looney as you to do your bidding.

I came here to talk literature....

You came here to beat the Kola Boof drum.

The first thing you did in this new persona was pick for your user name a black mother-goddess who "has been known to wreak a terrible vengeance on those [black] men who abuse [black] women."

The very first post from this obvious sock puppet was on one of Kola Boof's greatest obsessions: the superlative quality of Kola Boof's singing voice.

Although your first post praised a 10-minute video that summarizes the Kola Boof story, when you were later called out you asked in faux ignorance, "Who is Kolan?", and claimed that what you're really here for is to whip up "outrage" over the fact that some books were touching other books.

That student should get a restraining order.

I'm deleting this after a day, so I hope you see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8eGbErOwI4

THERE. Face, ID and all. I can't impersonate what I am and for the last time---I DON'T KNOW WHO KOLA BOOF IS. I know nobody here. I'm anal about how books are treated and I wanted to rant about the poor management of the African American Literature section. That's it. Will you please stop riding me now?

You better delete that phony unsynchronized video after a day before you get caught. (Surely a 19 year old girl could find something better to do in life besides spazz out over a book store.)

Your sock puppet characters just don't ring true. They reek with the ficticious contrivance that they are. You're more than anal, you are a narcisisstic psychopath, KOLA. :lol:

What is that matter with you? I showed you my face. I showed you my ID. You can see both clearly. I care about books. I live and breathe books. I don't care what career I have as long as I get to be around books. That makes me a bibliophile, not a sockpuppet. If you're not a troll, then you're just being a jerk. Or a psychopath. I still haven't determined which.

I skimmed through the old forums. On almost every thread the two of you posted on, you would both would derail the thread into a a full blown verbal slug fest. I'm not down for that. I don't know if you're suffering from argument withdrawal or if you miss going back and forth with her, but I'm not going to role-play and be replacement goldfish because your arch-nemesis decided to up and dump you. I. Am. Not. Kola. Get a grip, let it go, and stay away from any threads with my name on it if you're going to keep acting simple. Its that simple. The same goes for bookfan if he/she still hasn't wrapped his/her head around the situation.

Harass me with this again and I'll report you.

Oh shut up, you idiot. You don't have to warn me to stay away from your posts. I'm really not interested in anything further you have to say, anyway, - Kola. :lol: I've heard it all before. So report me. :P

Now can we talk about my jenky bookstore, please? I started this thread because I was upset that a BOOKSTORE mistreated its literature and wanted to hear some outrage about it, not so that it could devolve into all this.

Thanks for clearing that up.

But seriously, you should not be doing this. Posting names and photos and tagging them with "bipolar disorder" is a very bad idea. It is naive to think anything can be deleted from the Internet.

The Borders at the Westfarms Mall doesn't even have any James McBride books...so what is the point of your original complaint?

gallery_86_3_4393.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up.

But seriously, you should not be doing this. Posting names and photos and tagging them with "bipolar disorder" is a very bad idea. It is naive to think anything can be deleted from the Internet.

The Borders at the Westfarms Mall doesn't even have any James McBride books...so what is the point of your original complaint?

Photo-shop offers an online step-by-step tutorial on how to create a cyber person. Trolls have come into their own, enabled by virtual reality technology. Mischief cruises the internet highway.

I skimmed through the old forums. On almost every thread the two of you posted on, you would both would derail the thread into a a full blown verbal slug fest. I'm not down for that. I don't know if you're suffering from argument withdrawal or if you miss going back and forth with her, but I'm not going to role-play and be replacement goldfish because your arch-nemesis decided...............

Harass me with this again and I'll report you.

Um, I think you need to stop at this juncture my friend. You have been outed and exposed. There is no point in carrying on like you are. It's pathetic. Show some personal dignity and just STOP. My God woman, are you that desperate?

I swear to God I hate the Internet sometimes.

Look, Mister. I've shown my face. I let them hear my voice. I told you my name and told you that I had a Facebook. I gave you my email address (which you cannot get unless you are a student) and I've just been waiting for somebody from this site to email me. Nobody has. Boxing out my face and crossing out my eyes and mouth doesn't prove anything except the fact that I still don't look a damn thing like the person I'm accused of being. I've done all I can short of giving you my home address to try and drive home the fact that I'm myself. And I keep getting the stupidest reasons why I'm phony too.

"What Black 19 year old actually gives a shit about books? LOL."

Genius.

If you're not going to listen fine. If you're not going to use your eyes or stretch those common sense muscles, fine. No worries. I shouldn't have even let it get this out of control or bother me this much. Think whatever you want to think. I'm not going to stress it anymore.

Seriously though, dude. Drop the Idiot Ball. It isn't a good look.

Gee, is this the fragile college coed who was so intimidated and overwhelmed by her first year at Mt. Holyoke that she had a nervous breakdown and had to drop out because she couldn't cope??? Is this the malfunctioning bi-polar person telling others to "get a grip" and to "drop the idiot ball"?? Puleeze. Your "dialogue" is inappropriate for your "character". And the charade continues. LMAO :lol:

• Like 1

I swear to God I hate the Internet sometimes.

Look, Mister. I've shown my face. I let them hear my voice. I told you my name and told you that I had a Facebook. I gave you my email address (which you cannot get unless you are a student) and I've just been waiting for somebody from this site to email me. Nobody has. Boxing out my face and crossing out my eyes and mouth doesn't prove anything except the fact that I still don't look a damn thing like the person I'm accused of…………………

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! This is hilarious. Listen sweetie, you’re the one who is having a temper tantrum because people question you –not me! If you have a point, make it and move on. All the histrionics and whining for approval and recognition is not necessary. Your comments and posts are welcomed and encouraged. But your teenage drama and hysterical pleading for approval (or whatever you are desperate for) is unwarranted. Just make your point or commentary and be done with it. Ok.....?

Gee, is this the fragile college coed who was so intimidated and overwhelmed by her first year at Mt. Holyoke that she had a nervous breakdown and had to drop out because she couldn't cope??? Is this the malfunctioning bi-polar person telling others to "get a grip" and to "drop the idiot ball"?

hahaha-024.gif

Your "dialogue" is inappropriate for your "character".

That's a nice line. Somebody needs to refer to their story bible. As Erzulie is saying in another thread:

"Where a show might have a lot of details, there can sometimes be a book which contains rules about the show, backstory, forbidden interactions, etc. that book is referred to as the show's Bible."

This certainly does resemble a soap opera. Hmmm....soap opera. Who have I seen write about soap opera writing and story bibles on Thumper's Corner? :)

That's a nice line. Somebody needs to refer to their story bible. As Erzulie is saying in another thread:

"Where a show might have a lot of details, there can sometimes be a book which contains rules about the show, backstory, forbidden interactions, etc. that book is referred to as the show's Bible."

This certainly does resemble a soap opera. Hmmm....soap opera. Who have I seen write about soap opera writing and story bibles on Thumper's Corner? :)

Bookfan, I copied and pasted "the bible stuff" off another website. The link for Television tropes and idioms is at the very top of the page. Pay attention.

I've only been a member of this site for a very short time and since my first post, anything with my screen name attached has either been ignored or subject to contentions that I want no part in. I tried to prove my identity because a member went on a hunch and tried to engage me in a conversation he had with another woman, ran with it, people are starting to get in on the witch hunt, and amour propre is a bitch. This is the kind of petty, exclusionary bullshit you'd expect in a high school cafeteria. If I had a shred of patience inside of me, I wouldn't…….

You don’t get it do you? We know who you are yet you still persist with this psycho-rues. Tell you what, let’s assume you are who you say you are. It changes nothing! You still frantically bang out one dopey rebuttal after another in a desperate attempt to change the readers minds (which is not going to happen) and then throw temper tantrums when someone disagrees with you. Now, if this behavior is indicative of your mental state of mind in school, no wonder you had to leave. You’re dysfunctional and your compulsive noodlings have documented it. Sorry, but I can’t say it any other way without compromising the truth…..

ORLY, Mister Xeon? May I remind you that I warned this board that I was "dysfunctional" when I came here? Cyclothymia is to blame for any "compulsive noodlings" I dish out--for at least a little while to come. You really aren't hurting my feelings by pointing it out. You're just making yourself look like an insensitive ass. :(

I've given you a mountain of evidence in my favor. I've given you my face. My voice. My Facebook. An .edu address that requires you to be either a member of the faculty or a student (and I don't think that Kola's so tight that she can just demand a school to give her rights to an ID for a school that she doesn't belong to). And yet, you still carry on with this. You've made absolutely no attempt to contact me via my address, or view my webpage. What the hell will it take? I can't give you my home address or my phone number. You've done nothing but tell me that you know who I am when you really don't (which is a really bizarre experience). My question is this: If you're so sure that I'm a lying weasel, then why have you made absolutely no attempt to check out any of my sources? If you don't want to use your real email address to contact me--use a jenky yahoo account or just wait for me to get you back. I check my email every four hours on the hour, so you won't long be missed (I've also been checking to see if anybody from this site bothered emailing me, but alas!). Same thing for the Facebook account. Better yet, just ask the guy who runs the website to check my shit out. I did register this account on my school email address, so that would be helpful.

But you ain't gonna do that, are you? Nope. You're going to sit and contemplate some snotty snarky remark to type and ignore everything else that I wrote because you suffer from a vicious case of selective obliviousness. You're the type that ignores anything and everything that's to the contrary of what you believe to be true, no matter how weak the foundation of the belief, no matter how logical the evidence that undermines it. Because you like heckling people you think are stupid or who you believe to phony, and being outed as wrong ruins all your fun. (And yes, I can already tell how predictable you are.)

Seriously. Back out of this gracefully or be a man and admit that you're wrong. You're grating on my nerves.

Boy, this 19 year old girl really astounds. Sooooo articulate. Hard to believe she's a seven sister fugitive. Puleeze. Her clever patented dialogue, is just that; clever patented dialogue, - words that an author would put into the mouth of a character.

I agree with Xeon; "methinks the lady doeth protest too much". Too eager to present the trumped-up evidence she has compiled. Talk about somebody grating on people's nerves. Why doesn't the flake just give up and play out her designated role, which will gradually become evident. Ho-Hum. :o

Too bad ol Erzie doesn't have the money to attend the Black writers conference in Harlem so she can introduce herself to Troy. Maybe she can borrow the money from Nafisa Goma. But I'll bet she'll attend Kola's book event. How can she not??? LMAO. :lol:

Okay, seriously? I just had to see this for myself after this topic on TVTropes. I didn't think it could be as bad as Erzulie said, but it's true! You really are derailing this topic over baseless accusations of being a sock puppet! You'll reach for any reason, no matter how absurd, to try to justify this belief! Protest too much? How about blame the victim too much? Really, what business is it whether someone is who they say they are on the Internet? If you've got real evidence of fraudulent claims or use of an account, let an administrator handle it. Beyond that, please drop the subject, as I'm already sick of reading and thinking about it.

Guest Erzulie_Danto

And Xeon.

If you're going to insult somebody and play the "Surly Intellectual", do me a favor and pick up a dictionary. Because I can't take anyone who spells the word "ruse" incorrectly seriously.

Guest Guest of Action

You posters are incredibly arrogant for harassing someone because they claim to be below the drinking age. A troll does not go to a website and starts threads about a legitimate topic. They purposefully post instigative remarks. Placement of books is a legitimate complaint and not something very instigative.

Frankly, I am appalled you can even call yourself bibliophiles. All you are, are a bunch of elitists. Books have been written for all ages. I started reading before I went to elementary school, and many others did the same thing. It's what you could call, an extremely common occurrence.

What's so hard to believe about a nineteen year old bibliophile? I've met younger that did nothing but read. I've met older too. Reading is a universal hobby that transcends all boundaries. Maybe you guys should try and remember that next time you post.

You posters are incredibly arrogant for harassing someone because they claim to be below the drinking age. A troll does not go to a website and starts threads about a legitimate topic. They purposefully post instigative remarks. Placement of books is a legitimate complaint and not something very instigative.

Frankly, I am appalled you can even call yourself bibliophiles. All you are, are a bunch of elitists. Books have been written for all ages. I started reading before I went to elementary school, and many others did the same thing. It's what you could call, an extremely common occurrence.

What's so hard to believe about a nineteen year old bibliophile? I've met younger that did nothing but read. I've met older too. Reading is a universal hobby that transcends all boundaries. Maybe you guys should try and remember that next time you post.

What's all this drivel about??? Not one word of it is relevant or makes any sense. Who's knockin books or book lovers? And who says there's a law against ridiculing creations like Erzuwhoever, who seems to be joined at the hip with any poster who pops up and defends her. If you're so interested in what goes on here, why don't you become a member. Why are you posting as a guest? . Is your IP too bogged down with other identites???? LMAO :lol:

Guest Xavier

It really just seems like you're grasping at straws in your accusing. I don't see anything she's done to deserve the way you've been acting toward her. Do you just need a punching bag or something?

Guest Karlz Belena

Coming in from the above-mentioned TVTropes thread, and I hope to God you all realize you're disgusting excuses for human beings. Can you get over your stupid and baseless vendetta and act like rational people? No, you can't, because you'd rather have a target to harass than any legitimate discussion. You're a bunch of schoolyard bullies. You have no right to call yourselves adults.

Coming in from the above-mentioned TVTropes thread, and I hope to God you all realize you're disgusting excuses for human beings. Can you get over your stupid and baseless vendetta and act like rational people? No, you can't, because you'd rather have a target to harass than any legitimate discussion. You're a bunch of schoolyard bullies. You have no right to call yourselves adults.

And the hydra headed troll lives on, "guests" playing musical chairs, alternating in syncopated concert, all a part of the same posting equation, still trying to hood wink the board, becoming more boring than amusing. Yawnnnnn. :o

BTW, there are no bullies here. Just folks who value honest authenticity.

Guest Xavier

I'll just go out on a limb here and assume you're not completely paranoid out of your damn mind. Can you tell me exactly why you think she's a troll? Meaning, actual reasons, not just repeating the same "sophisticated" mocking like you have been.

Also, a word of advice; overusing big words doesn't make you seem any more intelligent, you preschoolers.

I too came here from Tvtropes. If anything you pretentious pricks haven't show any proof as to why you think she is a sockpuppet. Why, hm? Are you all just so big in the head, no that's not it. You guys are just prime examples of GIFT, I would be surprised if you "sophisticated" bibliophiles didn't know what that meant. Don't you have anything better to do? Acting like a prick on the net does not make you any cooler, your Pen is not getting any bigger.

Guest Brotron

Hm... so, a random girl gets accused of sockpuppeting? You know who else accused people of sockpuppeting? HITLER!!!

At long last, I have finally figured it out. This site is being used as a cover for a white supremacist conspiracy! The signs are all clear. You're using tactics very similar to what the Third Reich did, and as we all know, anyone who uses tactics similar to the Third Reich is obviously a nazi. And the leader of the conspiracy must be this eighty-year-old woman I've been hearing stuff about. She's of the right age to have been brainwashed... BY HITLER!!! And what other eighty-year-olds use the internet for anything except trying to create a new Hitler Youth?

I have to admit, using an African-American forum as a cover for your KKK-esque activities was a clever idea. But not clever enough to fool me!

Yawnnnnn.

So you're the eighty-year-old lady who served in the Hitler Youth! I don't need any proof to say this, of course, because it's obvious (only old people get tired during forum discussions!). Just as this girl being a troll is obvious with no clear evidence, so is the fact that you were a NAZI!!!

Guest Dudeborn

And the hydra headed troll lives on, "guests" playing musical chairs, alternating in syncopated concert, all a part of the same posting equation, still trying to hood wink the board, becoming more boring than amusing. Yawnnnnn.

Wow, dismissiveness. That's such a great comeback.

Hm... so, a random girl gets accused of sockpuppeting? You know who else accused people of sockpuppeting? HITLER!!!

At long last, I have finally figured it out. This site is being used as a cover for a white supremacist conspiracy! The signs are all clear. You're using tactics very similar to what the Third Reich did, and as we all know, anyone who uses tactics similar to the Third Reich is obviously a nazi. And the leader of the conspiracy must be this eighty-year-old woman I've been hearing stuff about. She's of the right age to have been brainwashed... BY HITLER!!! And what other eighty-year-olds use the internet for anything except trying to create a new Hitler Youth?

I have to admit, using an African-American forum as a cover for your KKK-esque activities was a clever idea. But not clever enough to fool me!

So you're the eighty-year-old lady who served in the Hitler Youth! I don't need any proof to say this, of course, because it's obvious (only old people get tired during forum discussions!). Just as this girl being a troll is obvious with no clear evidence, so is the fact that you were a NAZI!!!

Yada, Yada, Yada, blah, blah, blah. I don't owe you carpetbagger clones any explanations. You're not members here, so you are not entitled to make demands and all of your baiting will go for naught.

But do feel free to continue splitting out like amebas, doing your tag team thing in tandem. Whatever. I'm done with enabling your nonsense. You're really a waste of my time. Knock yourself out. Pun intended. :P