Echelon/Prism and the Collective Stupidity of America

CBS 60 Minutes broadcast a segment about the Echelon Network back in 2000. They told about how the NSA monitors ALL electronic communications. Worldwide. It is my understanding that Echelon has been in use since the 1960s and possibly even earlier than that.

But now it's OMG! the U.S. Government is listening in on my telephone conversations with my grandmother and reading my texts and e-mails. And as usual, it's all OBAMA's fault. He's stealing our freedoms and stomping on the Constitution.  Again.

Clownie bozos like Ron Paul, Hannity and all the rest know good and well that this eavesdropping business has been going on since the beginning of time.

Wake up people. Echelon Network. 60 Minutes. Google it.  

And have a NICE DAY  :)

Obama is the captive of his office.  Back in 2007 he spoke out against the Big Brother spectre of government invading our privacy on all levels,  and promised to oppose this.  Now, because it's supposedly in the national interest he has been cornered into defending this surveillance policy.

Our "esteemed" president is  the object of both the adoration and scorn that come with the territory, and is currently reduced to bearing the awesome responsibility of keeping the seat warm for the next puppet elected to  maintain the agendas of corporate American and the military industrial complex.  Rubbing controversial Attorney General, Eric Holder, in the faces of Republic senators and appointing the much maligned Susan Rice to a position that requires no senate confirmation are his current consolation prizes.  

His legacy will be a lack luster one but a few rewards await him. In the future, his wife can go back to shopping at Target, and he can resume his pick-up basketball games.  So much for the experiment of a black presidency.

• Like 1

Mzuri

You make a number of excellent points that I EXPECTED to hear from the Left and Democrats during this current and long overdue so-called "privacy" debate and controversy.

These agencies have been spying on people since they had the technology to do so and the Patriot Act passed by a REPUBLICAN Congress under a REPUBLIC President just gave them the legal right to do so.

But all of a sudden with a Black man in office they decide to wake up and get angry about it.

It seems like everything that was ever wrong with America or the government didn't really matter until Obama got in office, now they want to make everything right and restore the Republic....lol.

This.....along with the IRS and Bengazi "scandals" are  just more tactics from the Right Wing to smear Obama and his legacy.

"...keeping the seat warm for the next puppet elected  selected to maintain the agendas of corporate American and the military industrial complex"  'Nuff Said, though "corporate America" and "military industrial complex" are redundant.

The satelites that make mobiles, GPS, and telecommunications possible are also used for the military. Which is why China and the Russians have launched their own satellites. Also the internet is built on a military platform. I believe it was called Arpanet or Arapanet.