WAR IN THE STREETS,FERGURSON,MISSOURI/

AFTER    THE  WHITE  POLICE    DELIBERATELY  MURDERED   MICHAEL  BROWN,NOW  THEY SEEM TO  BE   READY TO  HAVE   WAR BATTLE  AGAINST  THE  BLACK    PEOPLE IN FERGURSON,MISSOURI/WHITE  POLICE    WITH  MILITARY  OUTFITS,WITH  SUB MACHINE  GUNS,AKA  RIFLES,  AIMING  AT  THE    PEOPLE  PROTESTING///U.S.  GOVERNMENT  SO  CONCERNED  ABOUT     ISRAEL  PEOPLE,IRAQ   REFUGEES  FLEEING   WAR,BUT  A  BLACK  MALE  CANNOT  WALK  DOWN  THE  STREET   WITHOUT  BEING   RACIALLY  PROFILED  OR SHOT  DOWN..//PRESIDENT   OBAMA  AND  THE  U.S.  GOVERNMENT  CONCERNED  ABOUT ETHNIC   MINORITIES   IN   IRAQ   FLEEING TERROR/ ETHNIC    MINORITIES  AND  ETHNIC CLEANSING  IN  THIS  COUNTRY/WHAT MORE DO  BLACK PEOPLE  NEED TO  HAVE  UNITY////.//

I can't say I support the looting of stores.

When people begin to loot and steal in mass numbers, sometimes it takes away from the credibility of their cause and concerns.

However, atleast this civil disturbance will bring attention to the clearly racist disparity in the law enforcement of that town.

How does a mostly Black town end up with an almost all White police force?

"fiscally content blacks," sadly, are often part of the problem.

If I had more time I'd really get into it.  But I believe that unless we get this group of "fiscally content blacks," involved in creating solutions, rather than striving for the acceptance and approval of the one percent, nothing will change. 

In the short term, I'd be happy if we could get the "fiscally content blacks," to just give a damn about the majority of the other Back folks.

Everyone is trying to get by. How many people that work say they have extra time. I admire people who donate their time, money and/or energy to a cause. Even more so when they are not the beneficiaries. I think the bigger issue id economic disparity. Which is becoming a global issue. Which if not rectified will lead to a revolution.

There is an admonition that can be applied in many situations and should be taken very seriously.  What is it?  

KNOW THY ENEMY.  For instance, when male bashing feminists take up the fight against rape, do they ever see the contradiction of not trusting men, yet expecting them to be perfect gentlemen when females put themselves in compromising positions by passing out drunk, or dressing too provocatively?  Does it ever occur to these shrews that they should advise women to avoid situations where men are called upon to resist the temptation to initiate sex with women who are flaunting their bodies or who are sloppy drunk.    Don't throw raw meat in front of dogs and then become indignant when they want to satisfy their appetites.  KNOW THY ENEMY!

White cops are racist Mfers.  Don't expect them them to serve and protect or exercise restraint when black males challenge them.  They will kill you. Execute you. If they suspect you are guilty of something, they do not care if you raise your hands - or dare to declare your innocence. When a white cop draws his gun, don't move.  Be patient. Your turn will come.  KNOW THY ENEMY, - and plan his downfall.  

• Like 1

I could be wrong but there is a global concentration of wealth. I heard that if all the offshore money in India was onshore it would be a first world country. Governments will probably start going after money in tax havens. I also saw on the web that The Rockefellers are worth 15 trillion and The Rothschilds aee worth 500 trillion. Now you have billionaire entertainers. And China has a growing population of billionaires. Feudalism was also a concentration of wealth. All the rest I believe is a by product of the disconnect and isolation of the wealthy. New York nightlife used to be a mix of different socioeconomic groups. At least it was until Sex and the City made exclusivity and flaunting wealth the norm.

Cynique Know thy enemy reminds me of the scorpion and the turtle folktale.  The problem is all cops are not MF'ers, most are just trying to get through their day, without killing someone or being killed, and lasting long enough to collect their pension.

But a sufficient number of officers are bad, that you would be safest to behave as if they were ALL were indeed MF'ers. I've been abused by some cops and have been treated fairly by others, but most of the times my encounters with the police have been bad, or financially very costly. 

In fact, I'd argue the the financial burden imposed upon people by our police state has just a high an impact on us as our hyper-incarceration rate.  In NYC there are people losing cars over parking tickets!  After two tickets you car will be booted and towed.  If you have the money you simply pay the tickets.  Once they have your car, you have to pay off all the tickets, plus the tow, storage and extra fees.  This is just one example.

People with money don't have to worry about paying parking tickets.  Poorer people do.  The system is stacked against poor.

Everyone should try struggling financially for a few years, it would give you a completely different world view and maybe help them understand people who have done this for generations and live with virtually no hope for escape.

America, specifically, and the world in general is in a state of chaos.  Conflict permeates this country as a race war between Blacks and Whites looms on one front and a holy war between the US and ISIS threatens on another. In the black community, the middleclass and the underclass are at odds, pointing fingers at each other even as they experience the common enemy of racism. The economy cannot accomodate the unemployed and working poor because the effect of not taxing the corporate rich does not trickledown. The Military has an itchy trigger finger and thinks because it has a hammer, every foreign uprising is a nail. Harassinsg the POTUS is what tops the agenda of Republicans, and wringing their hands is the reaction of clueless Democrats. All the advances in science have yet to figure out a formula to solve problems with no solutions.  All the praying and envoking the name of Jesus from the religous faithful has brought few results.  Cyber technology has turned a whole generation into nimble-fingered androids texting their every thought, when not sharing their shallowness on the social media.    

Here in Chicago, one black church had raised several thousand dollars to send to Ferguson, Missouri, to help support the cause of murder victim Michael Brown.  But, at the last minute, the congregation decided to instead use these funds as reward money to help catch the killer of 9-year-old Antonio Smith who was shot dead during gun fire exchange between local gang members.  Blacks cannot win for losing. They are not one big happy family because they do not perpetuate little stable families. For every step forward, they take 2 steps backward.

On August 18th, I "celebrated" my 81st birthday.  Surveying the world I have been observing ever since I became aware of my surroundings, I gave my mind a gift as I bemoaned what has become a hot mess.  Nothing i can do about the state of things, so fuck this shit. 

• Like 1

Troy

If I had more time I'd really get into it. But I believe that unless we get this group of "fiscally content blacks," involved in creating solutions, rather than striving for the acceptance and approval of the one percent, nothing will change.

In the short term, I'd be happy if we could get the "fiscally content blacks," to just give a damn about the majority of the other Back folks.

I think their lack of involvement is part of the problem also...however.

Most Black people who are financially secure in THIS society didn't get to that enviable position by being stupid.

Most earned their wealth by being prudent and having enough sense to know what to do and what to say and around whom. They're less likely than that brother/sister on the street who is out shouting and fighting the police because they have much more to lose.

Give them a real reason to put thier wealth, reputations, freedom, and even their very lives on the line and I'm sure most WOULD be more involved.

But they aren't going all out over some half-cocked foolishness with no clear aim or objective.

I can't say that I really blame them all that much.

It's too much like blind faith.

But where I DO blame them is in their lack of initiating and organizing that which is missing or preventing them from participating....."sound effective leadership and objectives for success".  They CAN help in initiating the plans that many claim are lacking but most aren't even doing that.

It's amazing how brilliant Black minds are....when they're working for SOMEONE ELSE'S success.

Cynique

White cops are racist Mfers. Don't expect them them to serve and protect or exercise restraint when black males challenge them. They will kill you. Execute you. If they suspect you are guilty of something, they do not care if you raise your hands - or dare to declare your innocence. When a white cop draws his gun, don't move. Be patient. Your turn will come. KNOW THY ENEMY, - and plan his downfall.

This is sound advice.

I've heard it since I was a child that one should be courteous and respectful to cops no matter what they say to you in order to prevent being provoked into giving them reasons to brutalize you.

However human nature is such that when you are experiencing harassment directly, your emotions sometimes get the better of you and you automatically react before thinking.

It's one thing to see it on television and say, "Man....why would he talk to that cop like that...that was just stupid".  But when YOU are the one being interrogated and harassed the emotions boil.

For example, we all know cops tell you NOT to resist when being arrested. But when someone is yanking on your arm to the point that it's about to break....it's hard not to resist and pull back and try to break yourself free of that situation. It would be like drowning and not trying to gasp for air.

Somethings are just a natural human reaction that no amount of conditioning can break.

The vast majority of humans have a survival instinct that prevents them from submitting to certain restraints.

• Like 1