Happy 82th Birthday Cynique

Thank you for the greeting, Chris.  Compliments coming from 2 bright brothers like you and Troy are really an honor.  I never think of myself as an intellect mostly because I am not an academic.  I just apply the common sense that comes with age.

• Like 2

You don't have to be an academic to be an intellectual, and common sense does not automatically come with age.  

You are creative, curious, observant, self-aware and a critical thinker with a fine sense of humor.  That combined with a talent for self expression makes you a terrific intellect.

Some of your throw-away comments are as profound as anything I've read by the celebrity intellectuals we may be more familiar with.

You are a gift to us all, and I feel fortunate be able to regularly read what you have to say.

Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts here.  I know you could be doing anything else.  Much love to you, and here is to many more happy birthdays!

Thank you, Troy, for providing a forum for sharing the thoughts that I really don't have a desire to express anyplace else, which is why I don't have a blog.  Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to form opinions about what's happening in this dizzy world, and that's due, in part, to my dwindling concern about all the "dire issues" just waiting to become old news. Shit happens.  That's life. 

You and Chris also deserve your props for what you bring to this site which includes your technical and professional expertise, not to mention your street smarts.  And above all, your visionary gifts.

Now I guess we can adjourn this meeting of the mutual admiration society.    :rolleyes:

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 2