Well My Vote for Hillary Has Been Cast

Well, my vote has been cast; though Hillary did not exactly need it as she will win my district and state by a healthy margin I'm sure.

CBS reported that Virgina, Texas, and New York were are at risk of a terrorist attack by al Qaeda before the election. There were no details or instructions on what we should do in reaction. Cynical me says, CBS are desperate and will do anything for clicks. 

I think folks in the Deep South have more to fear from American terrorism after the election...

• Like 2

I think folks in the Deep South have more to fear from American terrorism after the election...

There is a higher concentration of Black people in the deep South than any other region in this nation.
If they are on par with or in some cases OUT NUMBER the racists in thier community but still sit back and cry and play victim as a handful of racists burn their churches and vandalize thier property....it's hard to feel sorry for them.

I've lived in both Georgia and Lousiana and I KNOW how violent Black folks down there can be toward EACHOTHER, so it's not like they're a bunch of saints and pacifists.
Again, if they want to lay down and crying "Why....oh why" with snot running out their noses while White racists ride around attacking them, then.......

• Like 2

I actually think we are just fine. We got killers in the South, lol. Seriously, I think this is the last hurrah for White America. They officially done themselves in. They have everything they want and once Obama leaves office, they will no longer have anyone to blame for their problems. They have it all. They just shot off their nose to spite their face (Is that the saying?)

• Like 1

I'm learning more and more that the average White man's idea of success and what brings him happiness and satisfaction isn't necessarily the same as yours, mine and other men of color and especially Black men.

My idea of success includes happiness, good health, peaceful environment, ect.....
Not recklessly oppressing people.
I haven't met one Black man with an inborn desire to rule and dominate other races to the point that he'd sacrifice his own life and that of his family just to see that accomplished.

But many White men have that desire.

Which is why so many of them voted for Trump in THIS election and it's also why so many voted for Reagan in previous elections even after he cut off the economic life line for millions of them when he gutted the cities and the industrial sector.

They don't mind taking the economic and social "hits" that a very traditionalist right-wing government will bring as long as it means that Blacks and Browns remain on the bottom.

Instead of voting for a politician who would provide decent paying jobs and healthcare so that EVERYBODY has the opportunity to live a good life........
They'd rather live in a trailer park in dire poverty eating mayonaise sandwiches while trying to support a family on $300 a month as long as they know most Blacks and Hispanics are doing much worse.

Most of the people who voted for Trump could care less about  jobs, healthcare,  and civil liberties....even their own.
All they want is to "take their country back" by pushing that "nigga" out of the Whitehouse along with the liberal "nigga lovers" who helped put him in.

If THAT is accomplished, then as far as they're concerned there ARE NO PROBLEMS.

• Like 2

Pioneer your opening salvo sounds very racist.  But I definitely hear where you are coming from and completely understand the sentiment :(

When Africans came to the Americas they did not take ownership of land and resources, rape women, or enslave people.  They came, they exchanged knowledge, and left.

When Europeans went anywhere, they were so hell bent on domination that they weren't even above exterminating native people.  Tanzania is a relatively recent example.  

When Europeans came to Africa and North America they were welcomed with open arms and they took savage advantage of the hospitality. 

Their hostility, of course, has not been limited to Black and Brown people.  During WW II they managed to murder 3% of humanity in just a few years.  Many if not most of these people were other white people.

This is not to say there are not righteous white people--there are a great many of them.  Today the Belgians, Italians, British and Germans are not nearly the same murderous lot they once were.

And of course there are murderous Black people.  But if you looks at the most violent Black people they were placed into conditions created by racist white people. Whether it was Black folks crowded in urban ghettos or setup in puppet regimes in some country white folks created.  The entire conflict in the Middle East is really a European/American creation.

Outside of white influence, there is no evidence to suggest that Black people behave ever behaved in the same manner that the most evil white people have. I know that might sound racist as well, but I'd be happy to defend the position.

I believe, as any reasonable person should, that there are a great number of decent white folks who are interested in sharing and who despise the "enrich-yourself-at-the-expense-of-others" mentality.  Sometimes I have to ask myself, "where the hell are they now?"

I think people are just worried about their own survival.  Working to improve the conditions of anyone outside your immediate family takes resources most of us don't have or don't want to expend. Besides that mentality is not really part of the American or western culture.  

Working to improve the group is part of African culture, at least before the arrival of the European.  It is the part of our culture that was lost when we were enslaved here.  I think many of us carry it in our DNA, we just can't express it here in America and it is probably why many of us need mental help today.

Someone pass the Xanax please.

• Like 1

I tend to think that whether you have a Liberal or a Conservative mind-set exerts as much influence as race when it comes to an abuse of power. White Liberals, for all of their patronizing, paternalistic shortcomings, still have good intentions and are about helping the underdogs that include minorities and gays and immigrants, not to mention the poverty-stricken.Their black counterparts are equally compassionate toward their fellow blacks. On the other hand, white Conservatives smugly believe they can attribute any success they have to pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and so do Black Conservatives and they fault other blacks who haven't been lucky enough to make this work for them. Moreover, they have no problem sucking up to white Conservatives, hoping to pick up pointers on how to be treacherous. ;)

Of course these are generalizations.  I think it was black sociologist Frances Cress Welsing who theorized something to the effect that white people have never recovered from being ostracized and driven out of The Tribe by blacks because their white skin was considered an aberration. Resentment over this possibly became rooted in the DNA of whites, subsequently making  them driven to dominate and exploit dark-skinned people to cruelly avenge this slight millions of years ago.  :o

Bottom line is that when push comes to shove, everybody covets power but some are more inclined to use it for good than others. <_<

• Like 1

I guess Dr. Frances Cress Welsing was a contemporary of yours Cynique.  Did you ever attend any of her lectures?  I never heard her speak in person.  She really did a lot of work trying to understand why white people has caused so much misery for Black and Brown people all over the planet.

I was thoroughly impressed with her in the video below.  I also miss programs like Tony Brown's Journal.  Thoughtful intelligent programs like Tony Brown's journal that provides platforms for conscious and intelligent Black women like Dr. Welsing are in tragic short supply.

• Like 1

I didn't even know Tony was still producing new content.  It sounds like the days of hosting the Francis Cress Welsings of the world are over... huh ;-)  Let me click through and read the article before jumping to conclusions...

...OK I read the article and essentially agree with his observations, where I diverge wth him is the belief Trump will be a benefit to Black folks.  But anything is possible, and we absolutely have to work with Trump to try to gain some benefits. 

All the protesting can't possibly accomplish anything as the man won the election.  Unless your goal is to overthrow the president, which would be stupid, our efforts would be best used to try to get what we can out of the Trump administration.

Since Trump is not Black, Black folks don;t about have to worry about dissing a brother and holding him less accountable than we did Barack.  

So while I don't think it is time for celebrating, as Tony seems to suggest, I do think we need to try to do some "really great deals" with Trump.

It pains me to see Tony have to reference all the conversations happening on Facebook on his Blog. Even the commenting software requires you to login with Facebook.  But I understand why he does it.  Again it is just painful to see the dependence.

• Like 1

Facebook does not seem to have a problem doing, shoot they make it look easy :-)

I would have commented on Tony Blog were it not for the Facebook login requirement, that plus the fact that Tony is not responding to any of the comments.

Mel, after reading the article I would not be surprised it the article was written by someone else using Tony's name.  Call me paranoid... but it is hard to take anything at face value on the web.