Psychic Ability

aethersymbol.jpgQuestion: What is your strongest psychic (ESP -Extrasensory perception) ability?  Would you, Could you and/or Do you use it for economic gain?

Note: Below are general definitions from Merriam-Webster - not necessarily accurate but provided for discussion. Feel free to expand.

intuition - (M-W) a quick and ready insight

telepathy - (M-W) communication from one mind to another by extrasensory means

psychometry - (M-W) divination of facts concerning an object or its owner through contact with or proximity to the object

clairaudience -, (M-W) the power or faculty of hearing something not present to the ear but regarded as having objective reality

clairvoyance - (M-W) the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses

precognition - (M-W) clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet experienced or

retrocognition - (M-W) direct or extrasensory perception of past events

?

My strongest psychic ability is Clairvoyance.  I can read, feel, hear energy involving living things ... I've used it for financial gain as it relates to gaining the upper hand for securing employment position.  For some reason, it hasn't worked in winning the lottery...although I wish it would.  But I mostly use it to "read" people or help them. 

Edited by Mel Hopkins
add a comment
  • Like 2

I absolutely would use my extrasensory perception for financial gain.

From time to time I feel like I have extra sensory experiences.  For example, when I was a kid, if I was in the lobby of my apartment building I knew what my mother was preparing for dinner --especially if it was something I liked.  I could "smell" the meal. Years later I realized it was physically impossible for me to smell a meal that was being prepared in an apartment 3 stories away, but if happened so frequently it could not be chalked up to coincidence.  I even experienced this in within the last few years.

Now I can't do it on demand it just comes to me.

I've also had the persistent thought that the Earth as we know it will not persist. Interestingly, it is not a negative feeling, more of a feeling of pending transition.  It is not a situation that only I experience, like my own death, but one many people will experience or transition that many people will experience simultaneously.

Again I'd know what it means or even if I could understand it, but it feels like something that will occur in my natural life time.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

I've also had the persistent thought that the Earth as we know it will not persist. Interestingly, it is not a negative feeling, more of a feeling of pending transition.  It is not a situation that only I experience, like my own death, but one many people will experience or transition that many people will experience simultaneously.

I think about this too. I often wonder if the earth is here because we believe it is...and if that could be true, what happens if we simultaneously stop believing it exist?

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

I could "smell" the meal. Years later I realized it was physically impossible for me to smell a meal that was being prepared in an apartment 3 stories away, but if happened so frequently it could not be chalked up to coincidence.

clairolfacation /  clairescence...I just looked it up. some folks can smell "sickness" too.

• Like 1

Perhaps Intuition is one of my greatest psychic strengths.

I believe God has blessed me with a gift of strong insight and being able to discern and see patterns in human thought and behavior.

Despite dreams, visions, and precognitions......all of which offer some validity.
I'm still convinced that no one can really KNOW the future except God.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm still convinced that no one can really KNOW the future except God.

@Pioneer1 Interesting, why are you convinced?  Is this something you were taught or is it something that you know intuitively? And what is God to you? (you may have answered this but I haven't heard it and would like to understand your answer better.

• Like 1

To me God is the Supreme Being.
Meaning, the most powerful Being in existence and omniscient

As far as only God KNOWING the future......
I actually was taught this AND I arrived at this conclusion....not intuitively...but simple because I have yet to meet anyone who has proven their ability to KNOW what was going to happen in the future.
Many people can guess or predict or look at patterns...like I do....and estimate the end result, but as far as KNOWING and then PROVING what you know by a series of recorded declarations detailing everything that will occur as well as the time and having them take place exactly as you said...I've met no human being who was able to do this.

• Like 1

I worked as a psychic. Clairesentient. I also read the unconscious and pattern recognition. Although I am not profiling people. I had a few clairvoyant experiences. And two olfactory experiences.  Telepathy I am a better receiver than sender. I have had other psychics say that they can see energy around me when I  read. And a couple told me my voice tone and ir cadence changes. 

Up until recently been  couldn't feel the difference. However at times i will feel a stillness. Or like i am reaching fir strands. And once i grab hold it sharpens. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

As far as only God KNOWING the future....

@Pioneer1, Yes, how do you know, God knows the future... you've mentioned that you've test humans and they've failed. Have you test God in this respect? 

57 minutes ago, Delano said:

I also read the unconscious and pattern recognition

THIS! - I do this as well but this is almost a mathematical ability - almost on the order of fictional movie PI - How do we separate ability from intuition? Or do you see them as one in the same?

• Like 1

Mel I use numbers and words to read the subconscious. I feel that intuition thinking and imagination are the same. They are different due to their application rather than how they function. 

Which was partly why i asked people about metathinking.

I decoded every number from 1 - 2099. Then I encoded from 0 - 360. So I have two Magickal languages. I am also creating Astrological charts from words. I'll  send you  a few if the delineation via mail. Let me know what you think or feel.

• Like 1

Mel

Have you test God in this respect?

No

How could one test One who is superior to him?

Can a little baby test her parents to find out if she really came from them?

Can a kitty cat test it's owner to find out how much they know?

Imagine a cat prancing up to you and if it could talk asking you to prove that you can read a clock and tell what time it is.....lol.

No, God I haven't tested.

But that man sitting overthere with his legs folded and a towel wrapped around his head claiming he knows so much about the future but keeps up the premium on his Blue Cross insurance......I HAVE tested him....and he's failed.

Mel

That's why my original statement was

"I'm still convinced that no one can really KNOW the future except God."

I didn't say I KNEW this as a fact, I just strongly believe it.....and will continue to believe it until convinced otherwise.

However on the flip side of that, do YOU know or have you met people who know the future?

I'm not talking about people with itchy knees claiming they know an earthquake is coming or people dreaming about hawks that fly backwards and that predicted 9/11....I'm talking about bonifide verified cases that YOU know of from your own interactions with them?

I would think that one would have to believe in time travel in order to consider that the future already exists and is  known by a Supreme Being, or by someone  who has psychic ability.   What if  2 different people in the same circumstances turn out to have a different future - because of the choices they made, -  something which figures into the multi-verse theory, I guess.  Or what if the future only exists a moment after the present? 

People frequently accuse me of being negative and urge me  to be positive. Positive thinking as a powerful force  is a dynamic that rarely works for me, on a personal basis.  It's like I am being presumptuous to beileve i can influence a desired result by thinking it will materialize.  When i doubt,  I get better results because i have put it into the hands of randomness which gives me a 50/50 chance of it happening. Positive thinking does seem to work for other people and my experience may have something to do with my aura or with a negativity i have aligned myself with because for, some reason, i have become afraid to hope.  

Others think there are no coincidences and that everything happens for a reason.  I don't think life is that orderly.  It's chaos from which we try to extract order.

I do, however, have a peculiar affinity for syncronicity.  i've said this before but it happens on a regular basis, that when I am keying a word or even a phrase, that very word or phrase will be spoken on TV.  The TV is right next to my computer.  The same thing happens when I am reading the newspaper or magazine, the phrase or word I  am reading is being said on the TV at the same time. My recliner is right in front of the TV.  

Life is a great mystery because the answers are trapped in the questions.

• Like 1

Pioneer, I gave you a personal example of my ability to know what my mom was cooking for dinner, because I sensed it in a manner that was extrasensory.  

For me, that is sufficient proof, but it is obviously insufficient proof for you.  

It would be insufficient proof for a scientist too because I doubt I could reproduce the results under controlled conditions.  They would simply say that it was a coincidence or my imagination--even if it happened many times; brains are complex things.

I'm sure the experiences claimed by some people are bogus--especially the charlatans who go around ripping people off.  The same goes for charismatic people capable of brainwashing people to believe in comets coming for them.  Of course, these bad people make it harder to the rest of us to believe in extra sensory perception.

Cynqiue, I experience synchronicity as well, but I usually chalk it up to my ability to see something more easily because I've been exposed to it.  Have you ever meet someone new and then you start to see them everywhere?  Maybe it is like being exposed to racism and seeing it everywhere, even in photos of Viola Davis ;)

I also believe as with any human characteristic some people are "better" at ESP than others.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

do YOU know or have you met people who know the future?

@Pioneer1 , wrong question.

I don't believe in  "past, future" per se... I only know that "Now" exist...  (and sometimes "Now" is even shaky)

I may refer to the  past -or even indicate that there's something I'd like to come to past  but I use those references for conversational purposes.  At this juncture,  I can't conceive of a location for the past or future...

I asked you because you said, you're convinced that only your God knows the future.   

Anyway, to answer your question - yes.   I have met people who knew the future  and prepared for it in their past ... My father was one such person.  His foresight made sure his family would be taken care of economically and financially long after his untimely death.

Also, we both know one person who saw the future - his name is @Troy,.  He is in that long list of  people who prepared in their past for something that today has met and or beat expectation.

Oh and I have to include Larry Silverstein .  I don't know him but I've read enough about him to know he had to see the future

10 hours ago, Cynique said:

Life is a great mystery because the answers are trapped in the questions.

YES!!!

• Like 2

Time is just our way of experiencing the universe, that does not mean that is the nature of the universe, that is just how we are able to experience it.  Time is relative; for electromagnetic radiation time, as we perceive it, does not exist. 

Pioneer what you are calling the future has already occurred in a manner of speaking.  You are willing to accept, without proof, the existence of an omnipotent being, why are you so steadfast in rejecting the existence of extrasensory perceptions?  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Delano said:

Cynique i dont feel you are afraid to hope. You are an idealist whi can't stand disappointment. 

I think I'm more of a perfectionist than an idealist, because  i am hyper-critical.  I am also a pragmatic existentialist who deals with reality.  i agree with the power of hope in theory, but in reality i think what a person wants to happen may or may not happen whether they hope for it or not.  When people's hopes don't materialize, they have pat phrases to fall back on: "it wasn't meant to be".  or it was god's will",  

In a contest between teams or individuals, both sides are hoping for victory,  but only one opponent will win.  Was the winner better at hoping than the loser? Or simply have better skills? or did capricious luck play a part in the outcome.  Who knows?  

I am not fond of the it was meant to be phrase 

Even though I feel there are no accidents in the universe. I think really top flight athletes are separated by mental focus and visualisation 

Visualisation without ability is sub-standard. 

Cynique

I would think that one would have to believe in time travel in order to consider that the future already exists and is known by a Supreme Being, or by someone who has psychic ability.

Either that or atleast SOME of the future is being designed or planned by a Grand Designer who knows what the future is going to be because They have the power to make it.

However.....
Even if all events are completely free and a matter of decision and chance, I still believe it is POSSIBLE for One to know the future even without influencing it.

People frequently accuse me of being negative and urge me to be positive. Positive thinking as a powerful force is a dynamic that rarely works for me, on a personal basis. It's like I am being presumptuous to beileve i can influence a desired result by thinking it will materialize. When i doubt, I get better results because i have put it into the hands of randomness which gives me a 50/50 chance of it happening.

I somewhat know what you mean.
I have a slightly different take on being a bit pessimistic though.....

Things tend to work out better when I plan for a WORSE (not worst) case scenario as opposed to planning as if everything will work perfectly.
That way I'm more prepared if things don't go exactly as I'd like.

I've always been cautious of being TOO optimistic, especially when it came to plans that involved other people whom you have little control over.

Troy

Pioneer, I gave you a personal example of my ability to know what my mom was cooking for dinner, because I sensed it in a manner that was extrasensory.

For me, that is sufficient proof, but it is obviously insufficient proof for you.

Unless I misunderstood what you said, you said that you could smell what your mother was PREPARING from a great distance away.
You didn't smell it BEFORE she prepared it.
Nor did you say you KNEW she was going to prepare that particular meal days before she actually fixed it.

What you described was a TRUE ESP or extra-sensory perception in that you could smell WHAT WAS ALREADY HAPPENING well beyond the normal range of typical human perception.
But alas....it wasn't knowing the future....because you only smelled it at a great distance while it was happening.

You are willing to accept, without proof, the existence of an omnipotent being, why are you so steadfast in rejecting the existence of extrasensory perceptions?

???

Who said I didn't?
I most DEFINITELY believe in ESP !

Mel

I can't conceive of a location for the past or future...

That's because they aren't locations.....but concepts.
Periods of time which is just a measurement.
However they DO exist.

Anyway, to answer your question - yes. I have met people who knew the future and prepared for it in their past ... My father was one such person. His foresight made sure his family would be taken care of economically and financially long after his untimely death.

Did he KNOW the future, or did he PREDICT and PREPARE for it?

There's a difference.

We can PREPARE for things that we PREDICT will occur...doesn't mean we KNOW it will happen.

In other words, a person can PREDICT that he will become an elderly and begin saving up and PREPARING for it....however they may be killed before they reach that stage of life.

With respect.....
You said your father's death was "untimely" which meant that it wasn't expected at the particular time...by his family atleast.
Now unless HE expected it and didn't tell any of his loved ones, then it wasn't known by him either.
I only bring this up as an example of his knowledge of the future being in question.

I'll do some research on Larry Silerstein

Ohhhhh, a
nd WHAT do we have down here.....lol.
Yet another "attempt" at reading?

Delano said:
"
Cynique....You are an idealist whi can't stand disappointment "

But Cynique said:
"
I think I'm more of a perfectionist than an idealist, because i am hyper-critical. I am also a pragmatic existentialist who deals with reality."

B)  Whachout now champ...that's 0 for 2 today !

I believe ESP works in a way comparable to how the wireless internet works.

Signals are transmitted to and from the mind from great distances whether those signals are visual, olfactory, or auditory.

For centuries if not millenia many people doubted the existence of this type of ability.
In my opinion, the wireless internet and even radio and television proves the fact that people can indeed receive information over great distances without the aid of a physical connection.

The question is how does one TAP IN to those abilities.............

This reminds me.

I read about the great kings and sages of ancient history and how they would often go into temples to receive information.
I often wondered did they secretely have some sort of radio or televison that they received informatoin from while the masses were kept in a state of ignorance.....lol.

• Like 1

Pioneer information is still "kept" from the masses...  I think it is just easier today.  There are so many "shiny objects" distracting us.

Pioneer since you believe in ESP, can you describe someone that has demonstrated this ability to your satisfaction?

Del it was Maya I'll see if I can get her to participate in this conversation maybe she'll be willing to relate her feedback--in exchange for you generously willing to do it gratis.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

That's because they aren't locations.....but concepts.
Periods of time which is just a measurement.
However they DO exist.

@Pioneer1, time exist in your mind where all concepts exist.  However, using your words in reference to the Akaschic records, if one can't show you how to get there then it ( "past, future") doesn't exist. 

No @Delano, I have not considered writing an autobiography.  My ability to tell my own story in a compelling fashion is limited.  

But after reading Cynique's memoirs posted little by little over the years, I do know, to do so would require me to tighten up my writing a great deal and not focus on accomplishments but to reveal how I felt about them including revealing weakness, insecurities, challenges, emotions all of that. Why do you ask?

Have you ever considered writing an autobiography?

• Like 1

Troy

Pioneer since you believe in ESP, can you describe someone that has demonstrated this ability to your satisfaction?

Hmmm.....
To be honest I can't really think of one right now.

I've had a few....just a few....BONIFIED cases of ESP that I've known so far but they were so rare that I they didn't register very high on my memory.
I've met a a few extraordinary people who were good at business, math, relationships, and other particular fields but much of that was due to gifts like high intelligence more so than ESP.

Some people are so smart, so clever, and understand psychology and human behavior so well that they can figure things out about people and you'd THINK they were psychic or using magic when they were just using advanced psychology.

So I'm careful in calling things ESP or psychic phenomena unless.....like you suggest...I actually test it myself against my own standards.

I mean, there were cases where I believe I PERSONALY experienced ESP but they are so numerous and so vague that it would be difficult to recollect exactly how I knew what I knew or accomplished what I accomplished at that time.

The problem with this Troy, as you stated before is it's hard to get it in a laboratory to repeatedly test it over and over again.

Most incidents of ESP are sporadic and infrequent for most people.
It'll happen at a time you don't really expect it, and often at a time when you need it so badly that when you're able to use it you're so grateful that it got you through the situation that you won't dare "question" it's reality or see if it's real.

Mel

time exist in your mind where all concepts exist.

Hallucinations exist in ones mind....lol.

But time is a SHARED concept.
Society in general are synchronized on the same "standard time" in each given time zone.

Del

I can help you write your biography, if you like!

@Delano, I'm not being coy, modest or fishing for compliments, but can you explain why you think my story needs to be told.  What am I doing that you think needs to be shared.  

One reason I'm asking is that when I speak to groups maybe I can relate whatever that is and make my talks more compelling, thanks.

Hey Del this is a Google Ad I see at the top of this page (you may not see this so I copied it below), Are you familiar with the site?  What do you think of it?

http://video.numerologist.com/

astrology-Ad.png

You grew uo in the ghetto. Went to Graduate School. Own yiur home. And work for youself. And yiu give voice to Black writers and you have a few forums forBlack  people. You cant see yourself. What yiu have accomplished is impressive and inspirational. 

Never heard of the site. 

• Like 2

Del, maybe if those closest to me, family and friends, people who are not part of the publishing industry saw it that way--or at least told me they did; maybe it would see it that way too.

I guess in a way it is kinda sad that the emotional support and appreciation for what I do comes from people like you, not the folks that I'm related to or see every day

Thanks man.

I'm surprised you never saw the site--it sell a service very close to what you provide.  I was actually familiar with the site (maybe that is why I presented with the ad, that and it is related to the page's content).  

• Like 2

Your experience is not that uncommon.  A lot of famous people are known to have said  they had to leave their hometown or even their country in order to gain recognition or be taken seriously and appreciated.

i admire and appreciate your dedication to helping and promoting blacks authors.  Just so you know.    

• Like 2

Troy that's how it is. Paul Simon said his father never acknowledged his success. So he just earned s gold album. He's like yeah I got Dad now. So he calls his Dad and proudly says. My album went gold. His father says you'll never be a Sinatra. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 0:37 PM, Troy said:

I guess in a way it is kinda sad that the emotional support and appreciation for what I do comes from people like you, not the folks that I'm related to or see every day

This comment would be perfect for "Why Black Men Cheat".   I'm not saying you would @Troy  but I've heard a lot of men gravitate towards women who  praise their success and usually that woman' isn't the wife.  I've made that mistake one too many times before I noticed the pattern. Now I just keep my opinion to myself - even though cheerleading is my default status lol.

I think family see the ups and downs - so it's not as impressive to them as it would be an outsider.  But yes Troy, soldier on - eyes are watching and you are inspiration.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Did he KNOW the future, or did he PREDICT and PREPARE for it?

@Pioneer1 well yes he did know the "future" - and he predicted the time in 1 week accuracy and he prepared for it and prepared me for it too. But not in the way, that I could make sense of his babbling at the time - but when the time came his words made sense to me. My mom can also see the "future" and has altered outcomes  by speaking it aloud. 

OMG... I just realized something  by writing this lol - that's quantum mechanic principle! When you look at an atom you alter its behavior - when you claim the future you altered its behavior.  

Anyway - I don't believe in the future , past. I believe it's all happening in the now. 

• Like 2

@Mel. Your conclusions are very deep.   There is also a quantum physics principle that something can be in 2 places at the same time and - this has some implications about the illusions of the past, present, and the future. Maybe?.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cynique said:

There is also a quantum physics principle that something can be in 2 places at the same time and - this has some implications about the illusions of the past, present, and the future. Maybe?.

Yes! That is exactly what I felt when I started typing...It was as if the information flowed to remind me of those dimensions we (you and I) wrote about in another thread.

I was living in a shared house. With about 8 other people. I read them all and even made timed predictions. One guy was like i don't believe it's possible I told him he had car problems.  He said no, then he said yes. I said your rear right tire has s leak. And I told him what date (within a week) that he borrowed a woman's car. He said it was al correct. Then said it was a lucky guess. I asked how do you guess the date. He said he didn't know.

@Mel there's alsoalso remote viewing. Which can be either past present or future. 

• Like 1

Yes @Mel Hopkins, I can see your point as a reason for why men would cheat. Indeed it is "textbook." 

But I also understand that the people closest to you see the good, the bad, and the ugly.  So perhaps their perspectives are naturally more tempered compared to those who know you only through your accomplishments, unaware of your failures and the jerk you can be...

...That or they could care less :o

• Like 2

Troy

Speaking of growing up uptown.......

I've been meaning to ask you for quite a while.
Did you even know or meet the brother who used to star on the television show "Fame"?

His name is Gene Anthony Ray, but on the show I believe his name was Leo.

I ask because he was from Harlem too and was around your age.