Sign in to follow this  
harry brown

Black People And. Thanksgiving!

Black. People. Should. Be. Grateful  For   Family. And. Friends. Those,Involved. In. Fighting. For.  Our. Civil. Rights,Who. We're. Beaten,Arrested. And. Murdered.  Black.  Soldiers. Defending. This,Racist  Country.  Purpose  Of  Thanksgiving  Day.  Pilgrims,Thanking  God.  On   Slave  Plantations. ,Slaves  Were  Allowed,To  Catch  Wild  Game  To  Eat...Preacher's  Preached  ,One,Day   Soon   They  Would  Be  A  Slave  Free. America....Todays,Black. Preacher's  ,Grateful  For  Stupid  Black,People,Each  Sunday. Giving. Money. ,So. Preacher's. Can,Live,,In. Mansions. And. Drive. Rich. Cars,,Not. Caring. About. The. Black. Poor,Poverty. In. Black. Communities.  .This. Is. A. Christian. ,God. Fearing. Country?No!.

I put Thanks Giving in the same category as Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Valentine's Day......

I don't need Caucasians to tell me to or give me  a special day to be thankful for the blessings The Supreme Being gives me, or be thankful to live in the United States (despite it's many faults), or remember my Parents, or call my brothers up to see how they're doing, or give my lady friends a present to show them how much I love them.
I do this almost EVERYDAY.

Outside of the commercialization of these so-called "holy-days" AfroAmericans need to learn to THINK FOR THEMSELVES and develop their own "holy-days".

That's why I liked what Maulana Karenga did with Kwanza and Minister Farrakhan did with the Day of Atonment.
They CHOSE which days they were going to sanctify.

Holidays are days off from work.  Does it matter whether black traditionalists rather than white ones tell you what to celebrate in the form of a holiday? if you think for yourself, then you live for yourself, and when you die, your survivors will celebrate your life.     

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

Holidays are days off from work.  Does it matter whether black traditionalists rather than white ones tell you what to celebrate in the form of a holiday? if you think for yourself, then you live for yourself, and when you die, your survivors will celebrate your life.     

Lol.....was this aimed (indirectly) at me?