Sign in to follow this  
Delano

Martin Luther King's sex life and his legacy

Delano

You need to either provide proof of your allegations against these men or atleast evidence or sources for the alleged homosexual affairs you're accusing Martin King of or you should just RECANT your statement.

Since you're so big on honor, I think that would be the honorable thing to do at this point.

I've always seen you as a pretty reasonable dude and still do somewhat, despite our current static....

But putting garbage like this out here with no evidence.......what's your agenda man?

As far as I know you're the first person EVER to even suggest that MLK had affairs with other men!!!

I can't find that shit ANYWHERE else, except for YOU saying it.

@Pioneer1 ease up o the the demands about what I should do.

I stated my source can it be verified? I will say what I always say. There are no facts just perspectives. 

Go beyond what you know. The audio was on the radio. It could have been a fake. However my mother's aunt said that Martin stayed with Single women when he travelled. It's hearsay but I believe her and it I don't see any of their extramarital activities in a negative light. 

However I feel the reverse about Elijah Muhammed affairs because they caused problems. That affected Malcolm his son and the entire nation. And most importantly he took something. He was a rapist because those teenage girls didn't choose freely. 

Unless Elijah Muhammed had a day job, invested that money and kept records, the kids should get 0. The money most likely came from his supporters and should benefit the nation. Not his heirs. 

Del

There are no facts just perspectives.

Well if there are no facts then would you agree with me that it is NOT a fact that King or Shabazz had affairs and slept with men?

5 hours ago, Delano said:

What?!

@Pioneer1 just forget it. Del can't provide a source to substantiate MLK's gay affairs and apparently won't say he made a mistake, which is indeed surprising. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

just forget it. Del can't provide a source to substantiate MLK's gay affairs and apparently won't say he made a mistake, which is indeed surprising. 

Did Del ever say that his input about MLK was true?? Seems like just contributing what had been put out. 😮 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

Did Del ever say that his input about MLK was true?? Seems like just contributing what had been put out. 😮 

Thanks Cynique 

The Dynamic Duo have yet to show where i made any judgements about homosexuality. I have loss count how many times I have asked. 

@TroyTroy

and @Pioneer1 Pioneer1 

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Gentleman is it so hard to understand i am asking a question not making a statement

What!?

Ok @Delano what is the reasoning for the premise of this question? (Or will you avoid this question too)

On 12/3/2018 at 4:45 PM, Delano said:

Does MartinLuther King's extramarital affairs with both men and women have any bearing on his legacy.

Also what us the basis of this statement? 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Delano said:

King was a sexual libertine,

@Delano i can say, with certainty, that you do not know enough about MLK's sexuality to pass judgement. Are you quoting someone?

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Did Del ever say that his input about MLK was true?? Seems like just contributing what had been put out

That is THE problem cynique. Del won't say where he is getting this scandalous information about MLK's sexuality. He wants to gossip, i don't. Suppose i asked the question:

Hey everybody what do you think about Del raping that infant last year?

Then if im asked how do you know Del raped a baby? How satisfied would you be by my replying:

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Gentleman is it so hard to understand i am asking a question not making a statement

Or some bullshit like:

16 hours ago, Delano said:

In any case, we simply dont know if Del is in Australia to avoid being labeled as a sex offender for raping babies here in the US. I guess it is just a matter of perspective 🤔

@Troy my question unlike yours has two components. One of those components is  Martin Luther King's impact. The other question about his sex life can be both debated and is non judgemental. 

Furthermore unlike Troy's example of me raping babies is not illegal. You may have not noticed but in the question I didn't mention any extramarital activities. 

Troy either you are wearing binoculars, which make you so close to issues that you become emotional. Or a telescope, in which you appeal to reason? and say you, I,  we werent present so how can we know what happened. 

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Del

Well if there are no facts then would you agree with me that it is NOT a fact that King or Shabazz had affairs and slept with men?

This statement allows me to clear up my "defending " Pioneer. 

When you make a valid (which is different than true) I will agree even if my perspective is different. 

Two things you may want to consider.  An opinion need not be factual, even if the subject has some known facts. Second a question unless legal or rhetorical is an inquiry. 

Troy

Pioneer1 just forget it. Del can't provide a source to substantiate MLK's gay affairs and apparently won't say he made a mistake, which is indeed surprising.

Suprising and indeed a bit sad.
I'm thinking this is a passive aggressive form of retaliation for my support of Elijah Muhammad , however I'm not certain.

Del

Please can either of you quote me, where i slandered either Martin or Malcolm.

Martin was a Christian Minister.
Malik was a Muslim Minister.

You accused both of adultery and homosexuality.

Both men belonged to religious organizations in which adultery and homosexuality are STRONGLY condemned and are seen as not only a sin but in many cases CRIMINAL acts.

Do you realize that in some Muslim societies you can be KILLED for engaging in homosexual or adulterous activities?

It doesn't matter how YOU feel about homosexuality and whether it's slanderous to YOU or not.
What matters is how THEY and their SUPPORTERS feel about homosexuality and adultery, and the majority see them as abominable acts and to accuse someone of these acts of abomination is SLANDEROUS.

Do you now understand the gravity of what you imply about these men?

You may have not noticed but in the question I didn't mention any extramarital activities

You said:

Does MartinLuther King's extramarital affairs with both men and women have any bearing on his legacy.

You don't considered "extramarital affairs" a form of extramarital activity?

This statement allows me to clear up my "defending " Pioneer.

When you make a valid (which is different than true) I will agree even if my perspective is different.

Two things you may want to consider. An opinion need not be factual, even if the subject has some known facts. Second a question unless legal or rhetorical is an inquiry.

I have two things also:

1. If you were asking a question, why didn't you put a question mark at the end of it instead of a period?

2. My question remains, WILL YOU agree with me that it is NOT a fact that Mr. King or Mr. Shabazz had affairs with men and women?

The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

‘he is suing the TV company for slander’

Compare with libel

More example sentencesSynonyms

1.1count noun A false and malicious spoken statement.

Intent is important in slander. 

My mistake i was refering to the post. 

So I'll split it with you. 

• Like 1

Delano

Even if you thought homosexual activity was okay behavior to accuse a Christian and Muslim minister of......did you think accusing King of having affairs outside of his marriage wasn't an insult or malicious attack against the man's character?

It has to be MORE than only about intent, but also CONTENT.

Going back to Troy's point, if someone claims you are a rapist it doesn't matter if the person making that claim thinks that rape is OK.....it's commonly understood in public that rape is wrong and if they KNOW it's considered wrong in pubic and still make that claim about you then it would still be SLANDEROUS because it's ruining your PUBLIC reputation.

Now come in Del......
You know I'm not the smartest man in the word, what does "split it with you" mean?

Are you half way apologizing?
Are you half way recanting your statement?
Are you half way admitting an error?

What?

Talk PLAINLY with those of a more simple mind, lol.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

did you think accusing King of having affairs outside of his marriage wasn't an insult or malicious attack against the man's character

No but you do. 

It has to be MORE than only about intent, but also CONTENT.

I have no idea what you mean. 

Going back to Troy's point, if someone claims you are a rapist it doesn't matter if the person making that claim thinks that rape is OK.....it's commonly understood in public that rape is wrong and if they KNOW it's considered wrong in pubic and still make that claim about you then it would still be SLANDEROUS because it's ruining your PUBLIC reputation

Rape is an act that can result in jail time. In our culture an affair doesn't have the same penalties. 

I have asked a question not made a statement. I doubt seriously that a question can be considered slander or libel. Please provide a court case supporting your view and I'll concede the point. 

Furthermore does any rational person believe that statement tarnishes King's Legacy? Clearly due to object reasoning that precludes either of us answering the question. 

Splitting it. 

On 12/14/2018 at 4:53 PM, Delano said:

My mistake i was refering to the post. 

So I'll split it with you. 

I could have been clearer about the reference. So there is some culpability on my side. 

Delano

No but you do.

And I'm not the only one.
It's COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD that accusing a married (and in most cases a girlfriend/boyfriend) individual of having an affair is harmful to their public reputation.

Also, in many if not most circles accusing a heterosexual of homosexual behavior is also harmful to their reputation....especially in religious circles.

I mean that harmful accusations consist of more than just whether or not you INTENDED to cause harm.
Even if you didn't INTEND to cause harm, the CONTENT of what you said may still be very harmful.

Rape is an act that can result in jail time. In our culture an affair doesn't have the same penalties.

True, but it can still ruin a person's reputation!

No..in the United States adultery is not ILLEGAL, but it is still considered by most IMMORAL and UNETHICAL by most.

Except for many VERY wealthy people who don't take marriage seriously anyway and routinely swap wives and engage in all manner of sexual behavior....lol.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

s COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD that accusing a married (and in most cases a girlfriend/boyfriend) individual of having an affair is harmful to their public reputation

My saying Elijah Muhammed raped teen age girls didn't diminish your opinion of him, nor Troy. 

I mean that harmful accusations consist of more than just whether or not you INTENDED to cause harm.
Even if you didn't INTEND to cause harm, the CONTENT of what you said may still be very harmful

A question is not an accusation, nor is a question a statement. So unless you want to fight with grammar . You dont have a case, unless we were in court. You may want to read or reread the four different types of sentences. 

No..in the United States adultery is not ILLEGAL, but it is still considered by most IMMORAL and UNETHICAL by most

Then why use an example as if rape and infidelity are equivalent. Its using hyperbole in a way that is an attempt to undermine my position. While skirting around the central issue, a question can not be libel or slander. I'll tell you what, its too hard for you to find ONE case to make your point. Just run a seach and post the link and I'll check. If more than half agree with you I'll concede the point. Does that sound fair to you. 

Except for many VERY wealthy people who don't take marriage seriously anyway and routinely swap wives and engage in all manner of sexual behavior....lol.

Like the Christians and Donald Trump , this is slight sarcasm but with any luck you might get the point. 

Delano

My saying Elijah Muhammed raped teen age girls didn't diminish your opinion of him, nor Troy.

Troy can speak for himself but no.....it didn't.
Because I don't believe it's true that he did.

But when you put a statement that derogatory and inflammatory out in public where thousands have access to it...out of that number MANY WILL believe it.
Thus, a certain amount of damage is done.

If you don't know the FACTS, it's best not to put out derogatory information.
Especially if you've repeatedly been asked to prove or atleast provide evidence for yet failed to do.

A question is not an accusation, nor os a questiin a statement. So unless you want to fight with gramma. Yiu dont jave a case, unlwss we were in court. Yiu may want to read or reread the four different types of sentences.

Man, ain't nobody trying to 'fight with grandma"...lol

You made 2 derogatory claims inside your question.
You claimed that King had affairs and you claimed that he slept with men and these claims (that you were unable to prove or even substantiate) were PART of the question.

It's like going over a man's house on Thanksgiving, sitting down to the dinner table, and casually asking him infront of his wife and family:
"So, are you still banging that b*tch over on Grand River Ave. or have you found another one????"

You've just implicated him as an adulterer and demeaned him infront of his family INSIDE the question you asked him.

Then why use an example as if rape and infidelity are equivalent.

?????
Who said they were?

I don't think they are, although they ARE part of the same category of IMMORALITY.
Just like assault isn't equivalent to murder but both fall under the category of CRIME.

Its using hyperbole in a way that is an attempt to undermine my position.

No, it's called being ANALYTICAL and keeping things within proper perspective to keep you from clouding up the argument which is what you're TRYING to do.

Thou shalt not confused MORALS, with LAWS, or LAWS with ETHICS.
They are 3 separate categories.

I asked you ti show me one legal case, or even a search on is a question grounds for libel or slander. And here the discussion concludes for me. 

10 hours ago, Delano said:

@Delano you are running off the rails man. Do you even know what I think about Elijah Muhammed? If so please tell me, for I'd like to know. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:16 PM, Delano said:

I asked you ti show me one legal case, or even a search on is a question grounds for libel or slander. And here the discussion concludes for me. 

Will you end the discussion unable (or unwilling) to admit that you have absolutely NO evidence to support your claims that The Reverend Doctor was an adulterous homosexual?

Yes you are both right, I don't know why I ever think of disagreeibg with either of you. I have learned about all of us thank you. 

4 hours ago, Delano said:

Yes you are both right, I don't know why I ever think of disagreeibg with either of you. I have learned about all of us thank you. 

Not sure how much you've learned about those of us on this site, but unless you've learned "all about".....or atleast ENOUGH about....Martin Luther King,  you shouldn't be spreading false rumors about him or his sexuality.

37 minutes ago, Troy said:

Still won't answer a question direct question huh @Delano?

6 hours ago, Delano said:

I said both you and Pioneer are right. What else would you like me to say. 

3 hours ago, Delano said:

I said both you and Pioneer are right. What else would you like me to say. 

I would LIKE for you to apologize for attempting to smear the reputation of a good man who put his life on the line and died for the rights of you and other AfroAmericans, but that would be TOO MUCH like the right thing to do.....lol.

So I won't ask for it.