Black Lives Matter co-founder named FACULTY DIRECTOR OF MFA PROGRAM

PATRISSE CULLORS NAMED FACULTY DIRECTOR OF NEW SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ARTS PRACTICE MFA PROGRAM AT PRESCOTT COLLEGE

Prospective students will be able to complete the program online with an optional residency in LA at the Crenshaw Dairy Mart

Today, Arizona’s Prescott College announced the unveiling of their new Social and Environmental Arts Practice MFA program helmed by Patrisse Cullors, artist, activist, educator/public speaker, Black Lives Matter Global Network co-founder, founder and chairperson of Reform L.A. Jails, as the Faculty Director. The program, strategically designed by Cullors and Prescott, is the first of its kind in the nation to focus a curriculum on the intersection of art, social justice and community organizing that extends beyond the page — creating a pathway to positively respond to social and environmental issues in ways that inspire and mobilize community-based solutions.

Students enrolled in the 48-credit online MFA degree have the option to complete a residency in Los Angeles, California at The Crenshaw Dairy Mart, a studio where Cullors and many of the faculty that teach in the program work. Cullors was intentional in every aspect of the program design, with classes lending themselves to evaluating nature, culture, society, and the environment through the arts. Core classes to complete as part of the curriculum include “Art as Social & Environmental Practice”, which introduces students to the fundamental theories and concepts of art as social and environmental practice; “The Rise of Performance Art in the Fine Arts World”, which will look at the ways social practice has evolved from 1960 to present; and “Studio Practice”, which is course work that can be fulfilled through mentorships and/or online courses as approved in the student’s degree roadmap. To learn more about the program visit: 
prescott.edu/mfa 
  • Like 1

Hmmmm......
Perhaps it's because I'm not the most academic person in the world, but this sounds like a big ball of confusion.

First of all, it appears that Ms Cullors has way too many titles. Community organizing experience tells me that if she sincerely wants to solve the problems she's involved in then she needs to focus on only a couple or maybe 3 at a time.

Secondly, what EXACTLY is this program suppose to foster?
The article said:
"
The program, strategically designed by Cullors and Prescott, is the first of its kind in the nation to focus a curriculum on the intersection of art, social justice and community organizing that extends beyond the page creating a pathway to positively respond to social and environmental issues in ways that inspire and mobilize community-based solutions.

Surely I'm not the only one who was left scratching my head as to what that means....lol.
Exactly what type of results are this program supposed to accomplish operating out of some convenience store in South Central?

It sounds to m like Ms Cullors and these other people have so much grant/donor money that they don't know what to do with it all and have resorted to making up stuff to do rather than wisely devising something tangible and effective to actually help the community.

It's an on-line course that operates out of a convenience store and promises a "Master's degree in Fine Arts".
Unless you're a 70 year old wealthy White woman looking for something to do between yoga classes.......one would be hard pressed to find a bigger waste of time and money.

I know I've mentioned this several times. But white imperial society rewards coonery and acquiescence. This woman is being rewarded by white liberals for her promotion of homophilia among black people. I'd also like to point out that Botham Jean's brother, the coon who hugged the white killer cop in court, was rewarded by white conservatives this week when he received an "Ethical Courage Reward" from a Texas police union. Crazy living in this world.

• Thanks 2

You're just witnessing how thorough the brainwashing of Christianity is in our people not just in the United States but in much of the Caribbean and Africa.

Many of those people are more religious than AfroAmericans and they not only believe in and eat up every word the Caucasian missionaries tell them....but many of them actually believe in and venerate the picture of Cacuasian "Jesus" and "saints" given to them by the colonizers decades ago!