Barack Obama Didn't Do a Darn Thing For Black People

FAS, I already offered a link that stated 40% of Black voters sat home in 2016.  I will offer a graphic this time.

Blacks by far, bear the brunt of the blame for not voting in 2016. Forty percent is a huge number. Go ahead and find another community with such a poor turnout. Too many want to ignore the massive turnouts Blacks gifted Obama with. Not once, but twice. 

Black voters failed to deliver in key states that Obama won.

I understand wanting to put the onus for failing to vote on other peoples and on other factors. But the bottom line is this: We did not come out to vote in 2016. If anyone has alternative evidence from a legitimate and viable source, then furnish it.

When members of your own group collectively decide to surrender when they have a chance to fight on, that’s illogical. Refusing to vote is not a legitimate protest. It is surrender.  Voters in the U.S. traditionally have a low turnout, particularly during non-presidential election years.

Does anyone really think Blacks are not going to have a harder time surviving under Trump 2.0?

Trump won chiefly because of Black voter apathy, third party voters and women on all sides who did not care for a female Commander-in-Chief. At least, that is what some pundits think.

FAS, I applaud your defense of our people on the voting issue. But the truth must be out. We as a people just need to do better. We have before. And we can do it again.  Our votes can make a difference.

Troy, actually Blacks DO vote as a block when it comes to national elections. I posted a second graph that proves this.

I know some Black people claim the electoral process is completely rigged. So, how exactly did Obama win twice? I guess the GOP ran out of rope for their rigging.

One thing that is true is that Republicans have long used Voter Suppression to win elections. I also believe if votes are compiled by computer systems, that hackers can either add or take away ballots.  We definitely have challenges. This is no time to throw in the towel and proclaim: "Gee, we just can't win."

Blacks Vote for Dems.jpg

2016 Voter-turnout.png

Edited by Stefan
Remove a WashPost link
Guest FAS
3 hours ago, Troy said:

Guest FAS, please consider creating an account so that I do not have to approve your posts.

@Troy

After this conversation, I'll prolly not be posting again. Thanks for your gracious offer, however.

@Stefan

Not only have I given a link that states 41% (not 40%) of ALL Americans didn't vote in 2016, but:

Go ahead and find another community with such a poor turnout

Even your link shows that Asians and Hispanics voted less than black people. Now if you rationale is to just keep refusing to deal with any CORROBORATED notion counter to your "implied" one of "blacks are the most powerful demographic in the U.S., able to elect a POTUS at a single bound", well, have at it.  

Btw, the kicking blacks and some Hispanics off the rolls wasn't a Republican tactic in 2008 or 2012. It started in 2016. And that white women voters outnumber ALL eligible black voters, male and female, means nothing to your narrative. well, more of your same ole, same ole.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread. For those who like black self-flagellating, it's yours. Bye.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

I know some people claim the electoral process is completely rugged. So, how exactly did Obama win twice?

Stefan you are working on the assumption the the different parties matter. The interests of the oligarchy were well served by the Obama presidency.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Troy, actually Blacks DO vote as a block when it comes to national elections.

Actually, we don't and the charts you presented would tell this story if your first graph also considered the 40% of the so called Black voter "block" who did not participate. How we be considered a block when fully half the eligible Black people did not vote for Obama

Do you think Black voter turnout will be higher or lower this year? The towel was thrown in 2016 with the decrease in votes for the Democrat, an increase in votes for the Republican, and a sharp decrease in votes overall.

6 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

After this conversation, I'll prolly not be posting again.

I'm sorry to read this.

I’ve debated some strident, but intelligent, racists on a couple of news forums. This was in 2002 when I was debating the legitimacy of the coming Iraq War.

It took a while, but eventually I made quite a few friends on there. It was not all about fighting and trying to get the best of each other.

Even these Conservatives back then acknowledged facts from legitimate sources. In fact, it was a requirement on that forum to provide support for your assertions.

Now, not all liked my responses. But no one ever claimed I made stuff up. Most Black reporters get fired if we are caught faking news. So, I learned to do my work.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Stefan said:

because of refusing to purchase health insurance.

@StefanSo, here you come with this typical statement in that poor Black people simply refuse to purchase health insurance, that Obama has now made a federal tax-health law. 

And here you come with your efforts to try and define all Black people as negative because we don't worship Obama and your voting system and homosexual-pedophilia. 

Even though Obama was elected for 2 terms, to try and get us all to vote even though the damage is already done.

Obama won 2 election terms, so why are you whining about Black people not voting for him?

I agree with what the young man, Kaepernick once stated in that this system needs to be overhauled.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Stefan said:

Why should any Community be forced to undertake the monetary responsibility of those who don’t heed health warnings and become seriously ill?

Oh Wow, you need to go back many years when this whole earth has been set up to pay for health issues of the colonizers?

Europeans have caused this whole world to pay for health issues that coulds have been avoided.

Now, if African Americans were properly educated by this system, they would know how Europe was set up and it seems as if, they gave everybody healthcare, but then all of a sudden, ... millions of ethnic people were exterminated. This is what bothers me about this repeat.

I only mentioned certain topics that you listed because I feel that is the major issue that has damaged us.

Obama to suck them into having to pay for even more health issues that were not inherently our issues, in the first place.

Soon or later, many Black people are going to realize that they have been tricked into paying taxes, taxes, and more taxes through this healthcare-tax law, 

that was orchestrated for that very reason. 

All lower class people have been affected by that law, however, the poor AFrican Americans are completely sacked. 

They have been completely sacked and punished for being Black, and not being able to get decent paying jobs.

Obama knows that this system will not help Black people in the job market, yet he put this law on us anyway.

I am grateful, that I did not have to pay $1,6240 per month penalty, because, I fought and fought and fought the paperwork and stayed on the phone endlessly trying to learn how to be lawbiding, but it was difficult. 

Chevdove, you can believe as you wish. 

The ACA offered millions health insurance when they had none or had insufficient coverage

Many others have said the same. If one does not want to buy  health insurance that is on them. Because anyone can opt out.

Personally, I don't believe half the folks who claimed they suffered financially due to the ACA. Such ones tend to lie or exaggerate, absent any definitive proof.

Millions of folks in this country have been bankrupted because they lacked health insurance or the ability to pay high medical bills. If Black people decide to forego health insurance, don’t blame me. The onus is on them.

Do they think they’re really going to receive a great health insurance deal from Republicans? The bottom line is that Obama’s ACA gave health insurance to millions who never had it. If no one wanted to pay a fine, then they need to obtain insurance through other means, ya know, like a full time job?

I am aware that medical costs are ridiculous. So are prices for homes. When I had no health insurance, I just hoped I would not get sick. But if you have children, that is a difficult proposition.

Depending on what state and what health provider one goes to, there may be cheaper alternatives. But today, for those who do not have health coverage, they face an uncertain fate.

Would you drive your own car without insurance? Do you have home owner’s insurance? Renter’s insurance? If you own a company, do you obtain insurance? What happens if you there’s an incident and you’re held liable?

Or you can take a chance by not buying insurance.

20 hours ago, Stefan said:

Personally, I don't believe half the folks who claimed they suffered financially due to the ACA. Such ones tend to lie or exaggerate, absent any definitive proof.

Whether its ACA or otherwise, average white people's wealth almost doubled under Obama, and continues upward under Trump. Black people are still near ZERO today for wealth. Obviously being forced to pay for something when you have no money to begin with is a financial burden. White people gained more money under Obama, thus didn't take a hit being forced to buy insurance, which does nothing more than enrich the executives at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, etc.

Black wealth.png

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, Kareem said:

Whether its ACA or otherwise, average white people's wealth almost doubled under Obama, and continues upward under Trump. Black people are still near ZERO today for wealth. Obviously being forced to pay for something when you have no money to begin with is a financial burden. White people gained more money under Obama, thus didn't take a hit being forced to buy insurance, which does nothing more than enrich the executives at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, etc.

@Kareem Thank you!

On 2/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Stefan said:

The ACA offered millions health insurance when they had none or had insufficient coverage

@Stefan This is an old trick that Europe already did!

Obama is not to blame for the increasing wealth gap. The wealth gap began to narrow in his early years. 

It soon resumed widening, not because of Obama. But due to a low inheritance tax. And that particular levy continues to play a major factor in separating in wealth accumulation by Whites.

The ACA is a bonafide accomplishment of the Obama administration.

Oh, Europe did it? And you think this is nothing but a trick? Many would call it an attempt to bring about Universal Healthcare. 

On 3/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Stefan said:

The ACA is a bonafide accomplishment of the Obama administration.

But absolutely not for my benefit.

African Americans like myself were completely destroyed financially as a result of this ACA.

I would absolutely believe though, that it has helped a certain class of Black Americans though, we have definitely been divided by 

American policies.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Stefan said:

Oh, Europe did it? And you think this is nothing but a trick? Many would call it an attempt to bring about Universal Healthcare. 

Universal Healthcare!? Sort of like 'Rome going out to tax the whole world'. 

I believe in good intentions though. 

Chevdove, my comments stand.

You seem to have an inability to stay on point. You are obsessed with Europe and how it relates to the Obama administration. 

If you are this angry with Obama, you are free to join Diamond and Silk. 

@Stefan Oh know, here you go with underhanded tactics.

I have no idea of Diamond and Silk, nor will I waste my time trying to find out.

It would be crazy for any Black American believer in truth to accept a Homosexual-pedophile 'black' president  put on us 

through this government.

My great grandmother was stolen from Africa when she was only 8 years old, don't mess with me about your belief 

in Obama. There is no program, even Obamacare that can affectively deal with this kind of origin for Afican American DOS.

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

@Stefan Oh know, here you go with underhanded tactics.

I have no idea of Diamond and Silk, nor will I waste my time trying to find out.

It would be crazy for any Black American believer in truth to accept a Homosexual-pedophile 'black' president  put on us 

through this government.

Obama is Gay and a pedophile? LOL