Oprah Winfrey posts lists of Black Bookshops

Thanks @Delano I noticed this and wrote about how they sourced AALBC for the list without attributing it to me.

You know @Pioneer1 that might actually be a good idea.  But nothing they'd consider doing during a pandemic. 

They could commit to buying books from our websites.  But again, this opportunity was missed as I described in the article I linked to above.

Exactly. E-commerce is not our strength.

Bookshop is not Black-owned, but they have capitalized on our collective weaknesses. They are marginally better than Amazon.

The longer term problem is that Black booksellers will never achieve true independence while they hand over their online business over to Bookshop. 

Amazon was appealing too in the beginning. I'm not going down the same road eith Bookshop, plus they already treat AALBC as a competitor. 

I didn't even know you had a "readingblack" section on this site...lol.

Every few months or so I'll log in and see more forums or a new forum I hadn't noticed before.  

Since I have a pretty domineering presence I try to limit my activities to the Culture, Race & Economy forum and venture out only when asked by someone to...so as to give others enough space to express themselves without my interfering.

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

you indicated that you were not interested in gaining Twitter exposure for the hashtag

I reread what I would and don't see how you drew this conclusion.  To clarify #readingblack lives here, not on Twitter. 

I'm happy for people to use any means at their disposal promote #readingblack or AALBC.  The can use social media, email, post cards, or shout it from the highest roof-top.