Kurt Zouma has led to a question?

now0.jpg

Kurt Zouma is a black athlete. He kicked a cat and made a video of it. Adidas terminated their shoe deal with him. 

Years before Eden HAzard a white athlete. Kicked a ball boy and he didn't lose his shoe deal.

Years before Luis Suarez a mestizo athlete. Achieved multiple incidents of biting another player. He didn't lose his Adidas shoe deal and Adidas publicly stated, I paraphrase, they talked and the player comprehends the standards of adidas.

I end my examples that show incongruity. 

This question I have in this post isn't about the incidents or the actions of adidas. 

If a firm has the right to maintain or destroy a relationship based on a whim or financial assessment or culture or anything it see fit, I pose the following question.

Will the signal of a black owned firm operating in a similar matter, absent any congruency, be the best sign of black empowerment , in a humanity dominated by fiscal capitalism?

RichardMurray,

I am aware of the incident involving Mr. Zouma, could have watched the video, but chose not to.

To answer your question: The answer is YES. Companies can terminate contracts and endorsement deals if public pressure becomes so enormous to do so. Other companies will do this as a pre-emptive measure, to prevent such demands, a drop in stock price or demonstrations outside offices.

I don't know when some Black people of note will get it into their heads that the news media, fans and entire countries exhibit a decidedly negative reaction when a Black athlete or celebrity harms an animal, especially a species that is highly favored as a household pet.

This does not mean Black people have to be perfect. But it definitely means expect a furious blowback if you are dark-skinned or Black and commit a serious mistake a White person may escape punishment from. That's just the way world is.

And kicking dogs and cats are huge no no's in a country like the U.S. where many people value the lives of their pets' above those of People of Color.

Look at what Michael Vick went through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

Will the signal of a black owned firm operating in a similar matter, absent any congruency, be the best sign of black empowerment , in a humanity dominated by fiscal capitalism?

A wholly owned black firm would not have to address and/or levy a severe punishment for such an offense. 

Black folks know they're under a different magnifying glass yet they continue to crash into the glass like an angry bird. 

I remember when Tiger Woods ex-wife went upside his head with one of his golf clubs. Sponsors dropped him. They convinced him to enter a rehab for sex addiction.

Tiger's ex-wife got half of his half billion dollar fortune despite him having a $25 million prenuptial agreement. I cannot imagine infidelity voiding a pre-nup since side pieces is the main reason for having such an agreement. He had a terrible lawyer.🤣

Nonetheless, while Tiger didn’t want to claim being one...they treated his azz like a black man. Stripped him of everything until they were satisfied with his atonement.

Black folks gotta play by their rules and know they will be harshly punished for painting outside the lines.

We can't do anything they disagree with and get away with it. Just ask OJ. 😁😎

• Like 1

Prof D,

I agree with everything you wrote. Except for your last line. I believe you were attempting to make a joke, but remember, two people lost their lives and two children were deprived of their mother in the OJ. case.

I will never consider that funny. 

But everything else you wrote is true. 

Under California law, the civil lawsuit was legally filed and O.J. was found liable for the deaths of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.

The jury in the civil suit awarded $33.5 million in damages to the victims’ families. That judgment was renewed in court in 2015 and extended through 2025. The judgement has grown to $58 million and remains largely unpaid, according to a news story I posted a link for.

But what most probably don't know is that O.J. also filed a lawsuit against a Las Vegas hotel which claimed he was drunk and disruptive during a 2017 visit. O.J. claimed the hotel staff damaged his reputation by leaking this information to TMZ and the hotel settled with O.J.

Here is the story which includes some details of the civil lawsuit you mentioned:

O.J. settles with Las Vegas hotel

19 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Under California law, the civil lawsuit was legally filed and O.J. was found liable...

The jury in the civil suit awarded $33.5 million in damages to the victims’ families.

Right. He was acquitted criminally but unsatisfied with that verdict they found him  liable (guilty) in civil court. 

Goldman's father is still chasing that money. He's hired someone to keep an eye on every nickel OJ earns. 

The interesting part is the lawsuit cannot touch O'Js pension. He gets %25k per month for the rest of his life.

Fame and fortune is easy to lose if/when one doesn't play by the rules. I hope the soccer player can move on from this situation.😎

On 2/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, ProfD said:

Black folks gotta play by their rules and know they will be harshly punished for painting outside the lines

There have been a handful of extraordinary Blacks that wrote their own rules. But in order to do this you have to be so dope that your greatness can't be denied.

36 minutes ago, Delano said:

There have been a handful of extraordinary Blacks that wrote their own rules. But in order to do this you have to be so dope that your greatness can't be denied.

Facts bro. Super dope is the operative word. Only a handful of black folks have had it so far.

Reminds me of that scene in Malcolm X when the brothas were lined up outside the hospital. They didn't move until Malcolm gave the sign. The police officer's response said it all. 😎

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Delano said:

Mind listing them?

Because throughout the history of this country, few talented and famous Blacks could withstand or escape White Supremacy unless they actually left the country. 

The younger generation of entertainers are certainly challenging the racist status quo. But I do not know of any Black person "who wrote their own rules." 

So, I am asking you to list them. 

1 minute ago, Delano said:

Then it is futile for me to try and change your mind.

You mean, you do not have a list. 

Delano, if you had the names of a few Black people you claim "wrote their own rules," then you would furnish them. My mind can be changed - but only by verifiable evidence or good persuasive writing. 

And I know you can be good at offering both. 

22 hours ago, Delano said:

Delano, the only problem is that YOU claimed that you had this information. Not me.

And like others, you think you can make a boast and then demand others prove it for you. Dude, go eat some Cheerios or something. I cannot stand phonies.

I do not need others to do my research. Just as I do not need others to do any writing for me. I've always been quite capable of performing these tasks on my own efficiently, accurately and professionally.

I'm not searching for anything because I know you're full of it. Nobody Black is that powerful that they could successfully buck this nation's oppressive White Supremacist structure. 

In fact, in response to questions about which Black person in modern history became so famous, popular or beloved that they actually transcended the skin color barrier, I could only name three:

And in this order: Muhmmad Ali, O.J. Simpson and the "King of Pop" Michael Jackson. These three men became so enormous in stature around the world that when talking about them most people never even mentioned their skin color.

But as I said before, when this White power structure is done with you, or you piss it off royally, such folks in the financial, media and in the corporate worlds can dispose of you at their leisure. 

And this happened to each of those individuals at different times. 

This may change and I hope it does. But damn, own up to your mistakes. 

@Stefan your posts proved both of my points. 

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

like others, you think you can make a boast and then demand others prove it for you. Dude, go eat some Cheerios or something. I cannot stand phonies

I'm not searching for anything because I know you're full of it. Nobody Black is that powerful

I could only name three:

But damn, own up to your mistakes.