No Surprise...Gun Sales on the Rise

As the gun control debate continues, it only makes defenders of the 2nd amendment more nervous.

So, the most logical thing for gun lovers to do is run out and buy more guns before the stores close.

I doubt supply chain shortages will affect the gun industry. But, that won't stop folks from making sure they've got more than a couple firearms.

Besides, if the government makes it harder for folks under 21 years old to buy an AR-15,  those individuals are beating the legislation. 

Politicians will talk a good game but I do not believe gun laws will change in America. The 2nd amendment generates too much money. 😎

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

It's not the Second Amendment that generates money.

Fear brings in the cash.

IMO, if fear brings in the cash from gun sales, the 2nd amendment provides the legal justification.😎

Not for assault rifles which are manufactured to do only one thing: Kill human beings. 

Most people have no clue that one of the most oft-stated historical excuses for owning firearms ... was to keep always resentful Black Slaves from rebelling. 

Because Slaves revolted every chance they got. 

3 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Most people have no clue that one of the most oft-stated historical excuses for owning firearms ... was to keep always resentful Black Slaves from rebelling. 

That's still the unspoken excuse today.  There is no other reason to own an assault rifle in a *civilized* society.😎

• Thanks 1

Do you realize these White Supremacists are now offering videos on how best to shoot into buildings, how to increase casualties with explosives, how to obtain and assemble ghost guns and how to get away it?

I really do not believe most Black people have a keen understanding of what they're up against. While other Blacks seem to know about but secretly agree with it, since they prefer Republicans be in power.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, Stefan said:

Do you realize these White Supremacists are now offering videos on how best to shoot into buildings, how to increase casualties with explosives, how to obtain and assemble ghost guns and how to get away it?

They practice and stay ready for war whether it is blowing up federal buildings to storming the US Capitol and mass shootings. 

I would not advocate that level of extremism.  It makes zero sense to tear up the place where one lives and/or to destroy people for no reason. 

But, that's why my message is about being able to defend ourselves.  We do not have an idea or a clue of what these clowns will do next.   😎

• Like 1

In theory, I actually support the 2nd Amendment because it clearly states that NO LAWS will infringe on the right of a citizen to keep and bare (carry) arms.  That means even if you have a felony or were declared crazy....as long as you are a CITIZEN of the U.S....you can pack that gat.
But as we all know, there are more gun laws out there than you can count....so that Amendment isn't worth the paper it's written on.

These racists don't give a damn about the 2nd Amendment or any other Constitutional right.

If they did, most of the federal, state, and local laws wouldn't have been enacted in the first place because they go DIRECTLY in contradiction to what is SUPPOSED to be the "highest law of the land".

It's just another trick.
Element of deception, used by the racists to deceive their victims and make them THINK they have rights they don't in order to trap them.

They have all of these "red flag" laws and rules yet time after time you hear about these crazy White men with LONG histories of making threats and talking crazy at their schools and jobs before they did something heinous....yet their guns weren't taken away nor were they even arrested.

Black People always had the right to own guns. However, the cost of the actual firearm and the requirements for a clean criminal record always got in the way. 

During the 1960's, rifle toting Black Panthers always unnerved then-FBI director J. Edgar Hoover and at one time, even worried 36th President Lyndon B. Johnson.

I’m honestly not sure that most can recall with any degree of accuracy when a few Blacks armed themselves in the 1960’s.

Because I am certain that Joy Behar, although her heart might be in the right place, has no clue what she's talking about.  

I included a photo that shows Black Panthers carrying rifles on the steps of the Washington State capitol building in Olympia, Wash., in 1969. They were protesting the lack of carry permits. Black Panthers actually walked the streets in a few cities carrying rifles and other firearms in those days. Until police confronted them.

This goes back to my original premise that when discussing this subject of arming Black people, one must always be specific. Is the firearm slated for Open Carry or Home Defense?

But few detail their true feelings. They usually trot out “Blacks need to arm ourselves,” or “We need guns,” without giving more than a cursory thought about the ramifications of such behavior. Yes, Blacks can arm themselves. But I would not walk around with a firearm unless one has an ironclad carry permit.

Philando Castile had a valid carry permit and look what happened to him. I bet others can cite additional victims.

Tyisha Shanee Miller was shot 12 times by Riverside, Calif., police after she fell asleep in her disabled car with a gun in her lap, likely for protection. Her family believes she might have passed out from a seizure on the day she died, Dec. 28, 1998.

Cops claimed they banged on the car windows with flashlights, screamed and tried to wake Tyisha when she suddenly grabbed the gun. She didn’t. The gun was never fired and a young 19-year old Black woman passed into eternity. Cops fired 23 bullets at Tyisha and she was hit 12 times, four times in the head.

This is why I discourage Open Carry for Black people. There are just too many cases where Black people lost their lives due to scaredy-cat cops who were too impatient to wait a few more minutes. Contrast this incident with the cowardly cops in Uvalde, Texas.

Now, would you believe that gun loving Blacks and Right Wing Whites actually got together to defend the Second Amendment? And they did this out in public?

After gazing at the photos, ask yourselves, do you think YOU could get away with doing the same thing with just a group of Blacks? The link will take one to this news story. The photo below is of the Black Panthers in 1969.

Armed Blacks and Right Wing Whites band together to defend the Second Amendment

Black Panthers carrying rifles.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

But few detail their true feelings. They usually trot out “Blacks need to arm ourselves,”....

@Stefan, I'm the proponent of blacks arming themselves and I've already stated that they do so legally and responsibly

For me, it doesn't matter whether it's open carry or home defense as along as the person meets the criteria above by taking a gun safety course.

Black folks are getting shot regardless of whether they're unarmed or armed. Either way, we lose.

Ultimately, owning and maintaining firearms is a personal decision. I respect the fact that it's not for everyone. 

I just hope scared azz black folks especially dudes don't come running up behind me looking for protection if/when sh8t goes sideways.😁😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stefan said:

Open Carry for Black people always has a risk of a  person getting shot. 

I'd still like to read your perspective on how black folks should protect themselves when shooters show up.😎

All you guys jolted by the sporadic incidents of mass shootings of black folks by white mental cases, have been spared the reality of what is happening in Chicagoland on a daily basis. Here, the only ones murdering black folks - and wounding and killing law enforcement officers in the course of traffic stops are black males.  Among this element, it has also become standard procedure for arguments, be they ignited by road rage or personal beefs, to be settled by gun fire. When it comes to the ongoing crimes of car jackings and robberies, they are committed by black or brown males who are all armed with guns. Gang drive-bys also contribute to the mayhem.

What easy access to guns has done is enable a significant portion of America's black male population to live and die by the trigger, and to survive off the loot of their crimes. Glamorizing black gun owners as Minute Men at the ready in case of a race war is like something out of a Spike Lee movie, starring Samuel L. Jackson. Fiction. Institutionalized racism is real and needs only an excuse to annihilate threats to its power.

• Like 3

@Cynique,  the reality of what is happening in Chicagoland and black cities around the US begs the following questions:

1) What are the conditions that fuel crime among black folks?

2) Who created the conditions that lead to crimes among black folks?

3) How did guns and drugs get into black communities?

You're correct...institutionalized racism is very real and it answers every question. 

Here I go again...blacks need to figure how destroy the system that literally has blacks folks killing themselves directly and indirectly. 😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

the reality of what is happening in Chicagoland and black cities around the US begs the following questions:

You're correct...institutionalized racism is very real and it answers every question. 

Here I go again...blacks need to figure how destroy the system that literally has blacks folks killing themselves directly and indirectly. 

@ProfDMy answer to your "begging question" is an unpopular one, - the response I've been giving for years. There are plenty of black inner city kids who exist under the same conditions as the wayward ones yet, unlike them, don't  pack guns or engage in illegal activities or join gangs. in fact, they are often the innocent victims of the bad apples. What causes this problem? The  one thing that racism doesn't play a role in; that which has almost become a right of passage among black girls: achieving the status of a "baby momma", something that is unfortunately not synonymous with being a good parent.

Yes, these divas with the long glittering nails, braided hair extension, and curled false  eyelashes can and do provide their kids with a lot of material things, but ask anyone who teaches school in the ghetto about the unruly little monsters with belligerent or negligent young single mothers. Listen to the reports about how these kids use profanity and flip gang signs and pretend that pencils are guns. I don't waste my  energy finding excuses for them. I save it to admire those who are lucky enough to survive and achieve in spite of the obstacles. Thanks to their home environment.

Lotsa of luck in solving this cultural dilemma.        

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDMy answer to your "begging question" is an unpopular one, - the response I've been giving for years.

I save it to admire those who are lucky enough to survive and achieve in spite of the obstacles. Thanks to their home environment.

Lotsa of luck in solving this cultural dilemma.        

@Cynique,  I totally agree with your response.

There is an element among AfroAmericans  that is extremely toxic. We definitely need to clean up our own house. 

While institutionalized racism caused the conditions, only black folks can break those cycles of dysfunction.

IMO, the responsibility for solving ALL problems that plague black people falls on the black man. We should be the leaders, providers, disciplinarians and protectors of our race. 

As long as black men fail to lead the charge, black folks will repeat cycles of dysfunction and be victims of racism white supremacy. 😎

Just as I've always said. 

Cynique nails the problem in our inner cities and neighborhoods succinctly and some push back with "Yeah, but ... "

There's no "Yeah, but' about it. The majority of us do not pick up a gun. And the sooner we absorb this truth, the better off psychologically we'll be.

ProfD

I know those questions were directed at Cynique, but if I may...

Poverty, living in an unjust and confusing system, and for many of our people...low intelligence.
A lot of them are not smart enough to know how to LEGALLY make a living for themselves, so they turn to crime.

The White racists for the most part.
But in many cases, Black folks made the conditions themselves by producing children in an unfavorable environment and not properly preparing for a more successful live early on in their youth.

The White racists are the primary ones responsible for bringing them in, and they also use their Black flunkies as well as flunkies from other races (Arabs, Asians, Latinos, ect....).

Primarily speaking, the high crime rate in the AfroAmerican community is the FAULT of the White racists but it's the RESPONSIBILITY of AfroAmericans to clean it up and make our community safe.  We can't intelligently expect the very same people who CAUSED the problem to come up with the solution.  We have to do it ourselves.
That's why I say intelligent Black men and women will eventually have to march into these crime-ridden battle zones in the ghetto and drive out the Shaniquas and DeMarios and run them off the block for things to be safe.

@ProfD

I just happened to notice that you requested a reply from me which I did not see.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, ProfD said:

I'd still like to read your perspective on how black folks should protect themselves when shooters show up.😎

When shooters show up WHERE? Yours is a disingenuous request because you're talking about a hypothetical situation. There's no specifics.

If shooters some to your home and you have a legal firearm, then you can try to reach it. The same applies if you have an Open Carry permit and shooters come to your job, a club, an eatery, a mall, a store a barber or a salon. Open Carry means just that.

A permit for home protection is just for home protection. Disagree? Hire a lawyer. I am against Open Carry.

Just as I predicted, assault rifles will not be banned by the U.S. Senate. Which means more multiple target shootings are likely. What does one do then?

Go by the same mantra you may have learned from your parents, siblings, friends and class mates - defend yourself using any means necessary.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:32 PM, Stefan said:

Yours is a disingenuous request because you're talking about a hypothetical situation. There's no specifics.

I was sincere in my question regarding your perspective on how we should defend ourselves.  I appreciate your reply.

Regardless of how black folks choose to protect themselves, at the very least, we should be thinking and talking about it.  There are both diplomatic and extreme alternatives. 😎

I understand you are sincere. But my whole life, I've dealt with reality and taught everyone around me this. You cannot take defensive action for an event or an occurrence that has not happened.

There are normal precautions everyone should take: But that's part of situational awareness.

For example, I've always noted where the emergency exits are in any venue I entered. Part of that is because it saves time leaving in a hurry, you can guide others to safety, and you teach those with you those "EXIT" signs mean a quick escape.

I hope I'm not around would-be mass shooters. But one never knows. People become enraged in they don't have enough ice.

Situational awareness is a precursor to defensive action.

Active shooter training provides a laundry list of things people should do if/when there is an event.

All things considered, I think everyone would benefit from taking such a course. 😎

20 hours ago, Stefan said:

I hope I'm not around would-be mass shooters.

Given how rare these situations occur I can virtually guarantee that you will not be. 

Again the way the media plays these events up it hard to believe the events are very rarely occur. You are far more likely to be gunned downed, or treated violently, by someone you actually know than you are to be victimized in a mass shooting. 

@Troy

These so-called shootings in which there are multiple victims are no longer rare. They seem to happen every couple of weeks now.

I wonder how many on here know that the shooter who waltzed into a summer youth camp in Duncanville, Texas, is Black? 

He's dead now. Cops confronted his dark-skinned butt immediately after he took two shots and took him out. Good thing those Texas cops didn't wait around for the situation to become worse. 

Gunman who opened fire in Texas youth camp killed by police

5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Cops confronted his dark-skinned butt immediately after he took two shots and took him out. Good thing those Texas cops didn't wait around for the situation to become worse. 

So, cops do know how to take down a shooter immediately depending on skin color. 😎

• Thanks 1

Here's something to think about.......

He was indeed an armed Black man, but suppose he wasn't there for malevolent purposes but was there to protect the children?

We know what they are saying in the MEDIA, but the media often does lie so much and give out so much false information in these incidents....especially early on.
WHAT IF (just a supposition) he was a solid brother who for some reason thought he had to be their to protect the youth and they took him out? 

Here is the updated version of the news story.

Apparently, the deceased shooter was searching for a woman.

Why would anyone think they could simply show up at youth summer camp with no prior announcement armed with a gun? I knew he wasn't there to help. Because if he was, teachers and counselors would not have rushed to keep the children safe.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/no-children-harmed-summer-campers-moved-after-incident-duncanville-fieldhouse/

I have to be honest, we have much more of a criminal thug problem than a gun problem. Getting rid of guns is not going to get rid of criminal intent; the thugs will find other ways. We need to stop the violent criminals who are choosing to buy illegal guns, choosing to commit robbery and murder. Violent Criminals search and prey on innocent victims, guns do not.

That said I fully endorse raising the age to buy a semi automatic weapon to 21.

The solution in our community is to start bringing our children in a much more structured environment. Far too many black babies are born to young, unskilled, low income mothers. Where is the structure? We need to to get with the program. Its starting to get silly.

AfroAmerican men can solve the problems that plague our communities from raising their children to creating economic opportunities and building wealth.

However, the proliferation of legal firearms in America is a bigger issue.  It still needs to be addressed why white folks need so many guns. 😎

• Like 1

White folks arent gang banging, commiting armed robberies, home invasions, and car jackings. By the way, either are asians.

We have a criminal thug problem and those thugs have intent. Intent to commit violent acts with or without a gun. Why are we only 14% of the population but we commit almost 60% of all violent crime?

asians are minorities and the media claims they are oppressed but yet they dont commit violent crimes. I wonder why ? Well, we know why.

I think too many guns ARE a problem in the United States today.

However, since this nation is FLOODED with them and there doesn't seem to be any serious efforts on the part of those in charge to reduce them, then I say RIGHTEOUS and INTELLIGENT AfroAmericans need to acquire them and learn how to properly use them.

Remember that we're fighting a war on TWO FRONTS.
White racism and Black ignorance.

RIGHTEOUS and INTELLIGENT AfroAmericans need protection from the White racist demons as well as the Black criminal element in many of our communities.

White demons??? Are you kidding.  Blacks are great at killing each other, you dont need whites to do that. Remember, it was brave WHITE MEN from the north that freed the slaves. It was brave WHITE MEN that won world war 2 and defeating nazi germany. It was the intelligent white man that came up with all world changing inventions. You owe your life to White people.

If blacks never came to America, can you imagine how horrible your life in africa would be today !!!

Cowardly white men enslaved, tortured and mistreated black folks for 400 years.

Adding insult to injury, white men of a similar mentality stole ideas and inventions from black folks and sold them as their own. 

White men start world wars against each other. Anyone and anything else in their path is collateral damage. 😎 

Giving everyone a gun is a terrible idea. Some people are simply not mature enough to handle being armed because their first impulse is to use a gun immediately in the event of a dispute.

A former high school basketball standout has lost his life after he was shot when an argument broke out a late evening barbeque in Harlem on Sunday night. Several others were injured.

Giving every person who wants one a gun will not lower gun deaths.

https://news.yahoo.com/harlem-local-basketball-star-slain-175816519.html

I didn't link the article to avoid driving folks to that ISP.😁

Amalgated Bank submitted an application that would create a merchant code for gun sellers.

The merchant code would allow gun and ammunition sales by credit cars to be tracked. The application was denied twice.

Yet, several mass shooters have used credit cards to spend thousands of dollars on firearms and ammo. 

Pushing the responsibility of gun control back k to elected officials seems like a convenient way to allow gun folks to continue making money and keeping privileged Americans armed. 😎

On 6/19/2022 at 10:49 AM, Greg said:

It was the intelligent white man that came up with all world changing inventions. You owe your life to White people.

If blacks never came to America, can you imagine how horrible your life in africa would be today !!!

I got it! Greg is really UNCLE RUCKUS! 😮

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ProfD said:

The number of legal gun owners and the amount of firearms they possess outnumbers the entire black population in America. 😎

The difference is legal white gun owners use them for self defense, illegal black gun owners use them to commit violence against BOTH whites and other blacks. Blacks are killed by blacks ! They are their own worst enemies.

Wait until the usual Trump lovers and GOP defenders manage through lies, intimidation and financial chicanery, to assume control of the White House and the House and Senate.

In the days of what you call "The Wild West," people gunned down others over petty disputes, perceived insults and dreams of making some quick money.

This was not every day. But it is similar to what is going on in our inner cities and to a lesser extent, in suburban and rural communities today. There are drug war battles everywhere. 

I think the country will descend into Right Wing madness first. Most news gathers and world events observers can sense it.

India's Modi has approved wholesale attacks on Muslims. Israel openly murdered a world acclaimed Palestinian journalist who was wearing easily seen clothing that identified her as a news reporter - and Israel has gotten away it.

Because all over the globe, in China, in Russia, in the U.S., in Malaysia in parts of Africa, the Jackboots are getting ready to march.

But too many are still blind to the danger. 

Political Disunity guarantees Defeat.