Gun terror in America--From the POV of others outside of America

Gun terror in America

This showed up on my channel. After watching, I thought about how other countries and peoples view us here in America. 

Just how does media influence the way other people think about America today?

Is the gun violence really the way that this report portrays?

I did not realize it was on this scale from the viewpoint of others outside of America until I watched this video. 

@Chevdove

The State Department has a rating for other countries but they don’t rate the U.S. So one day I did a search to find out how other countries rank they U.S. and found The U.S. ranked as one top 15 dangerous countries in the world.  In fact, there are a bunch of youtube channels hosted by expats. Most people who can afford to leave the U.S. have left.  But  yes this is how highly developed countries and even emerging markets see the U.S. - They see our hypocrisy and call it out. 

• Thanks 1

who are using the guns for killing? Blacks

Who is pulling the trigger? Blacks.

who is responsible for the majority of murders in the United States ? Blacks

if blacks had no guns they would still murder, rob, steal, and assault. They would just use other methods, similar to methods used in prisons and even worse.

You are making it sound like guns turn blacks violent. No !!!  
Violent blacks with no impulse control CHOOSE to kill people everyday ! Guns dont make blacks violent, the black culture and lack of family structure make blacks violent. Blacks have the most violent communities in the world.

The United States of America (USA) has always been hypocritical from a geopolitical perspective when it comes to gun laws, human rights, extremism, terrorism and everything else. 

But, the USA is the #1 super power in the world which equates to "do as I say and don't worry about what I do". 

For all of its warts, there's a reason why people from all over the world still want to come to the  USA.  The state doesn't matter.  Folks just want to get here.

The gun industry is worth $63 billion.  That's a whole lot of money. 

There are about 20 thousand people killed in gun-related homicides annually.  That is about 0.005970% deaths out of a population of 335 million people. 

From a human perspective, those deaths are preventable. Very few people want to deal with a family member or friend getting shot and killed.

From a money perspective, it's apparently an acceptable amount of loss in the course of doing business. Otherwise, the gun lobby wouldn't be so adamant in protecting it.

Japan averages less than 10 homicides per year in a country of 126 million people. There are less than 350 thousand guns in that country.

America has to decide why it's necessary to have  393 million guns floating around. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

For all of its warts, there's a reason why people from all over the world still want to come to the  USA.

1.7 million since January 2021  have migrated mostly  "due to deteriorating political, economic and humanitarian conditions in several countries, particularly in Venezuela, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Haiti."  

It appears very few migrate here from countries with stable economies and less violence.  

In the last 20 years, the amount of Americans leaving the US has doubled according one Insurance website -the US  doesn't keep records of those who give up their citizenship, but  Aetna reports a minimum of 9 million have left.
https://www.aetnainternational.com/en/about-us/explore/living-abroad/culture-lifestyle/where-are-Americans-emigrating-to-and-why.html
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/counting-uncountable-overseas-americans
https://cis.org/Report/ForeignBorn-Population-Hit-Record-47-Million-April-2022

3 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

In the last 20 years, the amount of Americans leaving the US has doubled according one Insurance website -the US  doesn't keep records of those who give up their citizenship, but  Aetna reports a minimum of 9 million have left.

According to the articles,  Just as immigrants arrive in America seeking a better quality of life, many Americans leave for the same reason...economic.  None of the articles mention violence as a reason for Americans leaving.

I'd be curious to know how many of those people were foreign-born who came to the US in order to "make it" and left to return to their home country or another one.  Same goes for the # of US-born folks who decided to pick up and go elsewhere. 

I know quite a few folks who are only here taking advantage of the opportunities America provides with the ultimate goal of leaving and going back "home".😎

41 minutes ago, ProfD said:

None of the articles mention violence as a reason for Americans leaving.

Oh, this tidbit of information came from a research I used when I was working on a story about "statelessness."  There's a whole lot of information available on the 'whys.'  I found out because I was invested in the story I was working on.  Also, if you want to spend some time on the topic, use the search term expats on YouTube you'll find former Americans sharing their stories. 

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

ome of us just move to the suburbs. Depending on where we shop, work, play, etc., it feels like  we're in another country.

Truthdotcom! 

I live in my head most of the time! So peaceful here 🤓

9 hours ago, ProfD said:

From a money perspective, it's apparently an acceptable amount of loss in the course of doing business. Otherwise, the gun lobby wouldn't be so adamant in protecting it.

I’ve been so naive!  Like I wrote I live in my head.

So, let’s look at the proliferation of guns and technology as an untapped market.  You mentioned people come here and send money home.  What if their fam is in Ukraine, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Eritrea?  It may not be easy to get weapons there.., but anyone can get weapons here.  We don’t even need a license.  Voila.. all of sudden that $63 B industry is worth a lot more off the books.  

The U.S. doesn’t even have dirty their rep by getting involved with arming other countries anymore.  We’ve become unwitting independent contractors. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

The U.S. doesn’t even have dirty their rep by getting involved with arming other countries anymore.  We’ve become unwitting independent contractors.

Bingo.

I suspect a bunch of *illegal* firearms and ammo get shipped to countries filled with unrest so that they can...you know....kill each other.

After all, it's not like those countries are manufacturing their own firearms. 

Yeah, that $63B gun industry has legs that grow exponentially when factoring in external *sales*.

Sometimes living in our own heads in this best place on the planet. 😁😎

Facts dont care about your feelings. Facts dont lie!

Fact- Blacks commit the most murders in the United States. 
Fact- 94% of all blacks are murdered by other blacks.

Fact- Blacks have the most violent communities in the world.

Fact- the majority of problems in the Black community are Self Inflicted. 
Fact- Almost 75% of all Black children are born out of wedlock., its part of the black culture.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

But  yes this is how highly developed countries and even emerging markets see the U.S. - They see our hypocrisy and call it out. 

Thank you @Mel HopkinsI did not know this!

I was very skeptical and appreciate your comment very much.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, ProfD said:

For all of its warts, there's a reason why people from all over the world still want to come to the  USA.  The state doesn't matter.  Folks just want to get here.

Yes. For so long, America is known as the superpower.

• Like 1

Chev

When I used to go to Canada, I knew a LOT of people who were afraid to the U.S. because they were afraid they might get shot by a stray bulllet or from being in the "wrong" neighborhood.
They were genuinely frightened of the United States.

The violence was the number one reason they didn't want to come to the U.S.
The number two reason was the lack of free healthcare.
Canada has free healthcare.
They thought that if they came to the U.S. and got sick or hurt they wouldn't be able to pay for care.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delano said:

I left the US in 2006. Some friends said I made the right move

When I went back on 2008 a few friends were saying they were thinking of leaving.

In the intervening years both I and my partner have seen more African Americans in Sydney.

Greg said yall niggas are gonna ruin Australia like ya did the U.S.
Shoulda' stayed in The Bronx....lol.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When I used to go to Canada, I knew a LOT of people who were afraid to the U.S. because they were afraid they might get shot by a stray bulllet or from being in the "wrong" neighborhood.
They were genuinely frightened of the United States.

Wow! But come to think about it now, after reading your comment @Pioneer1I do remember years back in the 1990's meeting a Middle Eastern woman and she also spoke on these same lines!

She told me that before she came over here, her husband and she were required by their government to take a class. In this class, they were shown films on how NOT to go to certain communities due to high crime. They were given demonstrations on how to react if they were mugged, etc. 

But what surprised me mostly was that she told me, the whole time they were taking this class [a night class] and given instructions, they were never told that the bad communities were due to Black African Americans. She said that they were told that America had bad neighborhoods and crime ridden areas, but no one in the Middle East had any idea that Black people lived in America. She pretty much told me that in the Middle East where she was from [Palestine] they were led to believe that Black AfroAmericans were all killed off. She said that when she finally came here, she was totally shocked that Black people were living in America. 

Chev

Yeah, I've heard this for years.
That immigrants are shown films and given classes on how to conduct themselves safely and successfully in American society.

I sure wish they would have shown US some films and gave US who were born and raised here some classes on how to do so....lol.

Seems like if you're a citizen born and raised in the U.S.....you gotta figure it out on your own.

• Haha 1