Why Would A Religion From God Need To Evolve?

Pioneer1

Why would a religion that comes from God need to "evolve"?
God is perfect, so it would seem to me any religion given to us by God would be perfect also.

You don't "evolve" from perfect.

You can CHANGE from perfect.
You can DEVIATE from perfect.
But you don't EVOLVE from perfect.

MAN'S religions evolve..........

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I don't believe God authored any of these religions. They're all man-made. 

But, looking at the imperfections in God's handiwork, I don't believe it was by accident or a mistake.

Otherwise, the world would be perfect. Apparently, that wasn’t the end goal according to the Supreme Being. It's the beauty of the creations. 

So, human beings were left to make up religions and space travel and other sh8t to figure out why they exist and keep themselves occupied and entertained.😎

ProfD

I too believe they are man-made.
Most of them at least.
I don't want to say all because it's too sweeping and I haven't studied enough of them Indepth to come to that broad conclusion but I'll concur that the organized religions I HAVE studied certainly appear to be man-made.

The more I study nature the less I believe there ARE any true "imperfections" in it.
If it's NATURE....and man hasn't been tampering with it.

Perhaps what we call an "imperfection" in nature is actually MEANT to be there as a sort of "balance" in the eco-system.

I also believe that the concept of trying to figure out why you exist is most likely a Caucasian concept.
You didn't hear of the ancient Black or Brown folks questioning the meaning of life and existence.
They KNEW why they were here....to fulfill a destiny, purpose.
Or perhaps they were sent down here from their Higher Selves to experience Earth.

Just because White folks "may" be confused as to their purpose on the planet, we need not be....lol

Sure. We don't want to make sweeping generalization about the origin or authenticity of a religion.

But. I do find it interesting that some religions share similarities with different character names. 😁

Otherwise, nature is filled with examples of what a human being might perceive as an imperfection but was by design from the Supreme Being. 

Still, no other creature on the planet questions their existence and/or sits around making up religions and thinking about the purpose and meaning of their lives.🤣😎

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why would a religion that comes from God need to "evolve"?

We are Temporal Beings physically - temporary/transitory....God is Timeless - Eternal

Man is a becoming "Being". We are Evolving in our understanding of God

God is perfect, so it would seem to me any religion given to us by God would be perfect also.

Yes God is conceived as Perfect....That Perfection is not our Idea of what Perfection is - but God's.

How do you know that Evolution is not Part of God's Idea of Perfection?...we are searching God Out 

In other Words our understanding of God is evolving.

You don't "evolve" from perfect.

God is perfection our interpretation of God is Imperfect

You can CHANGE from perfect.
You can DEVIATE from perfect.

True.

But you don't EVOLVE from perfect.

Perfection in some sense means Completion...We are not complete.

MAN'S religions evolve..........

True

• Thanks 1

Frankster

We are Temporal Beings physically - temporary/transitory....God is Timeless - Eternal

Man is a becoming "Being". We are Evolving in our understanding of God

Our PHYSICAL BODIES are temporary.
Our SOULS are eternal.

I agree that we are evolving in our understanding of God, though.

How do you know that Evolution is not Part of God's Idea of Perfection?

I don't.
It could be.

God is perfection our interpretation of God is Imperfect

Absolutely

Perfection in some sense means Completion...We are not complete.

I agree.
However like I said, we are eternal.
So we have forever to eventually get it "right"!