70+ Japanese Organizations Wrote President Biden a letter to give African Americans Reparations. December 2022.

70+ Japanese  & Asian American Organizations Wrote President Biden a letter to give African Americans Reparations. December 2022.

I am so grateful for these Japanese and Asian humanitarians! My heart goes out to them. In this video, it was mentioned by the Japanese the awful hardship that they endured in the concentrations camps here in America when they were severely persecuted during the World War, nevertheless, today, some of them have come forward to plead the present status of African Americans today. Again, I believe that there is something going on politically, globally, and at a high level about the issue of African American DOS over here in America regarding Reparations and a lot of interest is based on the ancient scriptures. And I believe that some ‘officials’ are working hard to suppress this global interest and also, they are trying to downplay it to African American DOS.

I remember back in the very first term of POTUS Barack Obama and prior to him even being elected as president that he firmly stated that he did not believe African Americans should get reparations. So, I believed back then as I do now, that was the very reason why he was already chosen to be president in the first place long before the vote even began. Is Obama the Herod of our modern times? Like many different kings of people that are now defined as being ‘African American’ today, Barack Obama would not be defined as an African American Descendant of Slaves here in America. His father was Kenyan, and his mother was a White woman, no matter though, he has become the face for all African Americans today, whether we are FBA, AADOS, or immigrants or ‘other’. I think that his slogan in his first election was ‘Change’ and then the second term it was about the ‘Inclusion’ for LGBTQ+ Federal law that was passed. My has times changed. Nevertheless, the issue of Reparations is still lurking about and underlying every other law that has been passed to help others. I am reminded about the recent issue of Immigration laws too, and once again, I remember how Obama defined us African American DOS as being immigrants. However, it was the famous Black Surgeon, Ben Carson, who made this statement after Obama, that most Black people attacked. No matter what though, again, this burdensome issue of Reparations continues.

• Thanks 1

It would be awesome if those Asian organizations are truly interested in reparations for AfroAmericans as America's atonement for its original sin of slavery.

However, it would be a travesty if silly azz AfroAmericans ran out and gave a huge percentage of their reparations money to the Asian community by purchasing vehicles, knockoff clothes, shoes and other products,  hair (synthetic or human) and carryout food. 🤣😎

@ProfD @Chevdove  from the following it seems this organizations goal is to get japanese reparations while calling for African American reparations as the japanese populace is small in the usa today, within the asian statian populace, let alone the total populace in the usa. 

http://www.japanculture-nyc.com/national-nikkei-reparations-coalition-to-host-events-in-support-of-black-reparations/

I will say what I always say, reparations means a thing that repairs. Some things can not be repaired. And sequentially, some things will never be forgiven by all applicable. 

The japanese descent community in the usa will never recover from what happened during world war II, it is that simple. money will not change the damage. 

Same to the descended of enslaved, same to the native american. Money can not undo the death of peoples. Money can not undo centuries of enslavement. Money can not undo a complete persecution of a people. In parallel, that means said peoples will never forgive in majority the source of their historical woes that plague them still, the usa or white people in the usa. 

Even if NEw york state gave the few native american tribes in it millions, how will that undo the complete death of the lenape/various algonquin peoples. how? I didn't realize money can repair death.

Even if New York sTate gave millions to all the black people in it , or even anyone , even if they be white, who has an enslaved black forbear, that will not undo the damage of enslavement. Centuries without your own language, your own culture, your own way of life, can not be undone by money. Heritage can only exist, it can not be bought.

The japanese community in NYS is tiny. but money will not lead to the  japanese  populace in new york state growing with fervor. the japanese in the usa or japan itself were hit with many bombs during and after world war two. This can not be undone with money. 

9 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I will say what I always say, reparations means a thing that repairs. Some things can not be repaired. And sequentially, some things will never be forgiven by all applicable. 

The japanese descent community in the usa will never recover from what happened during world war II, it is that simple. money will not change the damage. 

Same to the descended of enslaved, same to the native american. Money can not undo the death of peoples. Money can not undo centuries of enslavement. Money can not undo a complete persecution of a people. 

Japan is an independent nation thriving as a result of the reparations paid by the USA. 

A decade after World War II and the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, The US started helping Japan to rebuild.  Today, Japan is a leader in electronics technology and automobile manufacturing.

The efforts of the US from capital investment (reparations) to teaching them how to building their business (Edward Deming) put Japan on the road to prosperity and autonomy.

AfroAmericans have not been given as much in reparations (money and land).  America has neither atoned nor apologized for the original sin of slavery. 

Nothing will erase the atrocities of slavery or war.  But, throughout history, predominantly white countries have found a way to atone and apologize for the sins they have committed against other people.

Gerrmany provides reparations to the Jews because of the holocaust.  The US send billions of dollars to countries all over the planet.  Yet, to date, the US has not done such a thing for AfroAmericans.

Reparations is not a debt America owes to undo slavery.  It is a debt America owes because it was built on 400 years of slavery. 😎

• Like 2

@ProfD japan has wealth but are they thriving, the usa manipulated nippon. I prefer to use the word used not help, the usa didn't want japan to follow the soviets which what was happening so the usa funded nippon like they did western europe. it was never to help japan, it was to make japan a satrap of the usa, which japan became. the usa designed the japanese government purposefully, doing all sorts of activities to make sure the japanese government was in line. The japanese people before the usa manipulated things was going communist/anti western the usa came in with money, gave all the old nippon firms and their imperial japanese culture a boost and the rest is history. You use the word help. The USA did not help Nippon. 

Japan is not autonomous, japan like israel like western europe can only survive with the usa military flying above them. the second the usa goes away, japan will fall/israel will fall/western europe will fall. That is why the usa gives billions every year, to prop up failing countries. 

have they? predominantly white countries, you mean like france? I have been to west africa, whatever the french or english or belgians or spanish or portuguese think they have done  to atone, hasn't worked in africa. 

germany provides reparations to the white jews cause they lost world war II.  Yes the usa hasn't given the black descended of enslaved billions of dollars as a community. But, again, how many black people in said community have said for over 150 years they don't want it. that doesn't help either. 

My point is what Black people need to repair is beyond what the usa or whites in the usa can give. Can money from the usa help? yes in a simple way. But my idea of reparations from a black perspective is more entailed. 

IMO, Japan and Israel are still thriving and autonomous even with US support.  It's a classic case of reparations in my book.

My point is that neither country is suffering from racism and a host of social problems as fallout from the atrocities committed against their people over 50 years ago. 

Of course, predominantly white countries are not providing reparations to Africa or any other countries inhabited primarily by Black people.

AfroAmericans should not have to ask, beg or demand reparations. 

Regardless of whether AfroAmericans said they want it or not, America owes a debt to FBA/ADOS.

My idea of reparations to AfroAmericans is also multi-layered and it goes beyond money and land too. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD fair enough you and I do not share the same definition of autonomous 

While the US provides billions of dollars and defense support to Japan and Israel they are still self- governing countries. 

Feel free to share your definition of autonomy.😎

On 1/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, ProfD said:

However, it would be a travesty if silly azz AfroAmericans ran out and gave a huge percentage of their reparations money to the Asian community by purchasing vehicles, knockoff clothes, shoes and other products,  hair (synthetic or human) and carryout food. 🤣😎

Oh! @ProfD What a thought!

To add to this point though, not only could this be a problem with AfroAmericans giving over a Reparation funding to Asians but this type of behavior would be something to think about on a much wider scale!

How would Reparations even be a benefit if that is what it would amount to!?

23 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Even if NEw york state gave the few native american tribes in it millions, how will that undo the complete death of the lenape/various algonquin peoples. how? I didn't realize money can repair death.

No, @richardmurray, you are right in that money cannot repair death. But for the government to not do anything is a problem too. These kind of atrocities should have never occurred in the first place, but now what can be done to help cultures that have been so damaged?

• Like 1

Know what's funny, I was looking at this Dr. Umar Johnson video the other day and he made a profound statement in it and this read reminded me of that!

Check him out between the 14:00 and 16:00 Minute mark:

Some of these groups MIGHT be fighting for our Reparations because they know that owning so many businesses in the Black community, it'll make THEM richer too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...