Two things outside and one Inside

After reading the two articles  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is the black community in the usa to harsh on itself for instances of marital abuse or sexual violence, based on the non white or others in general?

• yes
    • no

TWO THINGS OUTSIDE

now03.png

1 in 3 German men find violence against women 'acceptable'
06/11/2023June 11, 2023

A survey commissioned by Plan International Germany found that 33% of male respondents thought violence against women was acceptable. Almost half of respondents also felt "disturbed" by public displays of homosexuality.

A third of men in Germany find violence against women to be acceptable, gender equality campaigners said on Sunday.

According to a new survey, 33% of men aged 18-35 thought it was "acceptable" if "their hand slipped" occasionally during an argument with their female partner, while 34% of respondents admitted that they had been violent towards women in the past.

The nationwide survey questioned 1,000 men and 1,000 women aged 18-35 and was commissioned by children's charity Plan International Germany.

The findings are "shocking," said Karsten Kassner from Federal Forum Men, a German group that advocates for gender equality.

"It's problematic that a third of the surveyed men trivialize physical violence against women. This urgently needs to change," he told the Funke newspaper group, which is set to publish the full findings on Monday.

More than 115,000 women in Germany were victims of partner violence in 2021, according to federal police data. That equates to 13 women each hour. In the same year, 301 women were killed by their current or former partner.

The survey also examined other perceptions of gender and sexuality among German men and women.

It found that 52% of men said they believed their role was to be the main provider in a relationship, and that their partner should mostly run the household.

Meanwhile, 48% of respondents also expressed a dislike of public displays of homosexuality, saying they felt "disturbed" by it.

"Traditional gender roles are still deeply ingrained in people's minds," Alexandra Tschacher, a spokeswoman for Plan International Germany, told the Funke newspaper group.

zc/lo (AFP, KNA)

URL

https://www.dw.com/en/1-in-3-german-men-find-violence-against-women-acceptable-survey/a-65884531

now04.png

Japan raises age of consent and redefines rape
6 hours ago6 hours ago
Japanese lawmakers raised the age of consent from 13 to 16, marking the first change since 1907 and aligning with global norms.

Lawmakers in Japan on Friday changed legislation to raise the age of consent from 13 — the lowest among developed nations — to 16.

Under the stricter sex crime laws, lawmakers also broadened the definition of rape from "forcible sexual intercourse" to "non-consensual sexual intercourse."

The expanded definition includes acts committed using drugging and intoxication. It also criminalized the grooming of minors.

Other changes include a crackdown on "photo voyeurism," so-called upskirting, filming or photographing under a skirt without consent, and secretly filming sexual acts.

Japan's laws regarding sexual consent drew significant attention in 2019, after a string of defendants charged with sexual crimes were acquitted.

It led to the Flower Demo movement, with groups of sexual violence victims and their supporters gathering once a month to demand changes to sex crime laws.

Japan last revised its criminal code on sexual offenses in 2017, for the first time in more than a century, but campaigners said the reforms were insufficient.

The age of consent — below which sexual activity is considered statutory rape — is 16 in Britain, Canada and most states in the US, while it is 15 in France and 14 in Germany and Italy.

Another significant criticism of the old law was that it effectively blamed victims for not resisting enough.

Japan has now identified eight scenarios under which rape prosecutions can be made.

These include victims being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, being frightened and perpetrators taking advantage of social status.

In addition, "visitation request offense" — people who use intimidation, seduction or money to coerce children under 16 to meet for sexual purposes  —  was also criminalized, and perpetrators face a prison sentence of up to a year or a fine of 500,000 yen ($3,500; €3,197).

lo/fb (AFP, EFE)

URL
https://www.dw.com/en/japan-raises-age-of-consent-and-redefines-rape/a-65935226

ONE THING INSIDE

Michael Jordan is selling his ajority stake in charlotte hornetso again I repeat from the sister, "the family won but the community didn't"

read more here

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2349&type=status

• richardmurray changed the title to Two things outside and one Inside

No surprise that outside the United States, females have less power and homosexuality isn't similarly accepted. 

I think it's great that folks are demanding equal rights and protection. As human beings, it should be automatic.

Nobody deserves to be exploited, mistreated or harmed for any reason.😎

• Like 1

I voted.  I don't really have any thoughts on Michael Jordan selling his stake in an NBA franchise. 

Michael Jordan is a hall of fame basketball player.  But, as an AfroAmerican, he has never used his platform or voice to champion social change.😎

• Like 1

Let's parse this because I think we're dealing with two separate issues......
One is the treatment of women, the other is the treatment of homosexuals.

First of all, NO ONE should be mis-treated....male or female.....gay or straight.

Dealing with the treatment of females.......

I think the AfroAmerican community mistreats our females in a number of ways.
First of all, we force them into too many LEADERSHIP roles in which they aren't qualified to be in like being forced to be the breadwinner of the family, the father/disciplinarian, and doing things husbands should do.
Also when there's an assault on the AfroAmerican community by outside of our community...too often it's the WOMEN who confront the attackers instead of the men.
That right there is a form of mistreatment and abuse of the woman.

As far as physical abuse, it's far too much of it for a number of reasons.
Too often Black men get frustrated with Black women and can't handle them verbally or intellectually and out of frustration the only thing they can resort to is physical violence as a way of "shutting up" the sista or hurting her.

Another problem too is a lot of our people both male and female are JUVENILE in their thinking.
They may be over 21 but they have the mentality of 12 or 13 year olds and only know how to solve problems with physical aggression and violence.

And yet another problem is a lot of AfroAmerican women are taught by society and school that it's ok for THEM to physically assault a man but a man shouldn't put his hands on them....and a lot of bruthaz don't play that and will not only hit back but seriously injure her.

All of these issues must be dealt with as it relates to violence towards our sistaz.

As far as violence towards homosexuals...........

AfroAmericans aren't known for being especially violent towards homosexuals simply BECAUSE they are homosexual.
It's just not something we do.
If you are a gay man and hit on a straight man and get knocked out....lol...you weren't knocked out because you were GAY.....you were knocked out because you insulted the straight dude.
If your gay ass kept on using the bathroom and minded your own business instead of trying to molest another dude in the bathroom....you wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Same with trans.
Trans aren't being killed simply for being trans.
They have been killed by PRETENDING to be women and not telling straight dudes they are trans UNTIL they get home and into an intimate situation and then an extra dick is discovered.

Should they be KILLED because of this?
I say no....however I've never been in that type of situation so I don't know what's going through a man's mind who reached down into a woman's jeans only to find out she's not really a WOMAN!!! 😱 -Yikes!!!

image.png.a148c6cef603f3fe6fd8f60423dff4f4.png

"Boy, what's wrong with you!
Why you  lookin' at me like daaat!"

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, Black men have to get on code in order to undo the gender role reversal especially among AfroAmericans.

No other culture has this issue with their to the same degree.

We don't see or hear any other group of women claiming or having to be the mother & father, breadwinner or boss b8tches.  

The root causes of dysfunction within the AfroAmerican community are very well known. We're just having a helluva time correcting it.😎

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 

the only issue I raised is a question, is the severity in which  black people communicate our troubles  fair or unfair based on the activities of others? 

I used two cases, one of white europeans, concerning violence of men to women  in general,  side one of white asians , violence of men to women or children sexually, to display how another community has a publicly stated problem that can be deemed worse than the black community. 

ProfD

Black men have to get on code in order to undo the gender role reversal especially among AfroAmericans.

Well....

Expecting Black men collectively to get on Code is like expecting  prisoners to unite, overpower the COs and take over the institution.

It can happen, but not very likely.

The most viable and probably thing that will happen is that the Black men WITH GOOD SENSE will get together and organize for a new paradigm and leave the dead weight behind to bury eachother.

No other culture has this issue with their to the same degree.

Because....like you said....they have CULTURE.
Behaviors that are EXPECTED from both the men and the women.

With most AfroAmerican men or women, you're not sure WHAT to expect...lol.

We don't see or hear any other group of women claiming or having to be the mother & father, breadwinner or boss b8tches.  

Facts.

richardmurray

the only issue I raised is a question, is the severity in which  black people communicate our troubles  fair or unfair based on the activities of others? 

I used two cases, one of white europeans, concerning violence of men to women  in general,  side one of white asians , violence of men to women or children sexually, to display how another community has a publicly stated problem that can be deemed worse than the black community. 

????
I don't understand the question brother.
Could you clarify it a little?

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

The most viable and probably thing that will happen is that the Black men WITH GOOD SENSE will get together and organize for a new paradigm and leave the dead weight behind...

Whenever I refer to Black men getting on code, it's always the few who have the strength and resolve to lead a movement.

Elijah Muhammad was a small man but he  put a whole lot of Black folks....men and women on code. 😎

• Thanks 1

Brothers and sisters in the nation would insist that Mr. Muhammad had DIVINE "help" in doing so...lol.

I've maintained that in order to unite Black people as a whole, you'd need a MIRACLE.
Miracles do happen.
They happen all the time.
However my point is....that's what it would take.
As humans we have very little if any control over what The Divine does.

But what we CAN do is unite with LIKE MINDED individuals for a common agenda.

2 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've maintained that in order to unite Black people as a whole, you'd need a MIRACLE.

But what we CAN do is unite with LIKE MINDED individuals for a common agenda.

While we're waiting on a miracle, an agenda needs to be codified. 😎

6 minutes ago, ProfD said:

While we're waiting on a miracle, an agenda needs to be codified. 😎

Lol...it might take a Miracle to come up with a solid workable AGENDA we can rally around.....lol.

Besides Reparations payments, what else do MOST AfroAmericans (and not all of us at that!) actually agree with eachother over?

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Besides Reparations payments, what else do MOST AfroAmericans (and not all of us at that!) actually agree with eachother over?

Reparations has to be more than cash payment.

In another thread, I've listed some of what a reparations agenda should include.

Basically, it comes down to putting an infrastructure in place that solely benefits generations of AfroAmericans into perpetuity.

Essentially, AfroAmericans should be as wealthy here in America as our oil-rich Brown brothers and sisters are in the Middle East.

Saudi Arabians and Kuwaitis don't have to get a college education in order to get a good job, make money and survive. Their basic human needs are guaranteed. Education is an avocation.

Look no further than places like Dubai. These people have so much money they're building hotels and sh8t in the middle of the sea. 

AfroAmericans should have paradise right here in America. We shouldn't have work for anything.

Everything  AfroAmericans choose to do should be an avocation. 400 years of free labor deserves nothing less.😎

Well, the thing about the Arabs is that they are CULTURALLY united.

The religion of Islam unites most Arabs and much of their culture has been historically built around this.

Sure they fight and engage in wars with eachother from time to time like they're doing right now between Saudi Arabia and Yemen, but for the most part they agree on the BASICS like male/female relations, morals, how one should conduct oneself in public, etc...

This lessens conflict and gives them a framework in which to operate from when they DO get wealth in their hands.

The same can be said for many individual African ethnic groups like the Ibo of Nigeria.

AfroAmericans on the other hand have been so fractured and divided....especially these past 50 years.
Divided by religion, gender, class, opinions about Civil Rights, divided by regions of the nation, etc....
This division has a negative effect on us uniting long enough and strong enough to even present a viable argument and demand for Reparations, not to mention how they'll PROPERLY be used once received.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, the thing about the Arabs is that they are CULTURALLY united.

The religion of Islam unites most Arabs...

AfroAmericans on the other hand have been so fractured and divided....especially these past 50 years.

Sure. Culture is code. Leadership enforces it. AfroAmericans have neither. Rudder-less.😎

@Pioneer1

I will repeat the question with one addition in underscore. 

is the severity in which  black people communicate our internal troubles  fair or unfair based on the activities of others? 

I showcased two articles that display two non black communities with an internal problem. One that some, will deem far worse than the parallel in the black community. And then I asked a question. 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1

I will repeat the question with one addition in underscore. 

is the severity in which  black people communicate our internal troubles  fair or unfair based on the activities of others? 

I showcased two articles that display two non black communities with an internal problem. One that some, will deem far worse than the parallel in the black community. And then I asked a question. 

I think I get the gist of your question...........lol.

Yes, I do think AfroAmericans vocalize our problems in public more than other groups.
For two reasons:

1. The problems our community has tends to be BIGGER than they are in many other groups.
Whether you're talking about drug abuse, broken families, high incarceration, homelessness.....these problems exist to a certain extent among ALL races and ethnicities in the United States but the rates tend to be higher among AfroAmericans at this time.
They weren't always that way, but in the past 30 years or so it has been.

2. Unlike most Asians, Latinos, and even Africans......English is the ONLY language most of our people know how to speak so when we want to communicate with eachother whether it's about success or problems, we only tend to do it in English. 
So just about everybody can see and hear what we're talking about even if they aren't part of our group.

This is one of the reasons I'm a pretty big supporter of us developing and teaching EBONIC to our children and codifying it.  So that we'd have a second language of our own that we can communicate with eachother without the devil SNOOPING in and monitoring us.

@Pioneer1

1. The problems our community has tends to be BIGGER than they are in many other groups.
Whether you're talking about drug abuse, broken families, high incarceration, homelessness.....these problems exist to a certain extent among ALL races and ethnicities in the United States but the rates tend to be higher among AfroAmericans at this time.
They weren't always that way, but in the past 30 years or so it has been.

What is it about non violent personal accountability that hasn't convinced many black people to embrace it as you will like? 

Unlike most Asians, Latinos, and even Africans......English is the ONLY language most of our people know how to speak so when we want to communicate with eachother whether it's about success or problems, we only tend to do it in English. 
So just about everybody can see and hear what we're talking about even if they aren't part of our group.

While your first point I can not say i concur to completely, this point is massive, a functional truth. The DOSers used to have multiple  dialects of english BUT DOSers themselves neglected it. Ala the words of langston hughes, black graduates from historical black colleges or white ones who littered the NAACP for example. The only language I can think of that black DOSers created in the past that remains alive is Black Sign Language. Am I wrong in your experience? 

richardmurray

To be honest with you, I didn't even know Black sign language even EXISTED.

AfroAmericans still speak various forms of Ebonics in different pockets of the United States, but the dialects aren't codified.

One of the differences between AfroAmericans and White people is that we have a history of not CODIFYING our intellectual and technological inventions.

14 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1ahh well I guess I was merely fortunate. 

well, the village will get better eventually

Ofcourse, growing up in an extremely diverse world class city like New York.....you get exposed to a lot more of what this world has to offer.

When I go to New York, I see people practicing entire RELIGIONS I hadn't heard of....lol.
Hadn't even heard of their religion, but here's a bunch of niggas with rags wrapped around their heads standing behind tables in Brooklyn selling oils and trinkets and talking with fake accents...lol.

Places like Chicago, Detroit, and Atlanta has the same thing but to a lesser degree because of the lower population.
I'm sure there were SOME Black folks who practiced the Black sign language but I didn't know about them.

• Like 1