DeSantis orders us to dance in thanks for Slavery

According to the good, edumucated, GOP folks in Florida, centuries of Chattel Slavery were apparently a great deal for us Black peeples.

Why, we should be eternally grateful for all those decades of wanton brutality, vicious lynchings, psychotic mass killings and continuous denials of our humanity - so sayeth today’s Republicans. And since we now know there’s no difference between Republicans and Democrats (according to some in this group) we just oughta bow down in permanent gratitude.

Because the goofballs in Florida hath declared that during Chattel Slavery we darkies picked up vital skills that would benefit us all of our born days. And this happened despite us not being considered human, worked from sunup to sundown, prevented from going to school and murdered if we so displayed a frown when our mothers, daughters or sisters were being raped. All while White folks earned millions from our unpaid labor.

So, sayeth all Republicans who done love ‘em some Ron DeSantis.

For the dullards who simply don’t know any better, Reparations will not be just for our suffering. They would also be fair payment for all the labor we were forced to perform for free. If we were ever justly compensated for our centuries of pain, rape and suffering, then the Heavens would award us the Earth.

By the way, I’m happy Carlee Russell got home safe. I’m not gonna rag on her. I think her boyfriend spoke for many when he erased her from his social media.

I will not be thankful for Slavery.

• Like 1

It's an open secret that Ron DeStupid is an idiot.

Someone who once looked like he could be Orange Julius 2.0, the candidacy of DeStupid is on a crash and burn collision course.

Everything DeStupid says and does as governor of Florida is a reminder to Americans that he's not POTUS material. He'll drop out of the race before the 3rd quarter of 2024.

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

And since we now know there’s no difference between Republicans and Democrats (according to some in this group)

Yep. That's my belief. Two sides of the same coin.

There's no difference between them in terms of what they have done for Black folks which as of today is....nothing. 

Feel free to list tangible benefits Black folks have received for their loyalty to Democrats. 

BTW, whatever happened to the Democratic-Republican Party founded by Thomas Jefferson who himself was slaveowner. 😎

• Confused 1

@ProfD

Let's list all the tangible benefits Republicans have provided for Black people ... 

(1) such as their unswerving addiction for shoving so many of us into prisons on real or trumped up criminal charges

(2) flooding our communities with heroin and crack cocaine

(3) their decades of open and tacit support of White Supremacists
(4) their staunch refusals to treat Black people as equal humans 
(5) maligning our accomplishments
(6) proudly touting our failures while minimizing theirs
(7) disregarding orders from the U.S. Supreme Court to end Segregation and other harmful and racist programs and of course recently, to create a second Black House district in Alabama
(8)  their widespread adherence to banking and financial discrimination such as redlining
(9) their coddling and acceptance of constant whiners, detractors and race traitors in the Black Community who want us to fail miserably
(10) Injecting Black men with Syphilis and refusing to treat them and stealing Henrietta Lacks' cell tissue are just a portion of many medical atrocities inflicted on Blacks that Republicans believe were all well and good

Thomas Jefferson was NOT a Democrat. As usual, you never do any research. You just spout bullcrap. 

https://www.answers.com/Q/Was_Thomas_Jefferson_democrat_or_republican

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stefan said:

Let's list all the tangible benefits Republicans have provided for Black people ... 

Thomas Jefferson was NOT a Democrat. As usual, you never do any research. You just spout bullcrap.

1st, I asked for a list of tangible benefits Democrats have provided for Black folks. You offered a nothing burger. 

You're right...Republicans flooded Black communities with drugs.

Followed up by Democrats who created mandatory-minimum prison sentencing primarily aimed at Black folks.

1, 2 punch. Two sides of the same coin.

According to my research and the article you linked, Thomas Jefferson was really neither Democrat nor Republican so political scientists have coined him as a Democrat-Republican.

@Stefan, your desire to defend your position to the point of trying to insult others is comedic. But, I thoroughly enjoy your contributions to the discussions.

The "bullcrap" I bring to this discussion forum helps to keep it enlightening and entertaining especially when you disappear and wander off into the wilderness for days and weeks at a time.

My easy chair is comfy. Rest assured that I'll still be here calling balls and strikes and giving my opinion on everything a regular basis or until @Troy turns off the lights.

Otherwise,  we can go round for round and pound for pound. I'm the undisputed king of insults if/when I choose to go that route. Stay up patna. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ProfD at the end of the day, which presidential candidate are you voting for the Republican or the the democrat?

Did you vote for Trump or Clinton.

Did you vote  for Obama or McCain?

if you made a choice then you’d have to concede we are talking about different coins as it relates to the political parties.

Still we have been abused by both — all political parties since we’ve been on these shores, but surely you appreciate there is currently, a lessor of two evils here.

• Like 1

If he was alive today, wonder what Booker T. Washington would have to say in regard to what Florida plans to teach about slavery.  Washington was a  great  believer in the population of freed slaves learning trades because doing so would provide decent employment since they couldn't aspire to the higher professions.  That's why so many HBCU  colleges have A&M (Agriculture and Mechanics) in their names because that was what they originally taught.  Even today young blacks  are again being encouraged to consider vocational schools instead of colleges because having a useful skill is a plus. 

The black narrative is adamantly against attributing anything useful to slavery, but being  in circumstances that allowed one to become a craftsman  actually could prove advantageous. Slavery was apparently God's will, but black folks are magnanimous when it comes to forgiving Him for subjecting them to 400 years of it. I, for one, wish the :"good" lord had allowed my ancestors to leave Africa voluntarily to seek their fortune in America because I have never been enthusiastic about Africa.

Yeah, i said it!.  Bring it on. And no matter what others claim about Democrats  I still prefer them over Republicans, especially the current  crop  who continue to support that asshole  donald tRump who I have nothing but contempt for!  

Good Night All. Back to contemplating whether there  is life after death. Wooooo

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

Slavery was apparently God's will, but black folks are magnanimous when it comes to forgiving Him for subjecting them to 400 years of it. I, for one, wish the :"good" lord had allowed my ancestors to leave Africa voluntarily to seek their fortune in America because I have never been enthusiastic about Africa.

A few points to make...........

1. God didn't put our Ancestors in slavery, Caucasians did.
We should blame who is DIRECTLY at fault.

2. Did not God give Black people two arms, two hands, and a brain just like He gave White folks?

It didn't HAVE to be Black folks being enslaved by Whites.....Whites COULD HAVE been enslaved by Blacks.
A lot of Black folks were enslaving EACHOTHER, but didn't want to do that to the Europeans who were creeping up on their continent.
So who's fault is that?

Just like today if you go to some parts of Chicago or Los Angeles.......
If you're a Black man and go into certain neighborhoods you'll have 15 or 20 OTHER Black men running up on your and surrounding you throwing up gang signs and asking you what gang you're from and asking you why are you there......

image.png.2e8329ff58bf9c73e7d1b1b5621ef5d1.png

.....what are you trying to do, who are you there to see, are you looking for some dope, trying to bang a girl from their neighborhood, trying to make money on THEIR block, why are you there?????

But if you're a White man and go into that very same neighborhood......the streets will clear.
People will run up into their houses and apartments and stare out the windows at you with the curtains drawn.

image.png.8a2edb19a16bdfeaaf710083e9e4b430.png

Niggas ducking behinds garbage cans peering over at you half scared.
Wondering if you're the police.
A few brave ones will run up on you but not in aggression...but with smiles on their faces trying to sell you some dope or asking you if you want to hook up with one of the females for money.

No one can really be blamed for this but us collectively.
Too many of us treat eachother like the enemy but will treat Caucasians like we should treat eachother.

@Troy, I vote for the lessor of two evils (Democrat) historically.

However, I've always been fully aware that Democrats aren't going to do anything more for Black folks than another serving of benign neglect.

Voting has nothing to do with overcoming the system of racism white supremacy.  Neither political party is interested in dismantling it either. 

In fact,  both parties are two sides of the same coin when it comes to maintaining the system of racism white supremacy. 😎

We should also keep in mind that in the RECENT past (1930s up until the 1970s) the Democrats actually DID provide quite a few benefits for Americans in general that Black folks were able to benefit from.

FDR's New Deal helped a lot
Passage of various civil rights legislation and affirmative action programs.
Helping to elect Black mayors, congressmen, governors over the years

While neither Party has done TOO much to help our people, pound for pound in the 20th century Democrats have actually done more FOR AfroAmericans than Republicans who actually went out of their way to pass legislation to harm AfroAmericans politically and economically.

However after 2000 the tide began to shift.
While some still engage in acts of aggression, Republicans by and large pretty much leave AfroAmericans alone and simply IGNORE our people politically while non-Black Democrats have been pulling away and becoming more hostile towards the AfroAmerican community and it's becoming more noticeable.

Good article,  ‘DeSantis Wrote Book Excusing Slavery, Complaining About Women's Rights’,   by Jerry Iannelli October 9, 2018

Good article,  ‘Florida Governor DeSantis wants to eliminate 2 proposed Black voting districts’, by Greg Allen, March 2022

Partial biography of DeSantis is below, from the book ‘Future President: The Rise of a Leader’, Alex Lubarsky, pages 6 and 7

desantis_0001.jpg

desantis_0002.jpg

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We should also keep in mind that in the RECENT past (1930s up until the 1970s) the Democrats actually DID provide quite a few benefits for Americans in general that Black folks were able to benefit from.

FDR's New Deal helped a lot
Passage of various civil rights legislation and affirmative action programs.

Between 50-100 years ago, Democrats did something to supposedly benefit Black folks.

Civil Rights has to be reviewed/ratified every so many years. Affirmative Action has been overturned. 

History has proven that anything purportedly done to benefit Black folks has instead been co-opted to benefit other groups of people.

FDR's New Deal pulled America out of the Great Depression. Any beneifit to Black folks was collateral.

When jobs were privatized, moved overseas and automated;  guess who was most adversely affected by it.

Whatever is left of blue collar jobs. Immigrants are doing that work for less than unionized American workers.

Democrats did nothing to preserve the labor markets that once benefitted Black folks. Yet, they're taking campaign contributions from the same companies that no longer employ our people. 

IMO, benign neglect is no different and just as bad as outright not giving a sh8t about a group of people.😎

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

1. God didn't put our Ancestors in slavery, Caucasians did.
We should blame who is DIRECTLY at fault.

Say no more.  If you're preceding on that premise, nothing you say will  impact on me  because i don't think you know what God's intentions were or are.   and using the bible as a reference doesn't make any difference.  Case closed.

ProfD

If other groups have co-opted and benefited more from programs that were originally intended for AfroAmericans, we need to ask ourselves 2 solid questions:

1. Where these programs TRULY designed for Black people?
Meaning, was it written in the legislation that it is for Black Americans and Black Americans ALONE?
Because if that type of language isn't written in a legal document from the jump, common sense would tell most people that others can and probably will get in on it where they fit in.

Look at Affirmative Action.

2. On the other side of that same coin, WHY have other groups benefited from these programs more than AfroAmericans?

Yes, I've questioned whether or not they were truly for us in the first place.....but even if that language wasn't etched into the legislation itself, it was "understood" to be for us.
So now....why haven't we take advantage of it as much as other groups have?

That's why we have to start looking.....as Michael Jackson would say....at the man in da' mirra!

When we start engaging in collective introspection and closely examining not only our behavior by the thoughts and intentions BEHIND that behavior and what motivates us to do or NOT do certain things, soon our collective progress will follow because we'll be able to clearly see what the ACTUAL problems of our community are.
And trust me, the end results of this "man in da mirra"  self examination and the changes that follow will be well worth the effort.

image.png.e27266842a352682a0d905185f3b70ae.png
" It's gonna be good....shum'on....ya KNOW it!" 

Bad religion, Hispanics, Whites God, and our own people Got us into slavery.  That Jeronymite priesthood of

the Holy Roman Catholic Church asked for Black slaves for the gold mines of Santo Domingo in 1510, because

the indians were being destroyed as slaves.  The Elio priesthood in 1505 was instrumental in intra-African slavery, which turned

into trans-Atlantic by 1525.  More bad religion.  1618 Synod of Dort, executed a leader in Holland, and the big slaving company Dutch West Indies

was born, as an outgrowth of Protestant doctrine.  Everybody was dirty.  The English slaving company followed the Dutch. 

Racism was central in all cases.

zeke1234

You know another thing that got a lot of our people into slavery and still causes many of our people to be victims of the traps that racist Whites lay to harm them?
Not being smart enough to avoid them altogether or get out of them once in them.

Simple yet accurate answer.

A lot of our people were enslaved because they hadn't developed the technology or weapons to defeat the Caucasians who enslaved them.

It wasn't about "God's Will" or  some "curse of canaan".....but simply not being able to effectively defend one's self.
We should learn lessons from that! 

The 1500 through 1515  time period, the King of the Congo stood rather firm against slavery (except some tokenisms),

but as it advanced into the 1600s, we see the Portuguse playing Black tribe, against Black tribe.  The  King of the Congo sent letters to the Portuguese king, time and time again accusing local Portuguese of stealing Congo citizens.    One the Potuguse established dominance on the islands such as Sao Tome, the building of forts on the mainland came next.   That Eloi priesthood (perhaps Dominicans) in the Congo during the early years had a great part in the early intra-Africa slave trade.   God's perfect will elides (intersects?)  with his free will, when we act in disobedience, or even when we act stupidly, such as giving our women to Whites and Hispanics.. Becomes part of Whites manifest destiny, their destruction by YAHWEH because of their greed.  I see the local Black high football teams match those twelveth grade girls up, with the Black atheletic boys.  Genetic breeding of Black atheletes. 

Maybe it was just a matter of time until the trans-Atlantaic slave trade actuality began in the 1520s, because the Portuguse had been taking Africans to Portugal as  domestic slaves in the 1400s.   What lesson have we as Blacks learned?   Nothing.  I wouldn't trust a White man or Hispanic as far as I can throw them, and that ain't far.   And most of my best friends are White.  I would go for a modified type of integration, where we teach our own children 1/2 day, and let

them integrate the other half day.    For certain we have not evolved capitalistically where we can feed and maintain our

own 30 million in this country, or whatever.   This having our 30 and 40 year Black intelligensia working in the isles of Wal-Mart, ain't part of nobody's dream.  I 'seen'  Magic Johnson on TV today talking about his new share in the Washington Commandeers football team, proclaiming his "Black racedness'.    

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 9:29 PM, zeke1234 said:

The 1500 through 1515  time period, the King of the Congo stood rather firm against slavery (except some tokenisms),

but as it advanced into the 1600s, we see the Portuguse playing Black tribe, against Black tribe.  The  King of the Congo sent letters to the Portuguese king, time and time again accusing local Portuguese of stealing Congo citizens.    One the Potuguse established dominance on the islands such as Sao Tome, the building of forts on the mainland came next.   That Eloi priesthood (perhaps Dominicans) in the Congo during the early years had a great part in the early intra-Africa slave trade.  

Yeah, Africans enslaving Africans is nothing new.
The lighter skinned more thin featured Somalis and Ethiopians have been enslaving and mistreating the dark skinned Bantu Somalis and Ethiopians  for centuries.
Even today there is a "caste" system in Ethiopia and Somalia.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:57 AM, Stefan said:

According to the good, edumucated, GOP folks in Florida, centuries of Chattel Slavery were apparently a great deal for us Black peeples.

Why, we should be eternally grateful for all those decades of wanton brutality, vicious lynchings, psychotic mass killings and continuous denials of our humanity - so sayeth today’s Republicans. And since we now know there’s no difference between Republicans and Democrats (according to some in this group) we just oughta bow down in permanent gratitude.

Because the goofballs in Florida hath declared that during Chattel Slavery we darkies picked up vital skills that would benefit us all of our born days. And this happened despite us not being considered human, worked from sunup to sundown, prevented from going to school and murdered if we so displayed a frown when our mothers, daughters or sisters were being raped. All while White folks earned millions from our unpaid labor.

So, sayeth all Republicans who done love ‘em some Ron DeSantis.

What it's like teaching in Florida lately.