Just me.

Well, Yall. today is my birthday.  I made it; the big 9-0.  i don't know why I'm still here and so many young blacks are gone, losing their lives on a daily basis to gun violence. Life is a bitch... 

Here i am, chillin on my daughter's porch, bidding my bucket list "good bye". I have no idea why this picture is sooo huge! In fact, "i know that i know nothing."  I may be back sooon to share some of my ignorance with you.

368030818_6915787808440530_8945258227847637161_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p960x960&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=vSFPlLkxEDsAX8LL9AK&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAL76_ecof-72lO6ueIijaAmQVzjGeGs05YOvDbEZz3pA&oe=64E50EAE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cynique said:

i don't know why I'm still here and so many young blacks are gone, losing their lives on a daily basis to gun violence.

🤔 -hmmmm????

Good question.
Let's see if we can figure it out together.

Perhaps....maybe.....possibly....it MIGHT be due to the fact that you spend much of your time lounging on your daughter's porch and grinning at us with some red-framed shades on, instead of hanging out down on the Wild 100's set tripping and selling diluted cocaine across the street from your competition.....lol.

Or maybe that has nothing to do with it.

On 8/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, Delano said:

Happy Birthday Cynique.

Glad your just holding the bucket.

@Delano LOL! Yeah, preferable to kickin the bucket...I guess.

On 8/19/2023 at 8:31 AM, Pioneer1 said:
On 8/18/2023 at 4:56 PM, Cynique said:

i don't know why I'm still here and so many young blacks are gone, losing their lives on a daily basis to gun violence.

🤔 -hmmmm????

Good question.
Let's see if we can figure it out together.

Perhaps....maybe.....possibly....it MIGHT be due to the fact that you spend much of your time lounging on your daughter's porch and grinning at us with some red-framed shades on, instead of hanging out down on the Wild 100's set tripping and selling diluted cocaine across the street from your competition.....lol.

@Pioneer1No, the majority of those losing their lives on a daily basis around Chicagoland, are not drug dealers nor drug users.  They are  children and other innocent bystanders, road rage,  car-jacking and  robbery victims, petty slights and personal beefs victims, everyday folks just trying to make it through the day without being the target of violent gun users who place no value on human life!  

On 8/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, ProfD said:

Happy 90th b'day.🥳

Congrats on the milestone especially considering you look/appear to be in good health.👏🏿

We know the peanut gallery keeps your mind, er, tongue sharp.🤣

As always, thanks for checking in instead of checking out.🤗😎

@ProfDThank you for your kind words. You're a gentleman, and a scholar!

On 8/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, Chevdove said:

had been thinking about you because I remembered that your birthday was in the month of August.

You look amazing! 

I hope that you had a great birthday! 

@Chevdove Thank you, Girlfriend! I did have a great birthday, thanks to my family and friends.  

On 8/19/2023 at 8:05 PM, Troy said:

Yes to do look great @Cynique and to be technically savvy enough to be online is amazing.  

it is  also possible for you to have personally known someone who was enslaved. When you were a kid, do you have any memory of someone who was 90? 

@TroyYes, i had in-laws who died at age 93 and 94, a sister-in-law who is still alive and kicking at 93.  Also one of my bffs from childhood turned 90 in January, and I have several other acquaintances who are in their 90s.  There are quite a few of us still around, comedienne Carole Burnette, who has always been a favorite of mine because she's the same age as I am is still with us, and she hasn't changed a bit.  Also Kim Novak, Joan Collins and Willie Nelson are other celebs  my age.  And, yes,  my great-grand parents on both sides of my family were slaves. I, myself, have lived longer than any female in my family. 

90 is the new 70, y'all! In our discussions, we have talked about time being a construct and an abstract concept. To this, I agree.  I, by no means, feel as spry and energetic as i used to but, mentally, I feel the same as I did at about age 30. 

Looking back over my life, do i have any regrets? A few.  Would  I have done anything differently? Yes.  To what do attribute my longevity. Luck. God? A force, not an imaginary friend in the sky.  Religion? A man-made security blanket reinforced by legend and myth, enforced by fear. Advice? Do "you".  Philosophy?    Life is the question. Love is the answer.  I think, therefore I am. It is, what it is.

the future? I think the world is on the brink, of drastic change. The American Empire may very well, implode...

PEACE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well we've been exchanging thoughts on these forums for a couple decades now and that time has really flown by.

@Cynique I remember once referring to you as an octogenarian and you quickly corrected me saying you were not that old yet.  Older people who still have their wits have always fascinated me.  I know how much the world has changed in my lifetime, but you were already an adult when I was born, so I can't imagine your perspective.

I think love is indeed the answer, too bad our society is not structured in a way fosters love. 

• Like 1