Mass Shooter in Maine

Another mass shooting event in the US. 18 killed and 13 injured.

The shooter is a marksman who just 2 weeks ago was in a mental health facility.

Not only was this killer allowed to keep his weapons. He made a few statements on social media about killing folks.

The FBI is at his house asking him to come out with his hands up.

Considering what this killer has already done, the authorities  should force their way into his home  and take him down. 

The craziest part is whether it's an active war or shooting event or standoff...the media is reporting live from ground zero. 😎

What happened to those "red flag" laws that allow law enforcement to seize your weapons if you're shown to be mentally unstable?
That's a rhetorical question, btw..........

Also, where were all of these "good samaritans with guns" you keep hearing about in the news?

According to reports, he went to three different locations killing people.
You mean in a society as heavily armed as this one, there were no "good guys with guns" to save the day??????

I can never figure out why the news media gets blamed for what an individual or a groups does.  The media's job is to be on the spot and REPORT what constitutes significant events. Its opinions are just that; opinions that once expressed, are acknowledged  as editorializing.   Its only obligation is to shine the light in dark places.  It has no obligation to be a crusader.  That's an option.  People are always free to believe what the want to believe.

The problem is not the Fourth Estate. it is politics, not to mention a population made up of humans who are no better than those they elect. Everybody is out to feather their own nest by getting ahead and that is an environment which is contagious and  breeds the greed that  goes hand in hand with the pursuit of power, - the opium that addicts the ego, and enables  both the creation and the downfall of empires.

Mankind is too flawed to maintain a peaceful  existence. Conflict is the nature of the beast. Government is just an organized ongoing procedure  determining who controls what. Countries represent this on a larger scale. ...and, like that. You know, 

Did I mention that I'm into  Existentialism bordering on Nihilism. which prompts me to lapse into philosophic editorializing?

Check ya later. Maybe.

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

I can never figure out why the news media gets blamed for what an individual or a groups does.  The media's job is to be on the spot and REPORT what constitutes significant events. Its opinions are just that...

IMO, part of it stems from the media picking sides politically and becoming more entertainment than sticking to the facts.

The killer decided to take himself out. No surprise.😎

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

The killer decided to take himself out. No surprise.😎

Well......
Somebody had to, lol.

THEY obviously weren't going to kill him.

Hell.....we went to two or three different scenes killing people which would have taken ATLEAST 30 minutes all together.
Lewiston isn't that big of a city, how long did it take the police to get the report???

In most big cities it only take the police 5 or 6 minutes on average to arrive at a site after dispatch notifies them.
Now THIS devil can go from site to site killing people in a small town....one of which is a damn BOWLING ALLEY...yet no police knew about it until he was finished.

Most bowling allies and bars are HANG OUTS for off-duty cops!!!!!
Not THIS time.....🤔

No armed civilians or "good guys with guns" in any of the sites for Fox News and the right-wing crowd to brag about, it seems.

Dude probably EXPECTED to get killed by somebody and just gave up trying and decided to just do the shit himself.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Dude probably EXPECTED to get killed by somebody and just gave up trying and decided to just do the shit himself.

I just wish these types of cowards would take themselves out 1st before shooting innocent people.

One of this clown's targets was hearing impaired folks. Partly because he was suffering from hearing loss. Supposedly, he was hearing voices too.

Dude raised a number of flags law enforcement should have picked up.

However, being white doesn't elicit the same tactical response as if there had been a  Black person running around killing folks. 

Needless to type, the dead killer saved taxpayers a few bucks on a trial and lifetime incarceration.

Prayers up for families of the victims. They didn't deserve that at all.😎

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

One of this clown's targets was hearing impaired folks. Partly because he was suffering from hearing loss. Supposedly, he was hearing voices too.

Needless to type, the dead killer saved taxpayers a few bucks on a trial and lifetime incarceration.

Yeah, I read the same thing about him hearing voices.
So again, where were the red flag laws and why was he allowed to have weapons even after spending time in an institution????

Rhetorical question....obviously, lol.

Well......
Some would say that after he killed all of those people, for him to just kill himself like that......that instant death was too easy for him.

No arrest.
No hearing the victims' families cussing him out.
No shuffling through the courts and spending years and years locked up in a cage waiting on the death penalty.
Just.....boom....and it's over.

Imagine a man like Hitler causing thousands or millions of people suffer and die.
In some cases long agonizing deaths.
......and to just go into a room somewhere and have a glass of champagne and write a damn love note before popping himself in just the right spot that turns his lights out?
Is THAT justice?

There are many children suffering from cancer who killed NOBODY and don't get to die that quickly.

(tearing up a bit....)

But THIS mutha......

Atleast the Japanese have a suicide ritual where they stab themselves in the guts and rip through to cause SOME suffering.

These bastards have it all planned out.
Probably even kick back and watch television enjoying the pain and carnage they made before killing themselves and escaping the arrest, trial, and long prison sentences.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So again, where were the red flag laws and why was he allowed to have weapons even after spending time in an institution????

Rhetorical question....obviously, lol.

No shuffling through the courts and spending years and years locked up in a cage waiting on the death penalty.
Just.....boom....and it's over.

The question needs to be answered.

We already know it but white folks need to admit that laws don't apply to them.

Most of these killers have no intention of living out their days in prison. Death row would take too long.

They have every intention of taking themselves out but they want others to feel their pain which leads to injuring  &/or killing others first.😎

I don't want to advocate that they bring torture back.....or INCREASE it.....because we know how this system implements so-called "justice".

You bring it back with the INTENTION of punishing devils like this who slaughter multiple innocent people, and a decade later they've found a way to "justify" it's use against 17 year old Ja'vonte as they torture him in a cold cell somewhere trying to get information about his cocaine connection. 

One of the BEST things we can do as righteous and intelligent AfroAmericans is.....if we're not going to build a system of our own...we need to join THIS system to ensure that the good laws we have on the books are PROPERLY enforced.

The laws and rules were there to stop this.
No doubt.
They just weren't enforced.

According to this article, it appears that he made threats in the recent past SAYING what he was about to do and the police KNEW about it:

Maine Police Knew of Threats

Statewide alert had gone out in mid-September

Police across Maine were alerted just last month to "veiled threats" by the Army reservist who they said went on to carry out the worst mass shooting in the state's history, one of a string of missed red flags that preceded the massacre. Two local law enforcement chiefs told the AP that a statewide awareness alert was sent in mid-September to be on the lookout for Robert Card after the firearms instructor made threats against his base and fellow soldiers. But after stepped-up patrols of the base and a visit to Card's home—neither of which turned up any sign of him—they moved on.

"We added extra patrols, we did that for about two weeks. ... The guy never showed up," said Jack Clements, the police chief in Saco, home to the Army Reserve base where Card trained. Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry, whose jurisdiction includes Card's home in Bowdoin, said the Army Reserve tipped his department in September to the reservist's threats, and the sheriff sent the awareness alert to every law enforcement agency in the state after his deputy came back empty-handed from a welfare check to Card's home. "We couldn't locate him," Merry said, adding that he couldn't recall if there was any follow-up because "I don't have any reports in front of me."

Military officials declined to comment further about Card, specifically whether the threats relayed to the sheriff in September were new or the same ones Card had made during an Army reserve training exercise near West Point, New York, in July. That's when police say Card was committed to a mental health facility for two weeks after acting erratically and "hearing voices and threats to shoot up" a military base. Despite the earlier threats, the FBI said Saturday that Card had not been on its radar, telling the AP it "did not have nor did it receive any tips or information concerning Robert Card." The bureau added that its instant background check system "was not provided with or in possession of any information that would have prohibited Card from a lawful firearm purchase."

Maine Police Knew of Threats (newser.com)

They didn't "miss" the red flag, they IGNORED it.
Walked right past it and kept going to get some Taco Bell, lol.

So this clown who threatened a whole MILITARY BASE somehow didn't "make it on their radar"?????
Well the question is who the hell IS on their "radar"?
Niggaz?????
They can find ONE nigga out of 85  in a ski mask who looted a Foot Locker, but can't find a man who threatened a U.S. military base???

A White man doesn't get to be on the damn "radar" until he actually DOES SOMETHING, I guess?
So another question is what the hell are they collecting all of this data for if they aren't using it to save even White folks?????

See, this is why I said BLACK PEOPLE need to be involved in law enforcement from top to bottom.
By bottom I don't mean being the one's arrested, I mean being the actual hands-on officers out in the field all the way up to the top where the decisions are made.
Too much shady shit is going on.

Even people in other White European nations are scratching their heads trying to figure out...🤔...WTF???

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They didn't "miss" the red flag, they IGNORED it.

Walked right past it and kept going to get some Taco Bell, lol.

A White man doesn't get to be on the damn "radar" until he actually DOES SOMETHING, I guess?
So another question is what the hell are they collecting all of this data for if they aren't using it to save even White folks?????

See, this is why I said BLACK PEOPLE need to be involved in law enforcement from top to bottom.

PBT brilliantly explained how white folks will continue to get away with this sh8t.

Black folks in every aspect of  law enforcement wouldn't make a difference in these situations either.

Again, the laws do not apply to White folks. Not to the same extent as non-white folks and especially Black folks.😎