The Preacher's Wife review from Movies that Move we

What is the title of this film if the family in question is areligious or anidolter, some call atheist  

1. 1. Is The Preacher's Wife the best movie with Whitney Houston in it?

• yes
    • no

I did see the Preachers Wife.
I don't remember much of it though.....lol.

It was one of those rare Denzel Washington movies that I didn't care too much for.
I'm not sure what he was thinking when he made that one.

They could have saved some money and took it straight to the Lifetime Channel.

On the flip side of that same coin.....just got through seeing Equalizer 3!
It was pretty good.
Very violent....but good performance.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 he was thinking it will be a hit. It makes sense to me. .. the sad thing about the film business is most films earn less than what is made to make them, this is a historical fact.  Second, the competition matters in the film buisness. any film that came out during episodes  7/8/9 oepning weeks of star wars got hammered. 

PReacher's wife came out in 1996. December, who came out around the same time. 

Jerry maguire came out before. mars attakcs. I can see how preacher's wife was ok but then scream came out five days later. that probably was the killer. Many black people love horror movies. So, the white audience just got finished with jerry maguire which is a romance. And then scream 1 came out and that drained many others. so I Can see how preacher's wife was hurt. 

And lastly, Movies where the black ticket buyer comes out heavily in my memory: malcolm x which is a biography made triple its money /the lion king of disney / black panther of disney /girl's trip which is a comedy/get out which is a horror film/coming to america which is a comedy. I am probably missing something/posse which made  six times its money which is a western/new jack city made five times its money is a street crime film/waiting to exhale which made four times its money is a  drama but a collection of stories/... i can't recall a film centered around a black married couple being among the most ticket sold films involving black people. And I think you love the films of the 1970s, forgive me if it wasn't you but another, but in the 1970s, again, none of the films are marital dramas. Coffee/shaft/superfly/three the hard way / and others, none are marital dramas. so the black ticket buyer has yet to be given a black marital drama on its own that they are willing to go to the movies to see. So this film was a gamble based on black movie buyers habits and even with denzel washington + whitney houston it wasn't able to get black ticket buyers.

And I will add cause film is a collective art project. 

Maybe the casting was bad but I don't mean in terms of acting but how fanbases can have expectations on actors. I don't think the whitney houston or denzel washington fanbases like their placement. I wonder if denzel wasn't the hsuband and whitney the wife while courtney b vance was th eangel would this movie gone differently. Denzel at that itme is the black man who gets the girl so to speak and maybe the fact that he wasn't, had an negative effect onhis fanbase. when i saw him on stage side viola davis, even though troy is not the gentlest black man, black women enjoy him as the husband. I heard thigns from the audience. 

Courtney b vance is in a lovely marriage from my vantage point to angela bassett, he is a nice looking guy right? but, the film legend of denzel is so great that myabe that choice, which i imagine denzel liked, to not get the girl , cost the film. 

I have said it before baout the WIZ, if diana ross layed the good witch of the north and let stephanie mills be the dorothy on film, i think the wiz becomes a huge hit. I think black women/girls/females would had responded greater to a little black girl in such a big budgeted film, being utterly cute and loveable and pretty and the winner over a black grown women in her 40s pretending to be girlish. 

casting matters and is usually underrated by many when they assess films, sometimes it can be that simple. 

richardmurray

MAN....I thought about YOU today at work when I was washing my hands, lol.

I was talking to another brother and had a quick FLASH of inspiration of the type of movies I wanted to make if I had the money and connections to produce them.
I had them down pat, exactly what I wanted to produce.....and messed around and forgot it by the time I got home.

We were talking about Denzel Washington and his new Equalizer movie.....and then he wanted to play Hannibal in another flick.

I wanted to do a SERIES of movies kind of like that.
Along the lines of Equalizer, Matrix, Friday, etc.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1 ahhh:) well, nice films you will put money too.

equalizer-esque

hannibal biopic

matrix

friday

haitian revolution film

cool

Hold on, wait a minute........

Don't jumble all of my points up together....lol.

I mentioned those films as EXAMPLES OF SERIES films.
Not the I necessarily like them all.

I do like Equalizer though.

I said that ONE of the films I'd like to do is about the Haitian Revolution.
One of many.
Still trying to remember the specific type I wanted to mention to you though.