Black Women And Sensitive Commercials

Has anyone else noticed that Black women are disproportionately featured in commercials that not only sell feminine products but also commercials about STDs and foul smelling vaginal odors?

I'm not trying to be funny, but I happened to notice this over the years.

You almost never see a commercial of an Asian woman sitting on a toilet complaining about "vaginal odors" or symptoms of STDS.

Everything shown in white-owned media is designed to reinforce anti-Black beliefs and sentiment.

The eyes provide a window into the soul and mind.  Folks believe a lot of what they see and shaped their thoughts accordingly. 

The real question is what are Black folks doing to control their own image and narrative. 

Put a Jewish woman in those same commercials and watch how fast the ADL comes crashing down with charges of antisemitism.😎

• Haha 1

But then again......
How many Asian or Jewish or Arab women would be WILLING to even DO a commercial about STD's or vaginal infections?

Some people have a natural "self awareness" where it appears they don't even have to be taught certain things.
It's almost like common sense or intuition to them that doing certain things in public will not only embarrass THEM but embarrass their COMMUNITY as well.

So what makes so many of our young people freely call eachother "nigga" out in public in restaurants, on the plane, in malls, and at work in front of White folks without so much as a second thought?
What makes so many of our youth walk up and down the street with their eyes bucked open throwing their hands every which way while cussing and rapping to themselves?

Lack of self-awareness?
Lack of care?

Why can I and many others EASILY see how disturbing and embarrassing this behavior is but so many of our people don't?

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

How many Asian or Jewish or Arab women would be WILLING to even DO a commercial about STD's or vaginal infections?

We'll never know because the media doesn't pander to those for participation.

Otherwise, people from any race, color, creed or ethnicity are capable of doing something strange for some change. 

Some people have a natural "self awareness" where it appears they don't even have to be taught certain things.
It's almost like common sense or intuition to them that doing certain things in public will not only embarrass THEM but embarrass their COMMUNITY as well.

Culture plays a huge part in human development. The code is taught from day one of a child's life.

So what makes so many of our young people freely call eachother "nigga" out in public in restaurants, on the plane, in malls, and at work in front of White folks without so much as a second thought?

No code. Rudder-less and lost.

What makes so many of our youth walk up and down the street with their eyes bucked open throwing their hands every which way while cussing and rapping to themselves?

That dysfunction starts with their parents.

Why can I and many others EASILY see how disturbing and embarrassing this behavior is but so many of our people don't?

Getting older definitely makes us more cognizant of embarrassment especially when its our people. 

More people see the dysfunctional behavior and choose not to say anything because they don't want the smoke. 

As the late, great Bernie Mac would say..."we got some punk azz parents out here". 🤣😎

ProfD

Otherwise, people from any race, color, creed or ethnicity are capable of doing something strange for some change. 

Facts.
However we also have to look at the PERCENTAGE of how many people of each race engages in a particular type of behavior.

In other word, who does it the most?

How many Asian kids are walking around holding boxes of Popeye's Chicken munching on chicken and biscuits...cussing with crumbs falling out of their mouths and calling eachother "nicca" like it's a new language?

I don't even see White kids who "try" to be what they think is "Black" doing it.
They may copy some "cool" Hiphop styles and try to talk the "yo yo whaddup bro" to a certain extent.
But there are some lines THEY don't even cross.
They'll play stupid until real danger approaches...then that "white boy" comes out, lol.

Culture plays a huge part in human development. The code is taught from day one of a child's life.

Racist protocols are certainly taught....passed down from generation to generation.
But I'm not sure if raw RACISM is.
I think that most Caucasians are simply instinctively racist against people of color and they simply teach their children HOW to be racist.

Getting older definitely makes us more cognizant of embarrassment especially when its our people. 

Some of the shit I see these clowns doing....I knew better than to do at 12 years old.

Just had a brother today almost get fired for messing around with 2 women on the job....one of them was his manager.
This nicca had a WHITE BEARD....certainly old enough to know better than to do what he did.
Just....silly as hell.
Almost 70 and still ain't learned from the mistakes he's made.
Doing dumb shit the average 14 year old should know better than to do or say.

I used the word "nigga" a lot, especially off-line....lol.
But even when I was teenager I INSTICTIVELY knew not to say it around White folks.
I just didn't do it.

A lot of Black folks did....either seemingly not knowing or not caring if White folks were listening to them.

I think it goes beyond age and generation and goes to intelligence level and self-awareness.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

However we also have to look at the PERCENTAGE of how many people of each race engages in a particular type of behavior.

In other word, who does it the most?

Every group of people has their dysfunctional.

The question to ask yourself is why don't you know about them. It's definitely not because they don't exist.

Spend some time in the backwoods or trailer parks of America or paying the same level of attention to others. You'll see their warts too.😎

On 12/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, ProfD said:

Every group of people has their dysfunctional.

The question to ask yourself is why don't you know about them. It's definitely not because they don't exist.

Spend some time in the backwoods or trailer parks of America or paying the same level of attention to others. You'll see their warts too.😎

That's my point......
They keep it in the closet or in the backwoods.

They have sense enough to HIDE their dysfunctional people.
A lot of our people tend to EMBRACE our dysfunctional and welcome them into our families and circles.
Put the fool all on television and in music videos and call it "keeping it real".

On 12/9/2023 at 7:22 AM, Pioneer1 said:

They have sense enough to HIDE their dysfunctional people.
A lot of our people tend to EMBRACE our dysfunctional and welcome them into our families and circles.
Put the fool all on television and in music videos and call it "keeping it real".

Black folks should do a better job of keeping the media from putting our dysfunction on display for the rest of the world to see.

Hard to get black folks on code when the powers that be are dangling that gold, mean green, moolah, ducats, etc. 

The desire for money puts many folks in a place where they can be bought at a price.😎

ProfD

Other communities tend to use both the carrot AND the stick to keep their people in line and from making fools of themselves and embarrassing the community.

Racists powers can offer a fool all kinds of gold and money to make a clown out of himself and disgrace his people and he MIGHT except....but if it was made clear that there was no place he could go in the world without the fear of a bunch of goons coming to snatch his ass up in the middle of the night and make him disappear...he'll think twice.

In a lot of Muslim nations, they cut off the hands of thieves.

I'm not advocating that a person loose their hand for petty non-violent crimes but the threat of loosing your hand DOES counter-act the temptation to steal nearly anything despite it's value.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Other communities tend to use both the carrot AND the stick to keep their people in line...

There are cultural ties that put them on code.

Racists powers can offer a fool all kinds of gold and money to make a clown out of himself and disgrace his people and he MIGHT except....

It's easy for someone else to offer something especially when the community cannot offer the fool anything greater.

...but if it was made clear that there was no place he could go in the world without the fear of a bunch of goons coming to snatch his ass up...

A drop squad would be great. But, I'd also like to see it operate similar to the ADL (anti-Defamation League whenever Antisemitism raises up.😎

On 12/10/2023 at 11:13 PM, ProfD said:

A drop squad would be great. But, I'd also like to see it operate similar to the ADL (anti-Defamation League whenever Antisemitism raises up.😎

You have 2 branches who work hand in hand:

The ADL (Anti Defamation League)
And the JDL (Jewish Defense League) 

The JDL is the militant branch that takes matters to the next level when the ADL simply talking doesn't work.....lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You have 2 branches who work hand in hand:

The ADL (Anti Defamation League)
And the JDL (Jewish Defense League) 

The JDL is the militant branch that takes matters to the next level when the ADL simply talking doesn't work.....lol.

Yep. That's what I want for AfroAmericans. 😎