American Baby on PBS

Do you think the 14th amendment need to be unamended to the us constitution?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a billlionaire in another country, never been to the usa, will you want a chid born in the usa?

• no
    • yes

You can see the film for free at the folllowing link, doesn't allow embeds. 
https://www.pbs.org/pov/films/howtohaveanamericanbaby/ 

MY THOUGHTS AS I WATCHED

please tell me someone else watched this, maternity hotel industry in the usa, the 14th amendment is the key legally, but this is a messy thing. Some of these women from china are rich, they simply want their child to be a usa citizen potentially for the college thing.  

4.6 billlion dollars from the chinese to the usa economy 

A chinese said the usa is god's country. A woman said where she is from in Yunnan, China, people starve to death. 

The funny thing is starvation isn't foreign to the usa, but people outside the usa don't seem to know that. 

I love how a man from china was shocked when his wife said she wanted a child born in the usa. and i concur to him , china is not somalia, china is not haiti, china is wealtheir than germany. To be blunt, black people in the usa always talk about how you have to figure it out. And the woman who suggested it to her husband, the baby died. The maternity hotel put her in isolation. 

I want to say Dr. Mo is making a killing. He has a public hustle. 3500 a baby. And he gets 20 broads a month at least. And the traffikers in china 40,000 usa dollars. from someone in china to make this happen. I will love to know how many rich countries populaces are doing this?

If you have 40,000 usa in china, and you can afford to give that you are not poor. You crazy though. 

A chinese woman wanted a checkup for her baby and it is like a penthouse in vegas, but the woman said it right, suddenly you have a ton of chinese women having babies so the price goes up. the hospital wanted 170,000 but lowered it to  10,996.50 for total .They claim the guy selling meth right now is a bad guy. 

A woman that was a "boss lady" had a husband who divorced her so she had to sell the house she did maternity hotels in the usa. He is leaving her and the child they have together.

The woman that lost the baby, she is a mistress. She came from a poor villlage. The  guy is older. 

MY THOUGHTS AFTER WATCHING

Most people in the usa or outside of it are financially poor. But for the wealthy who live outside the wealthy white european fold[USA= Western Europe], an imbalanced relationship with the countries they are from exists with the usa. The problem isn't wealth outside the usa, for the wealthy outside the usa, it is the safety net of descendants. I think of Mrs . Parkington. [free to view]

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2371&type=status

And I realize through this film, a culture  is growing or a heritage has been made, that the wealthy outside the usa have of wanting protection for their next generations. A billionaire in china today, can't guarantee a financial safety net to their forebears of the same quality as in the usa. To rephrase, paris hiltons and the like are less possible in china. 

Members of the black dos community  in the usa who always talk about bootstraps to other black people shall love china then? right? 

now05.png

9 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Some of these women from china are rich, they simply want their child to be a usa citizen potentially for the college thing.  

A billionaire in china today, can't guarantee a financial safety net to their forebears of the same quality as in the usa. 

First, it reads like some Chinese folks are watching too much reality TV. 

Secondly, if a Chinese person was allowed to become a billionaire they will be able to provide a financial safety net to their offspring.

More importantly, these types of issues should be of zero concern to Black folks.

AfroAmericans  have more than enough concerns of our own as we continue trying to navigate the prison of racism white supremacy and everything that comes with it. 

We (AfroAmericans) don't need any more distractions to keep us from demanding America pay us for its  greatest sin (slavery). 

Reparations should be a religion to AfroAmericans.😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ProfD i think black people in the usa should be concerned with everything that happens in the usa, simply cause they live there. From my experience nothing is irrelevant under the government one lives.

As for what matters to black people intracommunally, I wonder how many black women from financially successful families in the caribbean/africa/asia/south america come to the usa or europe to have a baby similarly.  I recall hearing something a few years back offline but I didn't pay it any mind, but I oppose this for fiscally wealthy black women from outside the usa. 

5 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD i think black people in the usa should be concerned with everything that happens in the usa, simply cause they live there. From my experience nothing is irrelevant under the government one lives.

As it relates to AfroAmericans (ADOS/FBA), we should only be concerned with issues that affect us. 

Otherwise, it is a distraction to keep us from focusing on reparations.

Whatever is going on with Chinese women and their wanting to have babies in America has nothing to do with AfroAmericans.😎

• Like 1