People Ignoring Their Smoke Detectors

Has anyone else noticed something that seems to be more and more common when you talk to a lot of people at home lately?

It seems that a lot of people are simply letting their smoke alarms beep and chirp.

They aren't changing the batteries.
They are just letting them chirp and ignoring them and if you say something about it they will either act like they didn't notice or get annoyed that you even mentioned it.

It's like going over someone's house with roaches.
They are all over the place but you're supposed to "pretend" that you don't see them...lol.

I started noticing this 10 of 11 years ago and then started noticing it online when people were doing videos from their homes.
People are just chatting away with a timed "beep" in the background that you'd think they didn't hear because they seem to talk right over it without so much as an eye twitch.

I don't know if it's the fact weed or some people are just biologically programmed to "tune out" certain things or have trained themselves to do so but the trend is disturbing.
Not because the sound is annoying...but because so many people have chosen to ignore or "tune out" something so easily fixable such as replacing the battery in their alarm.
The "disturbing" part is what this says about them and their psychological state.

I've noticed it too. It's ridiculous. 

I've got about 5 smoke detectors. As soon as I hear a chirp, I'm tracking down the culprit amd changing the battery.

It's a cheap and easy and quick fix. No excuse to let it persist. People are lazy.😎

As soon as I hear one chirp, I change the batteries to all of them.

yeah, I saw a video with that guy who used to advise women on men. I forget his name, but he died recently. At any rate he told one woman she definitely didn’t have a man in the house because he could hear the smoke alarm chopping during their conversation 🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Troy said:

yeah, I saw a video with that guy who used to advise women on men. I forget his name, but he died recently. At any rate he told one woman she definitely didn’t have a man in the house because he could hear the smoke alarm chopping during their conversation 🙂

Reads like that was Kevin Samuels.😁😎

Lol....I didn't know Kevin said that, but it makes sense.

To be honest I didn't pay too much attention to the sex of the people who's houses these alarms were going off in but come to think of it, seems like it happens with more women than men.

One woman told me that it was her "landlord's job" to change the batteries in the smoke detector...not hers, lol.
I said, even if it's keeping you and your kids up at night with that beeping and chirping???

People can’t get used to a lot of things, especially if they feel they have no control over it.

Kevin Samuels deserves his own thread. One of my boys told me about him and said I definitely got to check him out. I watched a few of his videos. He was pretty harsh on the sisters. Admittedly some of them seem the need a little bit of tough love and candor.

Thing I didn’t like, however is that he would dismiss women who weren’t accepting his advice to “die alone.” I wonder if he died alone?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

People can’t get used to a lot of things, especially if they feel they have no control over it.

Poverty and systemic oppression are great examples.

I was born and raised in a lower middle class environment and BRIEFLY experienced poverty in the form of homelessness years ago.....and mentally could barely tolerate it.

My "intolerance" for it forced me to do thing I wouldn't have ordinarily done to raise myself out of that situation.

I wasn't trying to "get used" to it or "make the best" of that situation without trying to get out of it.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Kevin Samuels deserves his own thread. 

Thing I didn’t like, however is that he would dismiss women who weren’t accepting his advice to “die alone.” I wonder if he died alone?

Reportedly, there was a woman in bed with Kevin Samuels when he died. So, he wasn't alone.  Probably had a crooked smile on his face too.🤣😎

• Haha 1

I was going to say it but ProfD beat me to it about Kevin dying in bed with some woman.
I heard she was non-Black and many years younger than him too.

Well......
If you're going to die anyway, dying on top of a woman you're banging certainly wouldn't be one of the worse ways to go out.

Yep. I don't imagine Kevin Samuels chose to go out with a bang but it was better than alternatives.

IMO, dying in one's sleep is better than years of pain and suffering from a debilitating disease or illness or getting killed violently or from an accident. 

Doctor said I have sleep apnea. Suggested a CPAP machine. I asked doc what's the worst that could happen to me. 

Doc said I could die in my sleep. I smiled.  Told him I'm good with that and threw up deuces and left without a machine.

As a relatively healthy man otherwise, I can't go to bed with a mask on my face like snufflelufagas. It's not a sexy look.🤣

Over a decade later, I'm still breathing and waking up. I would gladly check out like brotha Samuels when my times up.😎

ProfD

Yeah, got quite a few friends with sleep apnea and even have to use the machine.

You must be heavy.
A lot of people who are heavy in weight tend to have sleep apnea.

Another issue could be arthritis in the spine that affects the structure of the wind pipe when you lay down.

As I get older I often imagine different ways I'd like to die also....lol.

Simply dying in my sleep....during a nice and lovely dream...is ideal.
However a very quick violent death in which I lose consciousness quickly would be far more ideal than going through months or years of some disease.

This is one of the reasons I'm so angry at some of the teachings of many religions.
I was promised that "the end" would come before the year 2000...lol.

One religion says that Jesus would come back.
Another said the world would end.
Another said that a Savior would return and make the world better.

Here we are in 2024....decades later... and the world is still shitty and there are wars and disease on top of war and disease.

I have lady friends, but no children....by choice.
Unlike you, I actually do believe in Life after physical death so I really have no reason to hang around in this Reality if the bad outweighed the good.

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You must be heavy.
A lot of people who are heavy in weight tend to have sleep apnea.

Another issue could be arthritis in the spine that affects the structure of the wind pipe when you lay down.

Nope. I'm not heavy nor arthritic.

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Unlike you, I actually do believe in Life after physical death so I really have no reason to hang around in this Reality if the bad outweighed the good.

Right. Due to my beliefs, life should be lived to the fullest extent every day while we're on this side of the realm just in case as Michael Jackson found out...This is It.🤣😎

36 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Nope. I'm not heavy nor arthritic.

Right. Due to my beliefs, life should be lived to the fullest extent every day while we're on this side of the realm just in case as Michael Jackson found out...This is It.🤣😎

Well the issue is......if this IS it...we wouldn't know it, lol.

• Haha 1