Africans Converting To Foreign Religions

During our discussion in another thread about why Africans so easily converted to other outside foreign religions, I forgot to add something.......

I could understand if a Spirit or some other super natural Entity actually CAME to Africans and clearly openly declared Christianity or Islam or some other religion to be the correct one coming from God.

I could understand if a super natural Entity came performing Miracles in the name of those other religions.

In THAT case...I can easily understand how a person seeing this would convert and accept it.

I can understand how someone BORN into the religion could just easily accept it as true.....however I'm talking about the FIRST people of those lands who were introduced to it.

For another human being who doesn't even look like you to simply come from another nation with a book that you can't even read because it's not in your language and TELL you it came from God or TELL you it's holy and you should accept it and that religion....and you sincerely accept it without any proof or strong evidence....that, I take issue with.

60-Africa.jpg

I wonder would the Europeans or Arabs so easily convert to traditional African religions as so many Africans converted to Christianity and Islam?

Dr. Ben illustrated how white folks stole from African religion.

As always, the devils stole, remixed, codified and sold something back to Black folks.

That white man used words instead of a gun to mentally program i.e. brainwash a group of boys (males). Filling  their heads with BS. No parents around.

A picture is worth a thousand words. The above is just one example of the trick that white folks have played out against Black folks for several centuries and counting.😎

Then the question would be, why do so many of our people keep falling for the same okey doke over and over again?

Look at what happened with Jim Jones and the "People's Temple".

That shit happened as late as the 70s.....AFTER our community was educated and informed by the greats such as Marcus Garvey and Elijah Muhammad.
Over 700 Black folks STILL fell for that devil's hype and followed that fool down there!

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Then the question would be, why do so many of our people keep falling for the same okey doke over and over again?

When people are looking for something they will follow anything. 

All it takes is for someone to come along talking some good sh8t and playing on shortcomings or insecurities.

Religion is the worst form of mind control because parents will drag their children kicking and screaming into it.

Several centuries of mental programming passed down from one generation to the next is one helluva recipe for mind control.😎

Black people who fall under the sway of Christianity do so for the same reason as white folks do. After all,  as ProfD infers Christianity is just a whitewashed version of an Egyptian religion whose Jesus counterpart was Horus.  You are all familiar with that claim. Same guy, different color.  These "buddhas" like Christ and  Horus are central to all religions, all charismatic figures offering salvation.

Obviously, religion fills a need. It's the "opiate of the masses". When you tell down trodden people of all colors  existing in the throes of oppression/depression, that they will be justly rewarded when they die by going to heaven, a paradise that washes away all their cares, and that all they have to do to get there is to  pledge allegiance to a father figure and his son,  then gullible desperate people believe it! That, along with endeavoring to resist the evil perpetrated by the satanic enemy of their savior, becomes a way of life that helps them cope and survive, as flawed a formula as this is, it offers HOPE.

I don't know why pioneer  poses this question. Does he ask himself why he reveres the Bible and believes that God exists. What he criticizes is an off shoot of his mind set, cloaked in faith.

Nobody asked me, but from my own personal experiences, I imagine that  there is a higher power which you can download into your spiritual computer and program the daily miracles that get you through life.

Feel free to remind me how "I know that I know nothing". źzzzzzzzz

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, aka Contrarian said:

When you tell down trodden people of all colors existing in the throes of oppression/depression, that they will be justly rewarded when they die by going to heaven, a paradise that washes away all their cares....

That part of the movie cracks me up every time. 🤣

...as flawed a formula as this is, it offers HOPE.

That's the reason I haven't started a church crusading against it. 😁

Religion isn't my thing but I realize folks need a coping mechanism. Probably better for them than becoming a drug addict or alcoholic or some other destructive behavior. 

Nobody asked me, but from my own personal experiences, I imagine that  there is a higher power which you can download into your spiritual computer and program the daily miracles that get you through life.

That makes more sense than the mumbo jumbo folks hooting and hollering and spitting on Sundays from the book of fairy tales.😎

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

we are human, just like Billy Graham. 

Christianity did NOT come out of Africa.
Nor is it founded in ancient Egyptian/Kemetic belief systems.

I've heard and read these claims for years by a lot of quasi-Christian Afrocentrists.

Most of them push this belief by CHERRY PICKING certain similarities that exist between the religion of Christianity and a few documented stories attributed to ancient Egyptian philosophy....but not by doing on extensive comparison between the two institutions.

Based on my research on religion....especially Christianity and it's foundations and doctrine....there are VERY FEW similarities between Christianity and ancient Egyptian belief systems when both are compared in their "entirety".

In my opinion, it's pushed by Black folks who are still affiliated with the church and Christianity and seek to find ways to justify their position and association to it by making it seem as if Christianity is really "our" religion so they don't have to make the difficult choice of leaving it.
Similar to how they'll take a White Jesus and paint him "Black" but still hold on to the "white savior" mentality...lol.

BTW, my question as to whether or not the Europeans or Arabs would have followed traditional African religion if the roles were reversed and Africans went up into Europe or Arabia to convert them has yet to be touched....lol.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Most of them push this belief by CHERRY PICKING certain similarities that exist between the religion of Christianity and a few documented stories attributed to ancient Egyptian philosophy....but not by doing on extensive comparison between the two institutions.

Based on my research on religion....especially Christianity

there are many scholars that would disagree with you.

Going back to your original question it was answered. If the roles were reversed, and everything else being equal, Europeans and Arab would’ve converted too it has to do with the way humans behave has nothing to do with the color of the skin.

Troy

there are many scholars that would disagree with you.

True.
And there are many scholars who would AGREE.

Scholars who are both Christian and Afrocentrist will cherry pick and point out consistencies between Christianity, the Bible, and Egyptian Mysticism.

Afrocentrist scholars who are reject Christianity will ask them:

- what part of ancient Egypt did  Christians derive the name "Jesus" from?
- what part of ancient Egypt is there talk of a Christ figure dying for 3 days and being resurrected?
- what part of ancient Egypt did the concept of Popes, cardinals, and nuns come from?

Again, claiming Christianity comes from Egypt is just another excuse negroes make to adhere to the "old time" religion that White folks forced on their ancestors.

Going back to your original question it was answered. If the roles were reversed, and everything else being equal, Europeans and Arab would’ve converted too it has to do with the way humans behave has nothing to do with the color of the skin.

I suppose you have a few examples to prove this assertion?

@Pioneer1 There are an  million examples;

How do you think most Christians became Christian? Do you think the only people spreading the gospel are white people in Africa? There are black Christians going to white countries to proselytize.

As far as the origins of Christianity. Where do you believe is started pioneer? Then tell me which continent that would be? I’ll wait…

Troy

How do you think most Christians became Christian?

They were BORN into it.

As is the case with most religions.

Do you think the only people spreading the gospel are white people in Africa? 

No.

There are black Christians going to white countries to proselytize.

Yes, but for different reasons than the White Christians.

The Black Christians who go to White nations to proselytize are sincere and actually believe in the Bible and in Christianity.
Most of the White Christians who go to Africa, Asia, and other nations of color KNOW better and DON'T believe in the Bible nor Christianity but recognize them and use them as TOOL to subjugate the people they come into contact with.

As far as the origins of Christianity. Where do you believe is started pioneer? Then tell me which continent that would be? I’ll wait…

“And it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians,Acts 11: 26.

Definition of Antioch in the Bible

Antioch was/is a city in norther Syria.....in what was considered Asia Minor .

But the modern form of Christianity most Christians practice today was crafted in Rome under the Vatican.

Being born of Christian parents is not sufficient to make you a Christian, you know that man don’t try to play me @Pioneer1 😉

So the Old Testament, Moses, pharaoh, and all those cats mean nothing to you regarding the origins of Christianity?

In 2024 AD, it's not relevant where  Christianity originated inasmuch as it has undergone so much modification. But, as usual, a straw man argument is trotted out, polluting this discussion, supplying answers for questions that weren't asked, blurring the issue with a lot of geographical subterfuge, while over looking the simple question I asked pioneer.  Which was: why do you question the devotion of black folks to Christianity when you, yourself, are so attached to the Bible and its fables and so firm in your belief in God? Can't you figure out that the degree to which people embrace their creed  is commensurate with their need to be blessed?

Your motivation seems to be a need to dispute anything connected with the Bible which doesn't comply with your interpretations, in order to give the impression that you are omniscient.  tsk-tsk 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Having Christian parents born is not sufficient to make you a Christian, you know that man don’t try to play me @Pioneer1 😉

So the Old Testament, Moses, pharaoh, and all those cats mean nothing to you regarding the origins of Christianity?

1. It is widely known that the ONLY qualification for being a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ as your "lord and savior".
So yes...being brought up with Christian parents or in a Christian society and loosely believing in Christianity is sufficient.
You don't have to be a fundamentalist.
Now whether one is a "good Christian" or not....I'm sure has qualifications based on one's behavior and adherence to the different rules depending on your denomination, but most Christians would agree that simply accepting Christ as your lord and savior is sufficient.

2. Moses, Pharaoh and the others have next to NOTHING to do with Christianity because most Christians only use the Old Testament as a reference pointing to the New Testament.
From a scholarly point of view......
These are what could be considered Biblical (some may even argue "fictional") characters, while early founders of Christianity were real historical figures.

It should also be noted that Christianity was NOT established by the figure we call Jesus.
It was established by Paul.
But that's a different argument all together....lol.

On 3/28/2024 at 3:34 AM, Pioneer1 said:

...it should also be noted that Christianity was NOT established by the figure we call Jesus.
It was established by Paul.
But that's a different argument all together....lol.

Nothing to argue about if you're into religion. Jesus was not a Christian; he has been referred to as a Jewish Rabbi, and progressive biblical scholars now claim he did not "die for our sins" but was executed for challenging the authorities. 

Happy Easter aka Resurrection Day!

🐰🪺

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 4:34 AM, Pioneer1 said:

It is widely known that the ONLY qualification for being a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ as your "lord and savior".
So yes...being brought up with Christian parents or in a Christian society and loosely believing in Christianity is sufficient.

Accepting Christ and being brought up by Christian parents are mutually exclusive. 

3 minutes ago, Troy said:

Accepting Christ and being brought up by Christian parents are mutually exclusive. 

Mutually exclusive is a statistical term describing two or more events that cannot happen simultaneously. It is commonly used to describe a situation where the occurrence of one outcome supersedes the other. For example, war and peace cannot coexist at the same time. This makes them mutually exclusive.

Are you saying that in your opinion a person brought up by Christian parents cannot accept Christ?
Or that those who accept Christ could not have been brought up by Christian parents?

In the case above, I think brotha @Troy left out the word *not*...mutually exclusive. But, he'll answer for himself. 

The resident agnostic was brought up in a Christian household and family and clearly it didn't work.🤣😎

22 minutes ago, ProfD said:

In the case above, I think brotha @Troy left out the word *not*...mutually exclusive. But, he'll answer for himself. 

If he did intend to insert the "not"....then that statement would be more correct, but it would make little sense in the context of our discussion because nobody has even suggested such.

Sorry in my haste I made a mistake.

@Pioneer1 wrote that the following is sufficient to make you a Christian.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:34 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Christian parents or in a Christian society and loosely believing in Christianity is sufficient.

The point I was trying to make is being brought up by Christian parents does not make one a Christian, you have to be “saved.” You must profess acceptance of Christ and be baptized. That is what I was taught in the Baptist church, but of course there are more denominations of Christianity than I can name and they are all practice differently.

But as it’s always the case, it is a waste of time trying to Expose @Pioneer1 to anything different to what he already believes. I don’t think he’s ever changed his position on anything. This makes it impossible for one to learn new things.

It was pointed out that Christianity has a basis in Africa, and despite all the evidence to this pioneer rejects this outright.

I know a lot of us grew up with the portrait of the white Jesus hanging in our homes. I bet Pioneer still has his hanging up. and that’s cool with me if he brings him solace.

IMG_1382.png

14 hours ago, Troy said:

I know a lot of us grew up with the portrait of the white Jesus hanging in our homes. 

Ever since I was a kid, I found it interesting that Black folks didn't see anything *wrong* with that sh8t.🤣

Imagine a 7-year-old boy running telling grown-ups they were stupid for trying to sell him on Santa Claus and them believing in that white man on the picture.😁

Of course, that resulted in a few azz whuppings for me but I wasn't broken.🤣😎

• Haha 1