OJ Simpson Loses Battle with Cancer

It's been thirty years since the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, and the divisive racial overtones inspired by OJ being found "not guilty" of their murders lingers to this day. The white reaction to the news of OJ's death has been one of "good riddance". Black people are reluctant to be anything other than non committal...

All because this sensational case was really never about guilt or innocence.  It was about payback.  About Emmit Till and Rodney King and a racist criminal justice system - about a long history of unwarranted  lynchings. About a jury of mostly black woman coming to the rescue of a trifling black man. And it was also about how rich celebrities are able to beat the rap. 

The lives of Nicole and Ron were sacrificed on the altar of tough luck.

We say that time brings change. But not always. 

Yep. Even with OJ's passing, white folks are still spitting venom. In their minds, that n8gga got away with killing those beautiful people.🤣

A few broadcasters were blatantly calling OJ a killer/slasher despite that he was found not guilty.

The media is also speculating if any portion of OJ's estate will go to the families. Again, he was found not guilty.

However, a $30M+ civil lawsuit was awarded against OJ which in effect found him responsible, er, guilty of something. Nobody has been able to collect on it. 

Whatever is left of OJ's estate should go to his heirs. There's really nothing left to see. That case is closed for good now. 😎

Sad to hear about our brother passing away like that.
He's probably at peace now.

I still remember when that verdict came out back in '95.
I was working in a mall and everyone in that mall were packed in Best Buys and Circuit Cities and Department stores....anywhere that had televisions.
All standing around watching for the verdict.

When it came down NOT GUILTY it seems like all of the Black folks in the mall started cheering and jumping up and down.
I remember men picking up women and kissing them and slinging them around....lol.

I remember one older sista who I didn't know grabbing me jumping up and down...titties bouncing all over me....lol
A woman can do that now and it wouldn't be a problem.....but back then at that age I had to take a few minutes to go somewhere and "calm" myself down....before heading back out to work LMBAO!!! 😆

• Like 1

S

On 4/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Sad to hear about our brother passing away like that.
He's probably at peace now.

Let's hope conspiracy theorists won't keep his memory alive by claiming he was *given* cancer while in prison or during a routine physical exam.😎

16 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Let's hope conspiracy theorists won't keep his memory alive by claiming he was *given* cancer

Well, you know this is how those conspiracy theories often start 😉

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:54 AM, Troy said:

Delete?! Man with the algorithm in control that is the only way to get traffic nowadays.

Right.  Hopefully, the algorithm won't attract racist trolls.🤣

There's no shortage of white folks directing vitriol towards OJ's ashes. 😁

It really burns them up to believe OJ got away with murder despite their legal system acquitting him.😎