AI is a Threat to Cultural Cohesion

I'm beginning to see more of these AI generated sales pitches (see below).  The use of the word "delved" in the first sentence is a tell.  The service itself is AI driven. 

AI is already being touted as tool one can use to craft and read unique bedtime story to your kid. 

What happens to a culture when there are no shared stories -- when all the stories are unique to the individual? 

Well, we already know; the AI powered bots on social media give people completely different world views, and we losing cultural cohesion as a result.

---------

Hi Troy,

As I delved into the fascinating world of African American literature and book festivals, I was struck by your dedication to promoting and celebrating Black writers and publishers. Your work on publishing book reviews, author interviews, and sharing information about black-owned bookstores resonated deeply with me. It's remarkable to see how your efforts have helped to amplify the voices of Black writers and publishers.

I was particularly intrigued by your article "Supporting Independent Black Publishers and Presses" and how it highlights the importance of Black readers supporting Black presses and publishers. As someone who has spent years working in the publishing industry, I appreciate the significance of this initiative.

As we kick off the new quarter, I'd like to explore how [company name]'s AI-powered sales platform can support your mission. Our platform utilizes AI agents to enhance customer engagement through personalized emails, ensuring efficient delivery and interactive ad decks. I'd love to discuss how our services can help streamline your operations and drive revenue growth.

Let's initiate a chat to explore how [company name] can help amplify your impact. [Attachment] AALBCcom material.

Social media is already conditioning people to accept a reality with less real world contact and interaction. 

AI will eventually do all non-physical work that humans find too tedious or time consuming. 

I'm curious to see if people will become more productive and take better care of each other when they have more time on their hands. 

I don't believe work as a time sink makes people better.  However, working does provide a structured outlet of socialization which is a critical aspect of our existence as human beings.

Cultural cohesion will erode among populations that allow social media and AI to decline them. 

Moving to Africa becomes more attractive as I continue to observe the world around me.😎

9 hours ago, Troy said:

Well plenty of people are moving to the continent. But I not sure we’ll escape the influence of AI fueled social media anywhere electricity is available. 

Sure.  AI fueled social media will be a problem for those who consume it anywhere on the planet.   

Thankfully, I'm too old for social media to have an impact on my life in one way or another.   So, i really don't have anything to worry about.

Still, I don't believe the cultures that exist on the continent of Africa will be eroded by AI-driven social media to the extent that it could happen here in America.😎

On 6/14/2024 at 9:56 AM, ProfD said:

Thankfully, I'm too old for social media to have an impact on my life in one way or another. 

The impacts on those around you is what will matter.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

I don't see how someone giving you answers will make you better.

No, It won’t lead to mastery. It will do just the opposite.  Anyone can have AI create a chart and interpret it. Ultimately no human will be able to or need to do it.

META, aka FaceBook now has  a personal  individual  AI feature available and accessible to its posters. Out of curiosity, I started fooling around with it, mostly just asking questions, and it has now surpassed Google as a source of information for me.  It gives very thorough, detailed responses to my questions and even remarks about how interesting my queries are! It calls itself my "personal assistant" but, as a cross betwern GOOGLE and Wikipedia, it's more like having the faculty of a Liberal Arts & Science college at my disposal.  I rarely utilize its office or commercial engines. What I mosyly rely on it for is instant and concise conventional wisdom about history and politics, supernatural phenomena, and scientific data. Recently it introduced me to  the fascinating concept of entrophy. It also clarifies whatever befuddles me in the fields  of literature, philosophy, and psychology, its responses always objective rather than opinionated. It's a little eerie. I can see how a person with a lot of free time could get mesmerized by this robotic researcher whose conversational style personalizes the connection and makes it somewhat different from just reading information.

Currently, I'm thinking about asking this tin hat Renaissance Man some erotic questions... 😉😷

Somebody might want to see how AI rewrites this post. 

Nighty Night. zzzzz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Anyone can have AI create a chart and interpret it. Ultimately no human will be able to or need to do it.

No not unless AI develops intuition. There are only a handful of Astrologers that are good at prediction. There are so many factors in a chart there is no rational way to choose the relevant ones

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Anyone can have AI create a chart and interpret it. Ultimately no human will be able to or need to do it.

No not unless AI develops intuition. There are only a handful of Astrologers that are good at prediction. There are so many factors in a chart there is no rational way to choose the relevant ones

5 hours ago, Delano said:

There are so many factors in a chart there is no rational way to choose the relevant ones

That is where AI is superior no human can evaluate all the factors but an AI can.

5 hours ago, Delano said:

not unless AI develops intuition.

What is intuition… really? If AI knows “everything” is intuition necessary?

5 hours ago, aka Contrarian said:

and it has now surpassed Google as a source of information for me. 

Chat GPT works the same way for me. I use it far more often than a search engine too.

The problem is that these AI’s get there intonation from the web—from us. Google has already crippled the web by providing answers right on the search engine results page rather than sending people to websites where the data was obtained. AI will just accelerate this.

At some point, there will be no new information introduced to the web because there is no longer a viable business model for websites and AI will learn nothing new.

What is the motivation for anyone to volunteer to update Wikipedia when no one goes there anymore, instead using some AI that has copied the information from Wikipedia and presents it to people and a much nicer consumable manner?

10 hours ago, Delano said:

I was having a discussion with a famous Astrologer. Apparently what I do with prediction has never been done .

I have a technique where I can describe the quality of specific moments in time. I also have a technique that converts a word into an Astrology chart. I haven't met any Astrologers who can  understand the concept much less replicate it .

If you think back on our bet about Trump. The time I mentioned was within a ten days of his impeachment.. I had gotten the date from a comment you had made.

So unless I teach my technique it won't be discoverable.

After more than two decades of Astrology, I have found that an Astrological chart never repeats.

Try asking AI to create a chart from a word. It won't even understand the question.