A whole reality exists outside the boundaries of language.  Maybe words, rather than defining, are instead, confining?  :huh:

Image may contain: text

• Thanks 2

Forget metaphor how about; "God is the Universe."  We are not created in the Universe's image like some carbon copy; we are the image of the universe.

• Thanks 1

Del

I am not certain how your two statements are different.

In the picture Cynique posted, it infers that the Universe CREATED us to be an image or reflection of Itself.

But Troy is inferring that there was no act of creation but that we simply ARE the image of the Universe Itself.

Pioneer can you explain how something created to be an image. Is different than image. 

You are still a representation of the universe. 

Thanks for the clarification Pioneer.

Since there are millions of us, we can't all be the universe.  We can be the spawns of the universe; each of us a miniature one unto ourselves.

• Thanks 1

Yes Troy that's why I thanked him . Although i don't see that as very different. In terms of the end product. 

Well we could exist in our galaxy. And share the universe.

Well there are billions of use Cynique and I think are all part of the universe, not a reflection of it, not a product of it we are it.  The distinguishing ourselves as individual apart from the whole is how we perceive reality, but I'd don't that is the way it is.

Del keep in mind just because Pioneer clarified my statement does not mean that he did it correctly--surely you must know this :lol:  I needed to confirm that for you.  The distinction I made was important because it explains the different between my statement and Cyniques last one

We could all be particles of the big bang, and each particle could be a miniature universe; a microcosm.  Just like we are star children, because we are made up of the same elements as stars are.

The meme in this post, which is only a speculation, conveys with illustrations that humans have physical counterparts of the universe. Which would further suggests that we are replicas of it.  Everybody has their own theory and when it comes to the truth, who knows? 

• Thanks 1

Who's to say there is only ONE Universe.
Perhaps there are multiple.....parallel....Universes.

Troy

So you're basically saying that I clarified the TEXT of your post but not the INTENT?

Cynique

and when it comes to the truth, who knows?

The One Who created the Universe(s).

@Pioneer1Who says the universe was created by a someone? Apparently your mind can't conceive that this wasn't the case.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.