Having My Say

The last i head, this is supposed to be a free country.  And black people above all,  are constantly striving to exercise their freedom.  Because blacks are not all of one mind, some blacks have a problem when it comes to freedom of appearance.  They are luke warm about diversity and  want to dictate, judge, and criticize the choices of certain other blacks who resist the herd mentality of black brain washing that can be as restraining as white control. 

These Afro-centric vigilants, awash in their patented rhetoric, have taken on the role of deciding how black women, in particular, are obligated to look, and they are perfectly comfortable with imposing their standards, totally resistant to change because they are mired in the swamp of the past. They drone on and on about how deceived those are who don't accept their standards, mistaking the indifference of those they wish to reform, attributing it to ignorance, thinking they have to educate them about  the hazards of European standards. It never occurs to them that what they are preaching is a stagnant gospel, and the are obviously unable to appreciate the idea that individuals are free to exercise a choice when it comes to how they want to present themselves to the wide world of reality. 

The  same crowd frets about colorism which is, indeed, an unforgiving fact of life and, as such, subjects some people to  unfair and insensitive rejection.  This being the case,  it is then  nobody's damn business if some choose  to get their color out of a jar, an innocuous procedure  that is in a category  with plastic surgery, liposuction, contact lenses, wigs, teeth braces, eyebrow-arching,  acryllic nails, and gym work-outs. Ahh  but the au naturelle nazis remain a constant voice of condemnation and  when not disapproving of independent black women, they devote their time to harboring suspicions about ongoing secret conspiracies existing to do - what?  Keep blacks down?  Whoooo what a great revelation!   Enough to make blacks sacrifice what little enjoyment they derive from life in order to concentrate on worrying about something they are not supposed to be aware of. Them.   

Discrimination is also a fact of life. Obese people, for instance, are discriminated against, so losing weight is a choice some make.  Racial discrimination is something that is a constant challenge, one that involves ingenuity to circumvent. This cruel world does not adjust to the individual. The individual is charged with the task of adjusting to it, of carving his own path and going which ever way she wants.  For black people this can call for tuning out  the "Greek chorus" chanting the same ol message of  revering Africa,  the great land mass  which doesn't give a damn about its American diaspora, and can hardly sustain it own people, prompting many to immigrate to this country and enjoy the fruits of the civil rights struggle they played no part in.   

Of course these are controversial concepts that will go in one ear and out the other of those who don't think outside the box.  Those who'd much rather stay in a comfort zone free of critical thinking and just go along with the same ol litany of cliches that black have been mouthing for years in an effort to bolster their morale, huddled in the night of  yesterday, reluctant to wake up to a new dawn where a person  weighs his options and thinks for herself.   

This mind-set is not really revolutionary.  Great numbers of blacks have already made the decision to do their own thing not even aware of how they have liberated themselves from the dictates of others, all the while supporting the common cause of racial injustice.  And so it goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Cynique said:

Those who'd much rather stay in a comfort zone free of critical thinking and just go along with the same ol litany of cliches that black have been mouthing for years in an effort to bolster their morale, huddled in the night of  yesterday, reluctant to wake up to a new dawn where a person  weighs his options and thinks for herself.   

This whole post is so awesome!

It is time for a new dawn! It's time to weigh options and think individually and rethink about some old cliches' because they may not fit today! 

I am not kicking against old views either, but in the past, we have not been given the proper tools to understand everything so now, we need to be refreshed!  

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Why oppressed people oppress people.

@Delano This is a hard truth, at times. I once heard it this way; When the poor oppress the poor, it is like the sweeping rain.

• Like 2

Cynique

The last i head, this is supposed to be a free country.

Well you "head" wrong.....lol.

Fortunately it won't be the LAST thing you hear because I'm not going to leave you in a lie.

What you're calling "freedoms" and "facts of life" are the result of 400 years of racist indoctrination and brainwashing by White Supremacy Idealists who have been controling the majority of the thought, speech, and action of their slaves and their descendants within the confines of THIS society.

Saying that Black women who wear their hair blond are exercising their "freedom" is like saying a dog who sleeps in it's master's backyard is exercising "freedom" of behavior by not hopping the fence and sleeping in another's yard.....totally ignoring the fact that it's been TRAINED to behave that way since birth.

Ofcourse AfroAmerican women are LEGALLY free to dye their hair any color they want or choose not to straighten it if they please BUT because they have been TRAINED by this society to straighten their hair and in some cases dye their hair just to fit in, get along, get a job, and get attention from men.....socially they are NOT free.
They are still held in the psychological chains of social acceptance.

Society and peer pressure COMPELS them to conform to White Supremist values against their natural mind.

Take a look at my signature because it's absolutely fitting for this discussion.

If a person controls and limits the amount of knowledge you have, they can control and limit your behavior and activities.
If you are limited and controlled, you are NOT free.

11 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If a person controls and limits the amount of knowledge you have, they can control and limit your behavior and activities.
If you are limited and controlled, you are NOT free.

Well that is true. 

Can the one who is truly controlled actually have the self awareness to know that they are being controlled?  I don't think they can.  This why if is often so difficult to convince one who is being controlled that this is indeed the case. 

We know people are being manipulated by through the cell phones through social media and other apps without their knowledge. Those being manipulated when made aware of it always deny it, say it does not matter, or find some other way to dismiss it the impact.  This is the true definition of manipulation.

We are all being manipulated.  Some to a greater extent than others...

Sometimes they know.
Sometimes they don't.

But if you doubt that people can KNOW they're being controlled and still conform to that control and manipulation almost willingly.....consider people who are addicted to cigarettes.
After decades of letting you know what cigarettes do to you and how many harmful chemicals are in them obseve how many people not only STILL smoke but even JOKE about it.
Calling the "cancer sticks" as they take one out to light.
Jokingly brag about "killing more brain cells" by taking a smoke break.
Even laugh about how hooked they are on cigarettes knowing full well they're being used and manipulated.

The powers that be in this society are slowing taking their masks off because they now realize it doesn't matter whether you TELL people they're being controled or conceal that fact from them.....they will still submit to your manipulation and control as long as they can get a little pleasure and some ease from their daily burdens.

Yeah today people who start smoking are being manipulated to do so. The fact that cigarettes are addictive just complicates things.  The fact they they will kill people makes it just evil.

There have been a lot of articles recently that stated that no amount of alcohol is good for you.  Will I stop drinking probably not -- at least not until I finish all the alcohol I have in my home 🙂

After a lifetime of conditioning and 40+ years of drinking (yeah we started early in my neighborhood) it will take some effort to stop.  But common sense says I should stop.  So I recognize that I'm being manipulated in this case.

45 minutes ago, Troy said:

Can the one who is truly controlled actually have the self awareness to know that they are being controlled?  I don't think they can.  This why if is often so difficult to convince one who is being controlled that this is indeed the case. 

Absolutely you can be self-aware and know if you're being controlled - In fact that is the definition of self-awareness!

... It starts by being honest with yourself - which means you have to go all the way back to your beginning, your earliest memory. The beauty is your dreams have these answers but you must be diligent when recording and then interpreting those dreams.  I don't mean consulting dream books either - but looking at your earliest memories; how your caregiver (sometimes parents) impacted you with their practices and so on... Then you look at your world and what drives you to do what you've done. It is then you can tell where you're being controlled by your environment - and what you're deciding to do to remain in the community.  

It requires a whole lot of honesty but it's doable to find out what is true for you and what is simply your programming. 

• Like 1

@Pioneer1  You don't know what you're talking about. We do have the freedom to choose which mindset we embrace. i advocate rejecting the one that you are trapped under the spell of because it leads to a dead end.  It is also an act of free will to indulge in pleasurable vices we know to be harmful.

Cynique

i advocate rejecting the one that you are trapped under the spell of because it leads to a dead end.

Oh, you're an ADVOCATE now...lol.

Well, it's nice to see that you've FINALLY decided to take up a cause by "advocating" the rejection of my ideas, but.......
Don't you think there are bigger and more important thinks you could be "advocating" for in this society?

Like...say...the end to the violence going in your neck of the woods?

Or free healthcare?

Lol, if you're going to campaign and advocate for something, why not something POSITIVE instead of focusing negativity on another???

It is also an act of free will to indulge in pleasurable vices we know to be harmful.

It's not free will if the manufacturers of cigarettes have been KNOWINGLY putting chemicals in the cigarettes to get people addicted to them without telling them this.

Like I've said before,
What you THINK is "free will" is just a deeper and more clever form of manipulation.

Oh, and it looks like I found yet ANOTHER cause you can "advocate" for....lol....the banning of chemically addictive substances.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, it's nice to see that you've FINALLY decided to take up a cause by "advocating" the rejection of my ideas, but.......
Don't you think there are bigger and more important thinks you could be "advocating" for in this society?

No. Those causes you mention already have a plethora of advocates.  My mission is  and always has been to encourage black people to utilize the freedom they have to exorcise themselves of stagnant  ideas like yours that stifle their individual progress by trying to infect them with a herd mentality.  i think they've  earned the right to try and be all they can be, and want to be.   

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's not free will if the manufacturers of cigarettes have been KNOWINGLY putting chemicals in the cigarettes to get people addicted to them without telling them this.

Where are you getting this BS from?  Who doesn't know cigarettes contain nicotine which is addictive?  The Surgeon General  has been saying this for years.  Cigarette labels, themselves, say that smoking is "hazardous to your health".  But  I would still be smoking  if  cigarettes weren't so expensive and my lifestyle hadn't changed and i am no longer out partying and playing cards and boozing it up - something that i and millions of other people  like to do,  i thoroughly enjoyed smoking and drinking in moderation.  That's why i did it.  Nobody tricked me into doing it.    i'm not interested in leading  the life of a  stoic.  i like existing in the moment and having fun.   They say salt and sugar are bad for you.  I generously sprinkle  both of these  in and on my food because they make it taste better.   Screw all of these restriction.  it's my life and i don't need folks like you trying to influence my behavior and my habits.  This is not to say that there aren't people who agree with what you advocate,  And they're free to do so.  i don't give a damn.  

Cynique

My mission is and always has been to encourage black people to utilize the freedom they have to exorcise themselves of stagnant ideas like yours that stifle their individual progress by trying to infect them with a herd mentality. i think they've earned the right to try and be all they can be, and want to be.

Oh.....
Well if THAT'S your mission, you should be taking your mission to the very people who are actually preventing Black people from being all they can and want to be and actually contronting THEM over it.

Hiding behind computer screens and banging away at your keyboard isn't going to do too much toward advancing your mission, lol.

Who doesn't know cigarettes contain nicotine which is addictive?

Millions.
And especially in the past, millions upon millions didn't know.

Most people become addicted to smoking as teenagers when their reasoning facilities are still under developed; so you can tell them all day long about how addicting cigarettes are and how bad they are but they still won't fully grasp the long term consequences of smoking.

But I would still be smoking if cigarettes weren't so expensive and my lifestyle hadn't changed and i am no longer out partying and playing cards and boozing it up - something that i and millions of other people like to do, i thoroughly enjoyed smoking and drinking in moderation. That's why i did it. Nobody tricked me into doing it. i'm not interested in leading the life of a stoic. i like existing in the moment and having fun. They say salt and sugar are bad for you. I generously sprinkle both of these in and on my food because they make it taste better. Screw all of these restriction. it's my life and i don't need folks like you trying to influence my behavior and my habits. This is not to say that there aren't people who agree with what you advocate, And they're free to do so. i don't give a damn.

Selfish.

Do you give a damn about your children and grandchildren?
And how THEY feel about their grandmother hang out at all hours of the night in different bars and hotel rooms playing cards, drinking whiskey, and gobbling down cheap and salty junk foods as she gambles so much of the family's money???

How is getting drunk every night, gambling, and chain smoking helping to advance your mission?

• Troy featured this topic