Sign in to follow this  
Delano

Black Female Writers

Del

There isn't one person who knows me who thinks I am gay. So there some type of projection happening.

Didn't you just say in this very thread:

"
I have people tell me I am quirky, non aggressive , sensitive, good cook, good dancer, psychic, smart. So for a lot of people that makes me gay."

Apparently the projections aren't coming from me.
I'm not "a lot of people"....only one person...who has no idea as to your sexual orientation and not terribly concerned about it, lol.

As for my Korean friend.....
I left him back on the Westcoast but we still keep in touch from time to time.
Lol, do you you want his phone number??

I am going to help you out 

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

There isn't one person who knows me who thinks I am gay. So there some type of projection happening.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Didn't you just say in this very thread:

"
I have people tell me I am quirky, non aggressive , sensitive, good cook, good dancer, psychic, smart. So for a lot of people that makes me gay."

A lot of of people Don't know me. If you still need help connecting the dots let me know. 

Del

I didn't say people who knew you thought you were gay.

I'm just accepting what YOU revealed about yourself about people thinking you were gay (whether they took time to get to know you or not)......and offered an explaination as to possibly why.
Perhaps it was how you carried yourself moreso than your intellectual abilities.

Instead of trying to read INTO what I write....why not simply READ what I write and take it as is, lol.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:13 AM, Cynique said:

Knights of Columbus

Ahh I'll inform my young friend!

On 12/9/2018 at 7:58 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

Lawrence Otis Graham wrote a book on “Our Kind of People”

Yes I read Our Kind of People and the novels of his wife Pamela Thomas-Graham.  It was these books, working on Wall Street, and increasingly moving in circles of people who were in this world that opened my eyes into it. I know people who have had homes on the Vineyard for generations and I have vacationed there myself on a number of occasions, but vacationing there and being part of the culture are too different things. 

On 12/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself in a “pearls-clutching” scenario...

ROTFLMBAO! 

When I wrote about my thought on Lawrence Otis Graham I wasn't gonna say it, but I hated the who pretentious of the Black elite culture (of course I don't mean everyone).  But you see it anywhere the English dominated Black people.  The Black elites, the strivers seemingly adopt the mindset of the White elite which includes contempt for the Black underclass. 

Melvin was important because he was doing his before anyone else.  Mario, Spike, at al success was made easier by Mario breaking barriers.  Speaking of Melvin did anyone see his film, Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song?  Speaking using my Blaines Edward voice (from the Men On Film routine from Living Color) -- Hated it!

I guess comedians can not do routines like this and expect to host the Oscars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm just accepting what YOU revealed about yourself about people thinking you were gay (whether they took time to get to know you or not)......

The entire point is that they don't know me. It similar to racist white people's perception about people they never met. 

The point is I am not worried about perception over truth. 

You and Troy give me stick for siding with women. I don't give either of you a hard time for being dismissive about women's issue and their perspective in general. 

I feel I have succeeded in having a position that is more neutral. 

I was disappointed by Pioneer1 saying he didn't care about Elijah raping girls and he would smile. What was the reaction from the men. We can't even defend the honour of teenage girls with a word or two. Yet you wonder why women don't feel protected by Black Men. The fact I have to repeatedly say this is what makes this conversation so depressing. 

Yet you talk about Black unity, maybe start with listening and respect. No wait that's not important in your struggle. 

I heard a Black Woman rapper say bring a black woman was like being black twice. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

You and Troy give me stick for siding with women. I don't give either of you a hard time for being dismissive about women's issue and their perspective in general. 

Please stop generalizing. It is lazy and shows an unwillingness or inability to distinguish differences in opinions that differ from yours.

8 hours ago, Delano said:

I was disappointed by Pioneer1 saying he didn't care about Elijah raping girls and he would smile. What was the reaction from the men. We can't even defend the honour of teenage girls with a word or two. 

Oh Brother, here we go with taking statements from one and generalizing across a group... please read what i wrote here since you obviously missed it: 

Del

I was disappointed by Pioneer1 saying he didn't care about Elijah raping girls and he would smile. What was the reaction from the men.

So it's not enough that you lie on Martin Luther King and Malcolm X who aren't on here to defend themselves.....NOW you wanna lie on ME huh?????

I've NEVER said that I didn't care of Elijah Muhammad or anyone else raped girls and that I would smile about it!

Don't even TRY it Delano....don't even.

You're deliberately taking my words out of their context and trying your best to twist them so that they will comfortably fit YOUR twisted agenda of attempting to portray yourself as some knight in shining armor who stands above all the other men on this site when it comes to defending the Black woman's honor.
But let me ask you a question:

Now I know what I'M doing in real life to protect Black women and girls-

And I don't know of everything Troy is doing but just providing this platform for AfroAmerican writers ALONE is doing more to help talented Black women than most Black American men are doing for them so far-

But besides typing up a storm on the internet, what are YOU doing in real life to advance your "cause" to protect the Black woman and her honor......lol....way overthere in Australia?

Del

Let me know if any of that is incomprehensible to either @Troy @Pioneer1or@NubianFellow

I am awaiting your responses.

My response:

Elijah Muhammad was one of the greatest Black men to have been born in the United States.

I don't give a shit IF he banged 10,000 young secretaries and was smiling to himself while he was doing it!

No you didn't say that he raped, teenage girls. You said he had sex with them. But it was rape since they couldn't freely say no. It's similar to sexual harassment in terms work place. Except that it is infinitely worse. Due to the girls inability to leave the situation. 

To me your statement is unbelievably callous. 

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But besides typing up a storm on the internet, what are YOU doing in real life to advance your "cause" to protect the Black woman and her honor

Nothing other than listening and not throwing women under the bus or using them as footstools in order to hide my defects. 

The problem with  pride in is it only blinds the individual to their own deficiencies. 

And being arrogant and on a pedestal of ignorance. Is the best example of pride before the fall. 

1 hour ago, Delano said:

No you didn't say that he raped, teenage girls. You said he had sex with them. But it was rape since they couldn't freely say no. It's similar to sexual harassment in terms work place. Except that it is infinitely worse. Due to the girls inability to leave the situation. 

To me your statement is unbelievably callous. 

Thank you for admitting that you lied on me and are now attempting to correct this accusation.
See how easy that was?

Case closed.

There is such a thing as statutory rape, - a legal term for an adult having sex with an under-the-age-of-consent minor, and this is a crime. It doesn't matter if such sex was consensual.