Soul trilogy

Hey @Maurice, thanks again for the recommendations!  I just added these books to the website: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Stuart+Cosgrove#books and will reach out to the publisher for the Harlem 69. It is interesting that a Scot would be so passionate about the Black American music scene and is even winning awards for his efforts.  I'm gonna share your image on social media :-) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I almost ordered Malcolm X,a life of reinvention. Thankfully, I didn't. But that was only after seeing a review on this site of another book, A lie of reinvention. Is there anyone here read either of these books and what are your thoughts? Is the latter book merely correcting the first one ?

I just gave away my copy of Marable's book (I often gift books to guests who come to my home).  Marable's book was particularly controversial because it mentioned (or implied I never actually read the specific text), that Malcolm has sex with white men for money.

A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable’s Malcolm X by Jared Ball and Todd Steven Burroughs corrects issues raised by Marable.  Marable died just before the book was published. I often wondered about his untimely death in the context of the publication of his book. 

The Crisis of the Negro Intellectual: A Historical Analysis of the Failure of Black Leadership by Harold Cruse was a classic. I bet Cruse could go to town in 2019!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:02 PM, Maurice said:

Well, I'm definetly opting for the Ball and Burroughs book.  Thanks.

I'm glad I found this website because otherwise I would have never known about this book. I'm promoting it everywhere. That Marable character hated Malcolm his whole life and wrote that garbage so he'd be posthumously lionized by white liberals. It worked.

• Thanks 2

A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable’s Malcolm X is published by Black Classic Press, and Black owned company based in MD. The book is also written, printed, and distributed by Black owned companies.  I sell this book by redirecting readers to the Black Classic Press' website. 

So when you write you would not have heard of the book were it for not for this site.  If you buy the book online it is important that you buy it from the link I provide or and Indie bookseller -- otherwise these books will not be published.

buy-a-lie-of-reinvention-small.gif  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Troy said:

A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable’s Malcolm X is published by Black Classic Press, and Black owned company based in MD. The book is also written, printed, and distributed by Black owned companies.  I sell this book by redirecting readers to the Black Classic Press' website. 

So when you write you would not have heard of the book were it for not for this site.  If you buy the book online it is important that you buy it from the link I provide or and Indie bookseller -- otherwise these books will not be published.

@Troy I've already updated several blog posts I've written or edited about Malcolm over the years and placed your link in them.

• Thanks 2

I didn't write this one (it's mostly videos published on Malcolm's birthday a few years ago). But I write for this organization and edit articles on the 12 sites under its umbrella.

https://operation-nation.com/?p=54

We've been around for 13 years. I see there's a blog on this website. I should put you in contact with the Operation-Nation founder and we can swap guest blog posts.

• Thanks 1

As an aside @Kareem, it you recast your Blogs URLs with meaningful text like "I-Have-Dream.php" rather than "?p=52" that would help with your SEO. Wordpress allows you to do this without breaking your URL.   Now Google has all kinds of hoops you have to jump through but that one is low hanging fruit provided the have no issues with the nature of your site's content which I can not assess -- who knows what is going on in Google's little brain.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...